Bobby Womack - If You Think You’re Lonely Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobby Womack - If You Think You’re Lonely Now

This 1982 chocolate classik was sampled on GOAT as one of the songs heard by Kween while dial flipping between one black oldies station to another.

I can't sleep at night, when you are on my mind
    Bobby Womack's on the radio
    Singing to me, "If you think you're lonely now"

Wait a minute, this is too deep (Too deep)
    I gotta change the station

Back in 2005, I don’t think anyone outside of Kween’s age bracket (35+ ) had the slightest idea as to what the hell she was talking about, much like how she couldn’t figure out where the hell she went wrong. But thanks to its inclusion on GOAT, the song’s legacy has far exceeded its initial #3 Hot Black Singles peak. Kween was sprinkling some black history while making some of her own at the same time.

Oh, here’s the song - amazing, sultry and classy chocolate R&B as you would expect:
    Originally posted by beredy
    When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

I honestly had no knowledge of this song or Bobby Womack until GOAT happened...The beauty of black music is it's never too late to discover or rediscover it.Music that's created to last forever

Comment

Mariah introduced me to Bobby Womack (and Prince through TBO).

WBT is song and a history lesson in one

Comment

I remember checking this song out for the first time after GOAT.
        I was driving home from the gym, and I remember doing a couple of circles around my house cuz dis is a mf JAM!

Comment

Working...
        X