Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABBA - Dancing Queen

40 years of Dancing Queen.

40 years ago this week ABBA's "Dancing Queen" topped the UK Singles chart (the first of 6 weeks total).

The single, released on August 16th 1976 (same day Madonna turned 18 and was no longer 17... Coincidence?) went to become of the greatest pop songs of all time and also one of the best selling singles selling over 10 million singles at the time (maybe over aprox. 15 million now since digital downloads and streaming makes music on demand and easily accessible).

The song topped the charts in over 20 countries including Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, Portugal, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Netherlands, West Germany, Mexico, Norway, South Africa, Soviet Union, Sweden and USA (their only US #1).

Now go out, dance to beat of the tambourine, be 17, watch that scene and dig the Dancing Queen.

::Music Video::

[youtube:3rogvpm8]xFrGuyw1V8s[/youtube:3rogvpm8]
    B**** come here! B**** come here! B**** come here!

Im staying right here.

:EMO::

[youtube:29dd8xph]z8cCBbKMrIM[/youtube:29dd8xph]

Im staying right here.

Comment

::Live In Australia 1977::

https://tune.pk/video/2812548/abba-d...alia-821777-hd

Im staying right here.

Comment

About as flawless as pop music gets
        My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

I don't really like this... When I decide to get some Anna in my life it's not this song... I'd rather have Super Trouper or Gimme Gimme Gimme...
          It's just overplayed and imo also overrated

Comment

All time classic song.
            Without Any Meaning / We're Just Skin & Bone / Like Beautiful Robots Dancing Alone.

Comment

Somehow I can't listen to this anymore
              I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

I like all their songs.

But I do think this one is one of their best.

Im staying right here.

Comment

ABBA -Dancing Queen Were Awesome. I Still Listen To Them, I Missed That Time

Comment

Today in 1976 they performed Dancing Queen at the Royal Swedish Opera

Comment

10 Million, (in the 1970's), is too many for 'Dancing Queen'. Even ABBA themselves gave it
                      no more than 6 Million Sales, to the end of that Decade.

Wikipedia does not include it in its List of the World's Best Selling Singles. This is because,
                      an ABBA Book only gave it 3 Million Sales to the end of 1976, and that is all Wikipedia give
                      it. It was actually still in many Charts at the end of 1976, and it had yet to sell well over
                      1,500,000 in the USA + Canada, where it went to No.1 in 1977...

Wikipedia only counts 2 ABBA Singles as being in the World's Best Sellers - 'Waterloo' - 5.5 Million,
                      and 'Fernando' - 10 Million. However, 10 Million is too many for 'Fernando'. It too had sold about
                      6 Million by the end of the 1970's. However, 'Dancing Queen' went on to sell far more as the Decades
                      went by...

Zeus555

Comment

Very unpopular opinion, but I prefer B-side ("That's Me") over "Dancing Queen".
                        My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).
                        In my head I like to imagine LastDreamer in the land of Lithuania right now with a suitcase of simcards, a box of chocolates and a wedding ring. It would be a great base for an epic Eurovision fan fiction.

Comment

Originally posted by LastDreamer View Post
                          Very unpopular opinion, but I prefer B-side ("That's Me") over "Dancing Queen".
                          same here. I can't really find myself singing to DQ but I do feel more of an attachment to That's Me -bar these lines : But I'm not a man's toy, I'll never be, I'm Carrie not-the-kind-of-girl-you'd-marry -lol I still attempt singing it though

Comment

Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post
                            same here. I can't really find myself singing to DQ but I do feel more of an attachment to That's Me -bar these lines : But I'm not a man's toy, I'll never be, I'm Carrie not-the-kind-of-girl-you'd-marry -lol I still attempt singing it though
                            oh really that would be really fun! XD regards.

Comment

For some reason, [MENTION=25208]Benny[/MENTION] hasn’t posted here yet.

Dancing Ghey
                              Originally posted by beredy
                              When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

Thank you for great details.

You can also visit our website for new science projects. How To Make Hydraulic Lift

Comment

And no small thanks to Prime Minister Theresa May who wowed the conference by strutting her funky stuff to the backing of Dancing Queen as a gesture of good humour and entertainment.

She could get loads of corporate entertainment gigs doing similar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R40hQbfc93M

Comment

Working...
                                  X