No announcement yet.

The Pussycat Dolls - React

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The water part was very clever by the way!

Comment

Judging by our REACTION here, React was the perfect name for the song since the beginning lol

Comment

Let’s be honest. We wanted a reunion. We are getting it.
        Nicole was never the best live singer in the group but we got the group together (minus “up and coming” Melody).
        Loved the remixed versions of the songs. It brings back such good memories.
        It’s all happening and that’s all that matters. 14 years later. Some of y’all were teens and now married.
        | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Originally posted by Preyoncé View Post
          Let’s be honest. We wanted a reunion. We are getting it.
          Nicole was never the best live singer in the group but we got the group together (minus “up and coming” Melody).
          Yes I think Nicole was more of a great frontwoman rather than a singer.

Comment

Wow I‘m shocked and soooo dissapointed!
            This was even less than a comeback of Nicole and her background dancers!
            I don’t need a PD comeback for slutty dance routines... you can see this in the club by drunk girls or gay men every night!
            Life tastes better with music
            Instagram: DC34ever

Comment

Originally posted by DC34ever View Post
              Wow I‘m shocked and soooo dissapointed!
              This was even less than a comeback of Nicole and her background dancers!
              I don’t need a PD comeback for slutty dance routines... you can see this in the club by drunk girls or gay men every night!
              Well have fun at a random club then
              PCD always have been doing sexy sultry choreo since the days it was a Burlesque troupe in Vegas

Comment

True. What did you expected?
                It's one vocalist and 4 dancers, and Melody who wished she's a vocalist #poormelody

Girls killed it, 10 years later, and they did this show just in a week. Nicole is one of the best singers ever, she's the most versatile singer of our time. And they were FIRE last night. I sanged Fuego after I saw performance.
                That water trick was brilliant. And when they jumped off the stage, damn.

It was missed opportunity to release the single Right Now, but I guess that they booked maybe more shows to promote it, once it's released.

I need an album, short one, and European and USA tour.

Now I just need Sugababes to come back properly, and my childhood memories are back.
                BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

i didn’t follow it, pussycat dolls were exactly that all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mo Bounce View Post
                    i didn’t follow it, pussycat dolls were exactly that all the time.
                    In general, also social media it is like people expected the 'Nuns of the holy spirit' instead of The Pussycat Dolls.

Comment

Hm, I have super mixed feelings about the performance.
                      It was most definitely a good effort, especially for a group that hasn't been together for 10 years. The whole industry has changed so much since their last release and they were still on stage, giving it all and dancing like they have never been away.
                      Having said that, the industry and world have changed so much, that it almost felt a bit too much. I am most definitely not a prude and sexiness can be done so well, but this really felt like pleasing the "male" gaze instead of the power of sex. And the other girls still not singing is just downright cringeworthy.

Originally posted by croatiaxtina View Post
                      Nicole is one of the best singers ever, she's the most versatile singer of our time. And they were FIRE last night.
                      What? I really hope this is a joke
                      i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging

Comment

Just saw the performance. It was awkward. They still want us to believe the other 4 sing some parts when we all know they never really did and never won't? Huh, OK. And Nicole was lip syncing for the most part. It's always disappointing to see a judge on the X Factor lipsync. Put your money where your mouth is. And when she did sing it wasn't the best TBH.

PCD were good back in the day as a project, but in 2019 they're obsolete AF.
                        I have received many gifts from God,
                        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Joke? Watch her performances, she can sing pop, rock, soul, jazz, opera... everything.
                          You must be living under the rock.
                          BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                          YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

Joke? Watch her performances, she can sing pop, rock, soul, jazz, opera... everything.
                            You must be living under the rock.
                            I honestly still don't know if you are being serious or not.

Comment

Well those aren't this performance, right?
                              I have received many gifts from God,
                              but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Originally posted by Fan View Post
                                I honestly still don't know if you are being serious or not.
                                Why can't [MENTION=24366]croatiaxtina[/MENTION] be serious, I agree aswell. Nicole is a very versatile singer. Her performances of Phantom Of The Opera, And I Am Telling You, her songs with David Garrett. I don't know much singers that could handle a wide range of genres beside Bey, Christina and Gaga from her days

Also in general, who says the other girls won't sing during this reunion. This was put together in less than a week. They are still together and gonna work, rehearse etc. On everything.

Also the ironic part is that I see 'fathers' doing the absolute most on this performance on social media and a few soccer moms

Comment

This performance was better than what some pop girls have been serving in recent shows and probably rehearsed two months for it.

Comment

Having said that, the industry and world have changed so much, that it almost felt a bit too much. I am most definitely not a prude and sexiness can be done so well, but this really felt like pleasing the "male" gaze instead of the power of sex.
                                    Nicole actually talked about this a little bit in an interview published a few days ago:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...menting-myself

The Pussycat Dolls’ hyper-sexualised image also captured the collective imagination. Reviews condemned or celebrated the “fantasy of a girl group that’s only in it for sex” (to quote from one that was very much in favour). The fact that they had been assembled from a burlesque dance troupe rarely went unremarked upon in their press.

Scherzinger rolls her eyes at the reminder that they had been fined for public indecency while performing in Kuala Lumpur. The group’s reputation and “cabaret vibe” drew a lot of attention, she says, “but if you look at my outfits, I was in trousers most of the time”. She has never even kissed anyone in a music video, while now, “people sucking each other’s faces off and dry-humping – it’s everywhere, you know?”

She mocks herself a little for clutching her metaphorical pearls – while drinking tea and wearing a cardigan – but admits that a part of her is quite traditional. “I think there’s something to be said for leaving a little bit for the imagination. I’m a massive fan of all the cool kids out there, I’m not going to judge them. I just know, for myself, I like to try to be a little bit more … I don’t want to say demure, I sound like a prude – classy?”

Comment

Originally posted by IVyoncé View Post
                                      Why can't [MENTION=24366]croatiaxtina[/MENTION] be serious, I agree aswell. Nicole is a very versatile singer. Her performances of Phantom Of The Opera, And I Am Telling You, her songs with David Garrett. I don't know much singers that could handle a wide range of genres beside Bey, Christina and Gaga from her days

Also in general, who says the other girls won't sing during this reunion. This was put together in less than a week. They are still together and gonna work, rehearse etc. On everything.

Also the ironic part is that I see 'fathers' doing the absolute most on this performance on social media and a few soccer moms
                                      Because discribing Nicole as one of the best singers ever is just very rich. I am not saying she is not a good singer, she does have a voice, but she is far from being one of the best singers of her generation, let alone ever.

Comment

Because discribing Nicole as one of the best singers ever is just very rich. I am not saying she is not a good singer, she does have a voice, but she is far from being one of the best singers of her generation, let alone ever.
                                        It's all just personal opinion at the end of the day.

Comment

Nicole is one hell of a singer, Andrew Lloyd Webber himself said she gave the best vocal performance ever of the Cats hit song 'Memories', you can stream it on Spotify if you guys want to check what she did there. She is very talented.
                                          Last edited by locoporti; Sun December 1st, 2019, 10:38.

Comment

Originally posted by locoporti View Post
                                            Nicole is one hell of a singer, Andrew Lloyd Webber himself said she gave the best vocal performance ever of the Cats hit song 'Memories', you can stream it on Spotify if you guys want to check what she did there. She is very talented.

It’s not on Spotify.

Comment

I just had a look at the performance and personally have to say that I really liked it. I agree that it would've been even greater if Nicole completely skipped the lipsyncing, but you can tell that the band did it in favor of a more challenging choreography. I'm really happy that they managed to push their egos aside and to be honest: The Pussycat Dolls have always been known for their sexy performances and it has always been clear that the band would be Nicole-centered with the others completing the image. Which means that they basically continued where they left. And I'm very excited about where this road will go next for them...
                                              ~ representing the LBC ~

Comment

The snippet of React sounded interesting
                                                I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

I can't believe they previewed a brand new single as part of their performance and didn't release the song right away. It's not 2003 anymore!!!!

I mean that charity version of Run is currently #1 on iTunes so Pussycat Dolls could've at least been #2 right now had the song been released. Record companies eh?

Comment

Of course, the music industry and the world has changed but I don't see the harm of PCD's sexual image. It has always been about the dance routines, their hotness and stuff. It might sound superficial but that's exactly what I need right now... In an industry where everyone is super special and trying too hard to impress 15 year-old Spotify listeners with 2:30m songs of tons of whispering, sluring, mumbling and no middle 8 parts.
                                                    Also, music videos show way more sexuality nowadays, more kissing, making out scenes... Also more nudity.
                                                    I don't get the criticism PCD gets today... I mean, their image might me "old-fashioned" but it's way more modest and tamer than what some other pop acts represent.
                                                    Last edited by Mainshow; Sun December 1st, 2019, 13:37.
                                                    Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

Working...
                                                    X