The Pussycat Dolls - React

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

Not really. They already collaborated with R.Kelly, Snoop Doogs, Missy Elliott and Timbaland and they of course all had their solo parts in the respective songs.
    I mean Wait a Minute is literally Nicole and Keri Hilson with Timbaland and Whatcha Think About That has more Ester Dean on it than Melody.

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

I’m watching this and wondering what a second verse from Carmit might have sounded like. I think they missed out in an opportunity to show as the real dolls ability (as a group).
      | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

Not really. They already collaborated with R.Kelly, Snoop Doogs, Missy Elliott and Timbaland and they of course all had their solo parts in the respective songs.
        Yes but this time round we where told vocals would be spread out more. Which they haven't been. So adding another singer before even giving the others a chance to shine is shady.
        Love you like a love song!

Comment

• Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post

Yes but this time round we where told vocals would be spread out more. Which they haven't been. So adding another singer before even giving the others a chance to shine is shady.
          They actually never said that in that way, they said things would be more 'equal' in the group (not explicit on music) or something around that lines and it def. already shows in interviews and promo where all girls do their own rounds. And that on tour they would show their individual talents. Carmit said she hopes and that the plan is eventually to all get them on the music, even recently. But the roll out of this reunion is just a scedule puzzle.

Jessica and Carmit are still most of the time in the US, Ashley and Kimberly live in the UK, Nicole is flying back and forth. For most of their performances so far they rehearsed a few days. They hardly are together. So hopefully the touring forces them to go to the studio together and work on some new material
          At the end of the day React was just a Nicole solo song, and they added bgvocals by the girls in the time span of like 48 hours, with Nicole also shooting the Masked singer and flying from the UK/US

The focus of this reunion always was the touring, so I guess the music itself is just secondary. And also this is just the first release which was rushed in every way possible

Comment

• Even though this wasn't a real commercial success (though I think it did ok to what I actually expected, at least in the UK), I really love this and I'm enjoying this as much as I enjoyed their singles ten years ago.

Comment

• They’re performing a mini concert on Sunrise (Australia) this Friday.
              5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by IVyoncé View Post

They actually never said that in that way, they said things would be more 'equal' in the group (not explicit on music) or something around that lines and it def. already shows in interviews and promo where all girls do their own rounds. And that on tour they would show their individual talents. Carmit said she hopes and that the plan is eventually to all get them on the music, even recently. But the roll out of this reunion is just a scedule puzzle.

Jessica and Carmit are still most of the time in the US, Ashley and Kimberly live in the UK, Nicole is flying back and forth. For most of their performances so far they rehearsed a few days. They hardly are together. So hopefully the touring forces them to go to the studio together and work on some new material
                At the end of the day React was just a Nicole solo song, and they added bgvocals by the girls in the time span of like 48 hours, with Nicole also shooting the Masked singer and flying from the UK/US

The focus of this reunion always was the touring, so I guess the music itself is just secondary. And also this is just the first release which was rushed in every way possible
                I think they are not ready for an album... but the real lead single will probably have shared vocals
                Forever Young

Comment

• I dont even need shared lead just let them actually do the backing rather than Nicole layering her voice with whoever wrote the demo.
                  Uk the only way

Comment

• Originally posted by muzik_biz_wiz View Post
                    I dont even need shared lead just let them actually do the backing rather than Nicole layering her voice with whoever wrote the demo.
                    They actually do bg on this though

Comment

• Last edited by KEY9481; Fri March 6th, 2020, 11:17.
                      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by muzik_biz_wiz View Post
                        I dont even need shared lead just let them actually do the backing rather than Nicole layering her voice with whoever wrote the demo.
                        Wouldn't it be iconic if Nicole pulled a Beyoncé and announced that everyone is going to sing lead as everyone can sing lead now ^^ ?
                        ~ representing the LBC ~

Comment

• I'm happy this has actually improved its chart position in the UK!

Comment

• They are still hot af and that’s on being bi but Nicole is still up front and still main singer. I thought they broke up because of that
                            https://twitter.com/pussycatdolls/status/1200891991279751168 They just performed a new song on The X Factor https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM3j_TXeqfc (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM3j_TXeqfc)

Comment

• Originally posted by ThomasGrace View Post
                              They are still hot af and that’s on being bi but Nicole is still up front and still main singer. I thought they broke up because of that
                              They broke up because it was a toxic environment. Their manager played Nicole and the girls against eachother. Melody got promised more vocal time but never got it and slowly but surely the situation escalated with as infamous moment the feat. Nicole Scherzinger moment. They have new management, are signed to an indie label and all seem to have grown and don't mind Nicole being the lead. They are still figuring out things musically and take things one song at a time atm.

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• I'm late to the party, but I finally gave the song/music video a spin and let me start with the music video: WOW, that's hot! The girls definitely haven't aged a bit during the last 10 years and can easily keep up with their younger colleagues. It wasn't cheap but definitely very erotic, which is what they've been known for. Regarding the song: It is a short electropop focussing on Nicole's lead vocals. Lyrically, the song is about a woman who requires her man to be a bad ass at times rather than the steadily nice gentleman. The highlight of the song is the 'hey, hey, hey' part after the chorus. While still lacking a few details here and there (a chorus with more oomph, some kind of 3rd verse/c-part/rap part, more background vocal action in the last third of the song), it's a solid effort to announce the comeback and I'm looking forward for more . 6/10
                                  ~ representing the LBC ~

Comment

• ​​​​​​Cash Cash Remix is out and it's FIRE

Last FM <3
                                    Instagram

Comment

• THE PUSSYCAT DOLLS

@pussycatdolls
                                      ·
                                      Mar 28
                                      We have a couple fun surprises coming for y’all next week... any guesses??
                                      Last FM <3
                                      Instagram

Comment

• Originally posted by Ivica View Post
                                        throw another single plz

Comment

• They won't do another song, not while they can't promote it.

Comment

• The surprise is the Cash Cash Remix of React, which drops tomorrow.

It already leaked and it uses the Nicole solo version

Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• daamn, such a bang video visuals. perfect
                                              Last FM <3
                                              Instagram

Comment

• gurl!!!!......this is NOT what we need in the middle of a pandemic.

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4lc...ture=emb_title
                                                  Last edited by IVyoncé; Fri April 3rd, 2020, 09:12.

Comment

• That was a nice surprise. They have good harmonies, when you can hear them.

If anything that video reminds me that the rest of the girls are good vocalists yet don't sing.
                                                    Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X