The Pussycat Dolls - React

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ska8er View Post
    #1 trending video worldwide. 2.5 million viewers in 24 hours.
    The Pussycat Kweens?
    Originally posted by Kaloki
    I don't understand why WBT still isn't at #1 tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Ska8er View Post
      #1 trending video worldwide. 2.5 million viewers in 24 hours.
      Ugh they need to release the song sooner than later

Comment

Comment

Awesome performance and the snippet of "React" sounded VERY promising - exactly what we would need in the Pop world right now. A shame they didn't release it on the weekend to benefit the most from their performance, it could have been a decent hit in the UK at least that way. But at the same time I also get why they wait - I mean, Christmas songs will be all over the charts for the next four weeks so they may get lost in that busy times.

Comment

So happy they're back! Always hated Melody's annoyinh Xtina wannabe's voice, I hope REACT is coming soon!!!

Comment

The performance was absolutely fun to watch; they were all in sync and all performed fabulous dance routines; hearing the old hits getting remixed was a genius idea as well, those songs were ultimate hits in their own times.

But... why half of the performance was filled with pre-rocorded vocals? Lol that was so weird and to my surprise (or not to my surprise) the other girls in the group are still portrayed as dancers. Hmm... well; in hearts of hearts i adore most of Nicole’s solo and group releases but guess in fairness a group collaboration would have been a much nicer comeback after all of these years.

And finally the snippet of the new song sounded flat compared to their glorious catalogue.
              Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting

Comment

Originally posted by oaknuys View Post
                The performance was absolutely fun to watch; they were all in sync and all performed fabulous dance routines; hearing the old hits getting remixed was a genius idea as well, those songs were ultimate hits in their own times.

But... why half of the performance was filled with pre-rocorded vocals? Lol that was so weird and to my surprise (or not to my surprise) the other girls in the group are still portrayed as dancers. Hmm... well; in hearts of hearts i adore most of Nicole’s solo and group releases but guess in fairness a group collaboration would have been a much nicer comeback after all of these years.
                They met last week and had like 3 days to properly rehearse, the focus was the performance itself, not really the vocal aspect. I doubt they had time or even wanted to make time to re-record the songs and re-distribute the vocal parts. I also don't think we should expect any of the songs to get new vocal distribution. Best hope is for future recordings to get some vocal share to some extend.

Comment

I'm not expecting a Destiny Fulfilled affair, but having the other dolls doing background vocals instead of Nicole would be nice. Maybe they'll get the odd pre-chorus or middle 8 if we're lucky (or Melody's iconic ad-libs).
                  late.

Comment

I still can't get over that fierce performance. This is the reason why they were able to force Destiny's Child to retirement in 2005.

This comeback would have been a perfect vehicle to have Melody do some verses but sadly, she's not in the group. I think Carmit and Ashley should do some songs so that it's not always dependent on Nicole. They all deserve equal screentime because they're all so gorgeous and they all exude that fierce energy.

Comment

Originally posted by IVyoncé View Post
                      They met last week and had like 3 days to properly rehearse, the focus was the performance itself, not really the vocal aspect. I doubt they had time or even wanted to make time to re-record the songs and re-distribute the vocal parts. I also don't think we should expect any of the songs to get new vocal distribution. Best hope is for future recordings to get some vocal share to some extend.

That explains why. Thanks for the clarification.

Btw, they bounced back as a 5 piece in the X Factor performance but weirdly enough on an other recent interview they were 6 or 7? Lol
                      Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting

Comment

Yeah I just watched it. The new song sounds interesting. I also thought Nicole was phoning it in a bit with the vocals (except some parts and that big note finishing When I Grow Up) but it makes sense that they were a bit reliant on the backtrack with little rehearsal time. At the least the choreography and performance aspect was definitely on point and each song in the medley didn't drag.
                        UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

The video of the performance already has over 5,7 million views on YouTube.

There's definitely some hype and I'm so glad about that!
                          A shame the comment section is deactivated though, would love to read some feedbacks there!

Comment

That explains why. Thanks for the clarification.

Btw, they bounced back as a 5 piece in the X Factor performance but weirdly enough on an other recent interview they were 6 or 7? Lol
                            Robin Antin was with them for one of the sit-down press events, that's why there were 6 at timed

Comment

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                              The video of the performance already has over 5,7 million views on YouTube.

There's definitely some hype and I'm so glad about that!
                              A shame the comment section is deactivated though, would love to read some feedbacks there!
                              Why is it deactivated tho?

Comment

Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post
                                Why is it deactivated tho?
                                They got a lot of backlash for their outfits. Yet when a few male contestants stripped a few weeks ago it was fine

Comment

Robin Antin was with them for one of the sit-down press events, that's why there were 6 at timed
                                  And she’s no longer part of the band now?

Comment

They got a lot of backlash for their outfits. Yet when a few male contestants stripped a few weeks ago it was fine
                                    I can't. Is it 1949 again?

Comment

And she’s no longer part of the band now?
                                      I think she manages them. She was only part of the group when it was a cabaret act (but I stand to be corrected)

Comment

I have missed them though. They were the only group giving choreo there for a minute.

Comment

The comments are always disabled for X Factor videos.
                                          I don't know why, but it's not because of this performance or their outfits.

I thought the performance was good, but a bit too much lipsyncing.
                                          Hopefully the other girls get to sing on tour. Curious to see if they announce some other EU dates.
                                          "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

It would be stupid if they tour just in UK
                                            BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                                            YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

Originally posted by Noahh View Post
                                              The comments are always disabled for X Factor videos.
                                              I don't know why, but it's not because of this performance or their outfits.

I thought the performance was good, but a bit too much lipsyncing.
                                              Hopefully the other girls get to sing on tour. Curious to see if they announce some other EU dates.
                                              Didn't knew that

Originally posted by croatiaxtina View Post
                                              It would be stupid if they tour just in UK
                                              They already announced Aus/Nz dates as well

Comment

Judging by the dislikes/likes ratio, I don't think people care that much about their outfits. It's just probably some angry moms who watched it live on TV.

Comment

I can't stop watching the performance.

Apparently the song react is for an EP coming in Jan
                                                  Love you like a love song!

Comment

• Originally posted by dylonj View Post
                                                    I think she manages them. She was only part of the group when it was a cabaret act (but I stand to be corrected)
                                                    Big thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X