Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Pussycat Dolls - React

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #51
    The overanalysis of a little sexiness. GOOD LORD.

    I'm looking forward to hearing the full song.

    Comment


    • #52
      idk for me not that much has changed. If I look at some of the stage costumes of Camila Cabello, Mabel, Lizzo, Normani etc. they are in the same sultry department. The only thing that has 'changed' is that people are more explicit on social media and are more hypocritical. The same father that now wants to 'protect' his 8 year old and doesn't understand 'nudity' in stage outfits, is the same guy who lost his sh*t to Christina's Dirrty, Britney's Slave, and his father probably also could 'appriciate' Madonna, Janet, Cher etc. etc.
      Female performers and sensual choreo/clothing always has been critiqued harder than a random male singer without a shirt, the only guy who got a bit of heat recently was Adam Levine at the Superbowl. I mean if it is not your cup of tea, it is fine. But let's not act like the whole world is a complete different place when it comes to these topics.

      Comment


      • #53
        Originally posted by JakeP View Post
        I can't believe they previewed a brand new single as part of their performance and didn't release the song right away. It's not 2003 anymore!!!!

        I mean that charity version of Run is currently #1 on iTunes so Pussycat Dolls could've at least been #2 right now had the song been released. Record companies eh?
        The only reasons I can think of for delaying the release are because it would have been overshadowed by the charity and winner's singles and because it's probably an unfinished Nicole demo. Hopefully it was delayed to get the other girls on it as well and release it with a video.
        Rest In Peace Lilly!

        Comment


        • #54
          Originally posted by Mainshow View Post
          Of course, the music industry and the world has changed but I don't see the harm of PCD's sexual image. It has always been about the dance routines, their hotness and stuff. It might sound superficial but that's exactly what I need right now... In an industry where everyone is super special and trying too hard to impress 15 year-old Spotify listeners with 2:30m songs of tons of whispering, sluring, mumbling and no middle 8 parts.
          Also, music videos show way more sexuality nowadays, more kissing, making out scenes... Also more nudity.
          I don't get the criticism PCD gets today... I mean, their image might me "old-fashioned" but it's way more modest and tamer than what some other pop acts represent.
          If it's The Sun newspaper, that's says it all really. Their entertainment section is headed up by a creepy gay guy who i suspect has never had sex and is sexually frustrated, and then uses that frustration to slag off anyone famous.

          If he genuinely thinks The Pussycat Dolls performance was too sexualised, he needs to go on GRM DAILY (a YouTube channel dedicated to the worst in rap/grime music that infiltrates the UK charts effortlessly on a weekly basis).

          I totally agree with you. We need more middle 8s. In fact, we need more novelty songs to counter balance the intensity of the urban music scene. No wonder knife crime is so out of control in the UK.

          ...and breathe!!!!

          Comment


          • #55
            Originally posted by JakeP View Post
            If it's The Sun newspaper, that's says it all really. Their entertainment section is headed up by a creepy gay guy who i suspect has never had sex and is sexually frustrated, and then uses that frustration to slag off anyone famous.

            If he genuinely thinks The Pussycat Dolls performance was too sexualised, he needs to go on GRM DAILY (a YouTube channel dedicated to the worst in rap/grime music that infiltrates the UK charts effortlessly on a weekly basis).

            I totally agree with you. We need more middle 8s. In fact, we need more novelty songs to counter balance the intensity of the urban music scene. No wonder knife crime is so out of control in the UK.

            ...and breathe!!!!
            <3

            Seriously, middle 8 parts can save the world! They are crucial to pop songs... The heavenly Middle 8 part of "When I grow up" is the perfect example. Them performing it last night made the realize that this is what pop music is lacking nowadays.
            Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

            Comment


            • #56
              Originally posted by Ska8er View Post
              The only reasons I can think of for delaying the release are because it would have been overshadowed by the charity and winner's singles and because it's probably an unfinished Nicole demo. Hopefully it was delayed to get the other girls on it as well and release it with a video.
              The music industry is the fastest paced it's ever been. We've got to the stage now where once an artist releases their album, the fans are asking "so when's the new album coming out".

              I sort of feel like they had a moment to capitalise on and once that moment passes, it's difficult to get the momentum up and running again. Even by mid-January purely because The Pussycat Dolls aren't really a household name so the public will likely have forgotten all about this performance by the time 1st January 2020 rolls round.

              If it was One Direction getting back together, they probably could release the new single in a month and it'd still be a hit upon release.

              Comment


              • #57
                I hope they know what they are doing and their plan works out in the end. I must say I feel spoiled and annoyed these days If I don't get the music right after it is teased.

                Comment


                • #58
                  Originally posted by DC34ever View Post
                  Wow I‘m shocked and soooo dissapointed!
                  This was even less than a comeback of Nicole and her background dancers!
                  I don’t need a PD comeback for slutty dance routines... you can see this in the club by drunk girls or gay men every night!
                  It’s the festive season. We all need some hoe hoe hoes
                  | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

                  Comment


                  • #59
                    Originally posted by JakeP View Post
                    The music industry is the fastest paced it's ever been. We've got to the stage now where once an artist releases their album, the fans are asking "so when's the new album coming out".

                    I sort of feel like they had a moment to capitalise on and once that moment passes, it's difficult to get the momentum up and running again. Even by mid-January purely because The Pussycat Dolls aren't really a household name so the public will likely have forgotten all about this performance by the time 1st January 2020 rolls round.

                    If it was One Direction getting back together, they probably could release the new single in a month and it'd still be a hit upon release.
                    Don't get me wrong I completely agree with you. That was by far the best opportunity they had to release React. That's why I mentioned that whenever they do end up releasing it, I hope they have a big promotional campaign for it.

                    Hopefully they'll also be able to enter the streaming era smoothly. Older acts tend to struggle on that front.
                    Rest In Peace Lilly!

                    Comment


                    • #60
                      Originally posted by Fan View Post
                      Because discribing Nicole as one of the best singers ever is just very rich. I am not saying she is not a good singer, she does have a voice, but she is far from being one of the best singers of her generation, let alone ever.
                      Proove me wrong. As IVyonce said, next to Xtina, Gaga, and even Beyonce she's the most versatile singer among the well known singers. If you don't believe check out some of her peroformances. And at the end of the day it's my opinion, and realistic at the other side too.
                      BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                      YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

                      Comment


                      • #61
                        Originally posted by Marchum View Post
                        It’s not on Spotify.
                        I was talking about Memory, not the new PCD song.
                        I believe 'React' is not finished yet and that's why they didn't release it after the performance.

                        EDIT: The correct name of the song is 'Memory'.
                        Last edited by locoporti; Sun December 1st, 2019, 22:51.

                        Comment


                        • #62
                          Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post
                          This performance was better than what some pop girls have been serving in recent shows and probably rehearsed two months for it.
                          Preach! It was the best performance X Factor has seen in years. Don’t care if there was miming, Nicole gave some great notes in the right places and the staging was brilliant.

                          Comment


                          • #63
                            They were sexy AF, even I got a twinge, loved it, the new song sounds very promising.
                            1 Victoria|2 Destiny |3 Vasil |4 Little Big|5 The Mamas |

                            Comment


                            • #64
                              Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post
                              This performance was better than what MOST (All if we wanna be completely honest) pop girls have been serving in recent shows and probably rehearsed two months for it.
                              They killed that. Wigs on the floor. A rehearsed performance. I think a few of you forgot what those looked like and it's sad tbh.

                              I don't get what ppl don't understand that that PCD has always been Nicole and them other hoes when it came to vocal distribution (no disrespect to the other girls...I was an Ashley Stan back in the day ). I think that was even more clear this go round when Melody didn't come back. Nicole is mad talented so I never mind this...this is apart of the act. Anything is possible but I wouldn't expect much change.

                              With that said, BRING IT ON!!!!!!
                              Originally posted by snoh aalegra


                              - Ugh, those feels again

                              Comment


                              • #65
                                Originally posted by locoporti View Post
                                I was talking about 'Memories' not the new PCD song.
                                I believe 'React' is not finished yet and that's why they didn't release it after the performance.
                                I can’t find Memories :/

                                Comment


                                • #66
                                  Imagine if some of girls actually have some parts singing on new material!
                                  OMG Melody would be soooo angry

                                  She's so delusional when she said she wouldn't benefit of reunion, and that she's primarly VOCALIST girl you had your chance and we don't want to hear it again!
                                  She should've leave her ego beside, and get the money from reunion, while she still can. Other girls are smart.
                                  Forget about #poormichelle it's #poormelody
                                  BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                                  YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

                                  Comment


                                  • #67
                                    Originally posted by croatiaxtina View Post
                                    Imagine if some of girls actually have some parts singing on new material!
                                    OMG Melody would be soooo angry

                                    She's so delusional when she said she wouldn't benefit of reunion, and that she's primarly VOCALIST girl you had your chance and we don't want to hear it again!
                                    She should've leave her ego beside, and get the money from reunion, while she still can. Other girls are smart.
                                    Forget about #poormichelle it's #poormelody



                                    She sounds very reasonable and kind. Not everthing is just money. She obviously just didn't need that extra money the girls were offered. It's a boss ass b*tch move that shows her dedication and character. I guess, it's hard to relate for you.

                                    Comment


                                    • #68
                                      I actually liked her response. Very humble too. She was frank without getting nasty.
                                      On a personal note, I am sad she didn’t give in because PCD will never be complete without all the band members. Just like the Spice Girls. Or Backstreet Boys. Or NSync.
                                      | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

                                      Comment


                                      • #69
                                        Originally posted by Preyoncé View Post
                                        I actually liked her response. Very humble too. She was frank without getting nasty.
                                        On a personal note, I am sad she didn’t give in because PCD will never be complete without all the band members. Just like the Spice Girls. Or Backstreet Boys. Or NSync.
                                        It's funny, I don't see PCD that way. It wouldn't make a difference to me if Nicole had just hired a new set of dancers with similar builds. The other groups mentioned I can see it, most of the members had at least some impact on the music in those.

                                        Comment


                                        • #70
                                          Ashley and Kimberley have maintained good profiles in the UK, so it probably would’ve been odd to UK audiences for them to have been replaced.

                                          Comment


                                          • #71
                                            Originally posted by JakeP View Post
                                            If it's The Sun newspaper, that's says it all really. Their entertainment section is headed up by a creepy gay guy who i suspect has never had sex and is sexually frustrated, and then uses that frustration to slag off anyone famous.

                                            If he genuinely thinks The Pussycat Dolls performance was too sexualised, he needs to go on GRM DAILY (a YouTube channel dedicated to the worst in rap/grime music that infiltrates the UK charts effortlessly on a weekly basis).

                                            I totally agree with you. We need more middle 8s. In fact, we need more novelty songs to counter balance the intensity of the urban music scene. No wonder knife crime is so out of control in the UK.

                                            ...and breathe!!!!
                                            The Sun is trash, but your analysis of grime is a major ok boomer moment and comes across as a bit racist. That knife crime comment is not it.

                                            I was surprised the PCD performance actually happened after all the false starts Robin Antin put us through.

                                            Bar Nicole’s poor lip-syncing it was really good though. The choreo and staging were all the best we’d seen on X Factor in a long time.

                                            The new song sounded cute. at Nicole not having a song out after another high profile performance, she always has the messiest releases.
                                            late.

                                            Comment


                                            • #72
                                              Yeah Nicole’s lipping on the chorus of WIGU was not it.

                                              Comment


                                              • #73
                                                I was SLAYED by the performance, my eyes were glued to the screen the entire time. I wish today's stars at this much stage presence and charisma.

                                                Keen to hear the new song in full, they would be silly not to release it this week.

                                                Surprised to hear anyone think that Nicole isn't a great singer, I rate her very highly (go watch some of her other solo performances on YouTube).
                                                Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

                                                Comment


                                                • #74
                                                  Originally posted by JimJim View Post

                                                  Surprised to hear anyone think that Nicole isn't a great singer, I rate her very highly (go watch some of her other solo performances on YouTube).
                                                  That person is probbaly hater or is bitter, I mean she proved many many times how amazingly she can sing and IMO she is the best pop singer ever.
                                                  Last FM <3
                                                  Instagram

                                                  Comment


                                                  • #75
                                                    #1 trending video worldwide. 2.5 million viewers in 24 hours.
                                                    Rest In Peace Lilly!

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X