• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tina Turner - The Best

http://www.tina-turner.nl/

This is now getting very silly indeed.

Currently #33 iTunes.
    Don't bother updating your signature if it's a link. It takes you to completely random pages!!!!

Re: Tina Turner - The Best (Facebook #1 campaign)

Originally posted by Blondini

Currently #33 iTunes.
    Whoever runs that site isn't very on the ball - "the first in the top again"? Pardon?

Anyway this has already been a substantial hit, everyone knows the song even if they're not a Tina Turner fan & it's not like she's died or anything so in my eyes it doesn't deserve another push for #1.
    I sing for the things money can't buy me.

Comment

Poor Tina. She never did get a UK #1 did she?
      Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

Originally posted by menime123
        That's it. Every huge star who was "robbed" of a #1 is now gonna have a campaign for them. It's every week now! It's getting too much. And i can't have this robbing Diana of her rightful place at the top.
        Don't bother updating your signature if it's a link. It takes you to completely random pages!!!!

Comment

What why?!

Awesome song but this needs to stop.

#20 now

Comment

Oh shit a brick this is on the UK chart!

I just saw the website n assumed this was some other country. Great idea because she is deserving, and if it's what the public want to buy so be it. I don't see this going to number 1 at all but I have to admit I'm impressed that a random fanpaign is working! The Xmas number one aside is this going to be the biggest random iTunes manipulation yet? The only other I can think of being successful is MJ but he died...

#17 now!

I don't own it. Tempted to buy it actually

#FreeBritney

Comment

That's it. Every huge star who was "robbed" of a #1 is now gonna have a campaign for them. It's every week now! It's getting too much. And i can't have this robbing Diana of her rightful place at the top.
              well if that's the case I'm all for a Victoria Beckham fanpaign

#FreeBritney

Comment

Aim of this group is to get all Glasgow Rangers fans to buy/download Tina Turners Simply the Best, after what has been a hard couple of months for the Gers financially think this would be a great way to celebrate.

I would also like to help get this song in the charts in support of the British Armed Forces who have backed this song and feel it reflects the courage shown by those fighting and those who have fallen, this group has been spread thoughout the forces groups and has been said its a great way to show support.

There always has to be some sort of sentimental reason!

Comment

If it is will the sales go to charity???
                  RIP The Queen Of Disco

Comment

Doubt it, would be up to Tina/her peeps!

Comment

I wish they'd stop calling it Simply The Best. It's just The Best (though a live version by Tina actually carries the longer title).

Comment

UK #22

Originally posted by Music Week
                        while the next new entry down is the first of what is expected to be a number of tracks entering the chart on the back of ITVís Britainís Got Talent series.

The talent show, which began its new run last Saturday, featured in its first outing a Tina Turner impressionist and as a result the veteran singerís Capitol/EMI hit The Best is set to return to the Top 40 this Sunday. It is currently ranked 22nd for the week

Comment

Was there a Tina Turner impressionist on BGT? Must've missed that one... Music Week have completely missed the point anyway!

Comment

I wish they'd stop calling it Simply The Best. It's just The Best (though a live version by Tina actually carries the longer title).
                            I know, it's one of my pet hates in music cos 99% of the time people refer to it as "Simply The Best".

Comment

Oh shit a brick this is on the UK chart!

I just saw the website n assumed this was some other country. Great idea because she is deserving, and if it's what the public want to buy so be it. I don't see this going to number 1 at all but I have to admit I'm impressed that a random fanpaign is working! The Xmas number one aside is this going to be the biggest random iTunes manipulation yet? The only other I can think of being successful is MJ but he died...

#17 now!

I don't own it. Tempted to buy it actually
                              Em no, Facebook took Delirious?' 'History Makers' to #4 a few weeks back... it dissapeared from the Top 40 the next week
                              jio CHARTS NOW: 21/9/2020: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...3#post10468623

Comment

#12 on iTunes!
                                WOW well this is a surprise. I would like to see a ban on old songs re-entering the charts though personally.

Comment

^ Unlikely to happen. Imagine the outrage had Michael Jackson not been allowed to chart last year, for instance.

Comment

I guess so, but at the same time couldn't an Official Retro Chart or something be set up? (I don't know if there is one already?!)
                                    I mean if this going to be a common occurance where old songs are going to have campaigns to get them to the top - it is going to become annoying.
                                    I just don't want to return to that year where there was a new Elvis Presley "re-release" every week.

Comment

Originally posted by UKMusicLova
                                      I guess so, but at the same time couldn't an Official Retro Chart or something be set up? (I don't know if there is one already?!)
                                      Yes, there's an official catalogue singles chart! And it seems certain that The Best is a shoo-in for Number One on that particular chart. It's carried in Music Week but with a delay of a week. The currently-displayed Top 10 is as follows:

01. (02) Don't Stop Believin' - Journey
                                      02. (05) Set Fire To The Third Bar - Snow Patrol & Martha Wainwright
                                      03. (--) Half Man Half Biscuit - Joy Division Oven Gloves
                                      04. (01) History Makers - Delirious?
                                      05. (04) Got To Be Real - Cheryl Lynn
                                      06. (06) I'm Yours - Jason Mraz
                                      07. (17) Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol
                                      08. (--) Vienna - Ultravox
                                      09. (14) Mr. Brightside - The Killers
                                      10. (10) She's So Lovely - Scouting For Girls

I initially was against the inclusion of catalogue tracks when downloads were admitted to the main chart - but I've since come around to the viewpoint that finally having a chart with absolutely no exclusion rules is the best sort of chart to have.

Whether I think all these Facebook-driven campaigns is a good thing is an entirely different thing, though...

Comment

I still support the chart rules that any song should chart based on its sales, it makes sense to mirror exactly how the public are spending. Campaigns are a pain in the ass, luckily not many of them are successful but it's still manipulation.

The OCC website has been revamped lately and they've published the Top 40 Catalogue Chart - http://www.theofficialcharts.com/cat...singles-chart/

What's the criteria, does a song have to be more than so many years old? I don't get why Delirious? are there though, thought that was a new one?

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller
                                          The OCC website has been revamped lately and they've published the Top 40 Catalogue Chart - http://www.theofficialcharts.com/cat...singles-chart/
                                          Well spotted, I hadn't noticed it was now included after the revamp of the OCC website! And to the best of my knowledge, it's never previously been published to a depth of 40 places anywhere else, either.

Originally posted by Thriller
                                          What's the criteria, does a song have to be more than so many years old? I don't get why Delirious? are there though, thought that was a new one?
                                          From the OCC website:

Originally posted by [url=http://www.theofficialcharts.com/chart-descriptions/
                                          The OCC[/url]]Catalogue Singles Chart
                                          The Chart is compiled weekly from sales of tracks originally released over two years ago

Catalogue Albums Chart
                                          The Chart is compiled weekly from sales of artist albums originally released over two years ago
                                          According to its Wikipedia Page, "History Makers" was originally recorded/released in 1997. The OCC's policy of including all downloaded versions of a track into a single chart position presumably explains why, even though only released as a "single" in 2010, it counts as a 1997 release and therefore is eligible for the Catalogue Singles chart.

Comment

Originally posted by Music Week
                                            while the next new entry down is the first of what is expected to be a number of tracks entering the chart on the back of ITVís Britainís Got Talent series.

The talent show, which began its new run last Saturday, featured in its first outing a Tina Turner impressionist and as a result the veteran singerís Capitol/EMI hit The Best is set to return to the Top 40 this Sunday. It is currently ranked 22nd for the week
                                            I thought "The Best" seemed to be doing remarkably well, if this was the only explanation - it's likely to be revealed to be number 13 (and probably even played!) by Greg James on the Official Chart Update on Radio One, this afternoon at 3.30pm. Perhaps he will refer to the further campaign that may be at least equally as responsible?

Originally posted by UKMusicLova
                                            WOW well this is a surprise. I would like to see a ban on old songs re-entering the charts though personally.
                                            Originally posted by irishguy28
                                            ^ Unlikely to happen. Imagine the outrage had Michael Jackson not been allowed to chart last year, for instance.

I initially was against the inclusion of catalogue tracks when downloads were admitted to the main chart - but I've since come around to the viewpoint that finally having a chart with absolutely no exclusion rules is the best sort of chart to have.
                                            Most of Western Europe seems to be coming around to that approach, if they weren't there already. Only Belgium still has a strict rule of excluding all back-catalogue singles from the current chart - they have a entirely separate back-catalogue top thirty. So even when Michael Jackson died, none of his singles returned to the official Ultratop 50 - but he occupied almost all of the back-catalogue chart in Flanders:

http://www.ultratop.be/en/weekchart.asp ... 11&lang=nl
                                            As can be seen, only three tracks in this chart - "Wonderwall" by Oasis, and two tracks by a Belgian singer who committed suicide on the same day - didn't feature Michael Jackson!

Meanwhile, in Wallonia, he had all of the top thirty back-catalogue songs:

http://www.ultratop.be/en/weekchart.asp ... 11&lang=fr

However, things are getting even sillier over in Germany at the moment...

http://www.ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.p ... start=1050

Counting down this week - the UKMixParade Top 200 of 2019

Comment

Poor Yasmine.

Comment

Up to #6 now, I thought it would've lost steam by now but it keeps climbing! Not sure it'll beat its #5 peak, should be Top 10 but will probably tumble straight out of the Top 40 again next week.

Comment

This only show how terrible the music is nowadays.... :-? People want to see oldies in the charts instead of plastic music market products.
                                                  KUBA'S CHART

Comment

Working...
                                                  X