Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Preyoncé View Post
    Nicole was never the best live singer in the group
    Wait did I miss something? Who do you think is the best singer in the group then? Please tell me it's not Melody with her all over the place adlibs thinking she's Christina Aguilera while she's more Camila Cabello in reality.
    Urban/R&B Album of the Year_2019 (deadline: Jan 26)

Comment

• Originally posted by abi View Post
      Wait did I miss something? Who do you think is the best singer in the group then? Please tell me it's not Melody with her all over the place adlibs thinking she's Christina Aguilera while she's more Camila Cabello in reality.
      agree with the melody shade. What an ironic name.

Nicole is classically trained. She's a phenomenal singer. Her turn in cats was met with race reviews. She is most definitely the best singer in the group. No disrespect to the other girls. I love their voices individually but come on. There's literally no argument here...
      Love you like a love song!

Comment

• Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
        agree with the melody shade. What an ironic name.
        This performance still gets me sometimes.

2:51 homegirl really appears out of nowhere, doing ad-libs here and there as if "Buttons" was a Gospel song. I agree that Nicole is really a talented vocalist. Many people don't realize this cause she always sings & dances at the same time so that her voice could sound shaky & pitchy sometimes, but when she actually sings sings, she's great even though her tone might be not for everyone.
        Urban/R&B Album of the Year_2019 (deadline: Jan 26)

Comment

This performance still gets me sometimes.

2:51 homegirl really appears out of nowhere, doing ad-libs here and there as if "Buttons" was a Gospel song. I agree that Nicole is really a talented vocalist. Many people don't realize this cause she always sings & dances at the same time so that her voice could sound shaky & pitchy sometimes, but when she actually sings sings, she's great even though her tone might be not for everyone.
          Literally showed my husband thay performance earlier tonight I love that Nicole talks over her yelling and sings louder to drown her out. So petty but so brilliant

Comment

• Both are great vocalists, but Nicole was meant to lead. I remember watching the Dolls perform "Hey Big Spender" in 2003 MTV Asia Awards, I think it was Melody who led them. She was amazing too but she lacked the fierceness of Nicole.

Comment

• I think one of the songs where Melody was most memorable IMO was her ad-libs in I Don't Need A Man.

Found this for Carmit's parts Isolated on PCD which was interesting:

UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

Give Melody some credit. Besides she made Buttons for what it is
                | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• It's not that Melody is a 'bad' singer, but also she doesn't seem to be able to be versatile vocally. You can say about Christina what you want, but someone who can sing Save Me From Myself, Say Something, but also Fighter, Dirrty and use her voice in different ways knows how to use her voice. Nicole the same, even Carmit showed diversty vocally. But Melody basically is pretty monotonous in the way she uses her voice most of the times.

Like this was recently, and it's not that is was bad, but beside At Last, it felt a bit too much of the same. If you get what I mean

Comment

• Their last album had all solos. Melodys was Space. Diabolical to say the least.
                    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• Originally posted by Preyoncé View Post
                      Their last album had all solos. Melodys was Space. Diabolical to say the least.
                      'She and Kim had my least favorite solo's. Jessica's and Ashley's were my favorites.

Comment

• Melody has power, but she lacks control.
                        late.

Comment

• All those Carmit parts I legit thought were Nicole doing her own backing vocals.

Comment

• 8M views!

Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                            All those Carmit parts I legit thought were Nicole doing her own backing vocals.
                            Same for me
                            5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Melody's voice is a nightmare to me. Horrible over riffing, monotonous, no control, pitchy and zero emotion.
                              Terrible, terrible 'singer'.
                              "Is Stalin on your shoulder..."
                              https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeveren-1/jasper-russia
                              "..as he was with his composers?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                                Melody's voice is a nightmare to me. Horrible over riffing, monotonous, no control, pitchy and zero emotion.
                                Terrible, terrible 'singer'.
                                I never noticed it when I was younger but yeah, she has absolutely no control over her voice. And now that I see her live performances I really understand why Nicole didn't like her

Comment

• Originally posted by urbanmusik View Post
                                  Melody has power, but she lacks control.
                                  Bang on with this assessment. Definitely potential there but she has far too much vibrato and no control.

Comment

• Originally posted by IVyoncé View Post
                                    'She and Kim had my least favorite solo's. Jessica's and Ashley's were my favorites.
                                    Yes Played was cute!
                                    Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

• Melody can sing but she has no control over her vocals.
                                      Don't Worry, Cause You're Really Not That Hard to Replace.

Comment

• Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post
                                        I never noticed it when I was younger but yeah, she has absolutely no control over her voice. And now that I see her live performances I really understand why Nicole didn't like her
                                        I didn't notice it much either when I was younger, but now when you go back.......YIKES! She has a voice/power but extremely pitchy at least 90% of the time, no control, over singing etc. It's worse because she actually doesn't realise...& I think she thinks she's better than she actually is. It's a shame cause there is definitely a voice in there, which could've been improved a lot with singing lessons.

Edit: just watched that live soul melody she did. Definitely improved from when I last heard her live so that's something.
                                        Last edited by MusicJunk90; Fri December 6th, 2019, 00:01.

Comment

• Why isn't this on Spotify?
                                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                            Why isn't this on Spotify?
                                            It's not out yet sadly

Comment

• Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
                                              It's not out yet sadly
                                              They've performed it and not released it afterwards?
                                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                                They've performed it and not released it afterwards?
                                                Yup lol

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

8M views!

Same for me
                                                  9.1m views now! Watched it again! I wasn’t even expecting a reunion let alone a live performance. Such memories. The nostalgia. We deserve this. The performance was very good. We can critique but it’s not like they’ve been together for the whole 14 years.

Comment

• They need to announce something soon again (new album or EP), or perform somewhere again or release a song cos the hype will be dying soon.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X