Donna Summer - Hot Stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donna Summer - Hot Stuff

"Hot Stuff" is a well known hit single released by American disco singer Donna Summer in 1979 as the first single release from her Bad Girls album through Casablanca Records. Up to that point, Summer had mainly been associated with disco songs but this song also showed significant rock influences including the guitar, which had never been used in a Donna Summer single before. In fact the very intricate solo was played by Ex Doobie Brother and Steely Dan guitarist Jeff "Skunk" Baxter. It was certified Platinum by the RIAA and remained at number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart for three non-consecutive weeks. "Hot Stuff" would also win Summer the Grammy Award for Best Female Rock Vocal Performance, making her the first African-American artist to achieve that feat. It is ranked #103 on the Rolling Stone magazine's list of "the 500 Greatest Songs of All Time".
    The songs also lists at #67 on Billboard's Greatest Songs of all time.[1]
    The song also topped the U.S. Hot Dance Club Play chart, with Summer's follow-up "Bad Girls" as a double A-side. The popular 12" single edition of the song plays the full 6:47 version of the song and then segues into "Bad Girls" 4:55 version.
    This song was covered by artists such as THe Pussycat Dolls and Elize. I love this song. Makes me want to dance and get naughty!
    Big.Big.Booty.

Great song.

Another ultimate disco classic, and one of my top 5 Donna Summer tunes ever.
    Freaky Fly Bry's Top 100

M4B Charts Central

Comment

Without any doubt my favourite song of her !

Comment

somewhat overplayed, but it is one of the great disco tracks that had a hint of rock added into it.... you could see someone like Pat Benatar or Ann Wilson singing this song with the disco sound stripped out.
        My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

One of my all-time favorite songs!

Comment

This is my ringtone.
            The alternative to the real world.

Comment

I found an awesome remix !

Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

My fave Donna Summer song!

Comment

Classic
                  P=MC2's Top 20
                  Originally posted by Merci
                  Poszilicious, pussy served delicious!

Comment

This is definitely my fave Donna Summer song. I also love Allison Iraheta's performance of it on American Idol. She was so good!
                    Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [2-1!]

Comment

Great Beat on this song!
                      One of my faves along with She works hard For the Money!
                      sad about her passing

Comment

Originally posted by thebigham
                        My fave Donna Summer song!
                        x2!

Comment

67 UK iTunes.
                          Don't bother updating your signature if it's a link. It takes you to completely random pages!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PosziMC2
                            Classic
                            +1

Comment

Camp classic it is.
                              My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

Comment

It surely ranks amongst my top favorite disco songs ever. I want some fuking hot stuff baby tonight!

Comment

This is the song that introduced me to Donna Summer, I ADORE it!
                                  "This time I'm gonna get it right. I'm gonna paint my face like the Guggenheim!"

Comment

111 UK.
                                    Don't bother updating your signature if it's a link. It takes you to completely random pages!!!!

Comment

The way this song has aged like fine wine.
                                      Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [2-1!]

Comment

Great rock/disco crossover. Sadly there was nothing else like it on the Bad Girls album....

Comment

Working...
                                        X