No announcement yet.

Billie Eilish - No Time To Die

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a surprisingly classical Bond theme. I expected her to infuse some of her "style" a bit more. Good theme song though. Should look/sound good with the title sequence.
    I have received many gifts from God,
    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Zzzz. Selecting Billie for a Bond theme was a choice.
      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by aRat View Post

I am starting to think that she simply doesn't have the range for any other vocal style
        Haven't you see the Oscar performance?
        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Boring. Like every one of her songs except for Bad Guy

Comment

My complaint is it’s too similar melodically to Skyfall and The Writing’s On The Wall. Perhaps a different vocal could’ve elevated it.

Comment

!!!

glad that my fave releases bangers and not coma inducing stuff like this
              some people still have trouble sleeping, so Billie stll has a market
              Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

I do have trouble sleeping so maybe that's why I really dig this.
                I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

I like this! Best Song @ the 2021 Oscars for sure!

Comment

The "you'll never see me cry" part reminds me of this excellecne:

COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

Comment

I am starting to think that she simply doesn't have the range for any other vocal style
                      I'm almost certain of it but she is very young and her voice has potential to develop, I think she should play around with dynamics and vocal tone more.
                      "Lift up your head
                      Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

Originally posted by jason2379 View Post
                        Boring. Like every one of her songs except for Bad Guy

Can't argue with that
                        1 pnau |2 Gabrielle Aplin |3 Dotter|4 Sofi Tukker |5 Afrojack

Comment

Billie Eilish's 'problem' is the same as e.g. the Weeknd's or Ariana Grande's. Too much artistic freedom and they release the fluffy type of material that's just 'there' and gets completely forgotten the moment the next track starts. The funny thing about it is that the respective artists think that those filler tracks (e.g. the Weeknd's 'Trilogy' or some of Grande's album tracks on 'Sweetener') are soooo deep and personal when in fact, most people just want to hear a catchy tune or a GOOD ballad (e.g. 'Starboy', 'No Tears Left to Cry', "Bad Guy'). And although those are the songs that made them become the famous artists they are, they usually consider them inferior . So yeah, sometimes they need a good producer by their side to prevent them from releasing pretentious mess.
                          Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                          and everything you stand for?
                          Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                          just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

Originally posted by Hejira View Post

I'm almost certain of it but she is very young and her voice has potential to develop, I think she should play around with dynamics and vocal tone more.
                            I think this might be the key to a long career for her. I don't think we have seen everything she is capable of vocally.

Comment

Can't stand the song, many bad Bond songs in a row now.
                              I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

I never see people talking about this one, I suppose because the actual movie sucked balls? But this is a GREAT Bond song with a great vocal. So underrated!

"Lift up your head
                                Lift up your heart..."

Comment

I love it tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeP View Post
                                    i loved Skyfall so whether Billie betters this is left to be seen.
                                    Just gave this a listen and it's so similar to Skyfall but with the Billie Eilish twist. Gorgeous song, the production has been done to perfection with the Bond strings and brass. It really enhances and gives a richness to the track. <3

Comment

I'm surprised to read so many negative thoughts on this as I checked it out on midnight when it just came out and today a few times as well, and I always loved it from start to finish. It's so beautiful and she never sounded this good to me. "Everything I Wanted" never clicked with me but this is something that immediately caught my attention.

Hope it does well for her!

Comment

This sounds like 10 Lana Del Rey songs mixed together.

Comment

Originally posted by frozone View Post
                                          Best BOND theme is This World is Not Enough by The Garbage.
                                          yup
                                          yup
                                          yup

The only Bond theme song I play on a regular basis. It’s so good, ugh!

Comment

This one is great too.

"Lift up your head
                                            Lift up your heart..."

Comment

Nothing beats Goldfinger though!
                                              You drew stars around my scars

Comment

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Isnt Bad Guy her first number 1?

Comment

Originally posted by GonPop View Post
                                                    Isnt Bad Guy her first number 1?
                                                    Not in the UK.
                                                    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

This is excellent.
                                                      Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

This sounds cute after a few listens but still not much is going on. Meh her stuff always feels underproduced.
                                                        COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

Comment

This sounds cute after a few listens but still not much is going on. Meh her stuff always feels underproduced.
                                                          I actually love Billie's minimalist approach with her ballads. They certainly draw me into the song more and i find her almost crying vocal delivery really endearing.

Comment

5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

^ She did good! The audience was a bit annoying though
                                                              You drew stars around my scars

Comment

Working...
                                                              X