Yvonne Elliman - If I Can't Have You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yvonne Elliman - If I Can't Have You

#4 in the UK. #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1978 - a great year for music!!

[youtube:1llnivic]CZVUzho-nok[/youtube:1llnivic]

More info:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/If_I_Can%27t_Have_You

Re: Yvonne Elliman "If I Can't Have You"

Best song on the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack. Love the drama of the intro.
    THRILLER’S SOUNDS OF THE 90s

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller
      Best song on the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack. Love the drama of the intro.
      Probably my second favourite after "Far From Over" but still a fantastic song, so many good ones on that soundtrack.

Comment

One of many fantastic songs written by my second favourite group of all time.

Kim Wilde's cover version is also good though not as strong as the original.

[youtube:23myzrjq]h-qGju3YrtI[/youtube:23myzrjq]
        My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Comment

Originally posted by Benny
          One of many fantastic songs written by my second favourite group of all time.
          Trivia
          The Bee Gees invited ABBA to record "If I Can't Have You" for the SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER album, but ABBA declined since they never recorded songs by outside writers.
          Maybe a bad move
          SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER turned out to be the biggest selling album of 1978 and "If I Cant Have You" as recorded by Yvonne Elliman went to #1 in the United States.

Comment

Originally posted by navi
            Trivia
            The Bee Gees invited ABBA to record "If I Can't Have You" for the SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER album, but ABBA declined since they never recorded songs by outside writers.
            That would have been fantastic, ABBA singing a Bee Gees song! I don't know if this story is really true though. There are sources who say that the Bee Gees met ABBA in Miami in early 1979 and invited them to record the song for the SNT album. This is, of course, not possible, as Saturday Night Fever was released in late 1977,
            My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Comment

I like the original but this is my favorite

[youtube:fsuamdmd]Yi3TdQSeGPs[/youtube:fsuamdmd]
              | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

I can't be the only one here who has mentally sung this to their crush, eh?
                My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcr4ZT ... 8X1VrJlr0g

Comment

Re: Yvonne Elliman "If I Can't Have You"

This song gets stuck in my head allllll the time.
                  Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

Abba may have declined to record If I Can't Have You, but If It Wasn't For The Nights was a pretty close copy....

Comment

Working...
                    X