David Bowie - Heroes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Bowie - Heroes

The true classic, single version, one of his most acclaimed and covered songs of all time.

Fantastic production, the full version is worth hearing, too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3SjCzA71eM

iTunes:

228, 382, 556
    Don't bother updating your signature if it's a link. It takes you to completely random pages!!!!

Great song

Oasis' cover is amazing Best cover of it
    Too Much Music
    Too Much Music @Facebook
    Too Much Music @Twitter
    Scotland Social League

Comment

Re-entered at 197. :-?
      Don't bother updating your signature if it's a link. It takes you to completely random pages!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blondini
        Re-entered at 197. :-?
        Deserves to be higher :(
        Too Much Music
        Too Much Music @Facebook
        Too Much Music @Twitter
        Scotland Social League

Comment

I always considered the complete version the only one worth listening to. I always hated that the single version starts with the third verse, it's a song that is flawless for all six minutes.
          My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

The album was released 35 ysars ago today according to his Facebook page

The whole album is good although not quite being as earth shattering as Station To Station and Low, and the fact Bowie had such a sheer volume of masterpiece albums in the 1970s it can get lost in the shuffle.
            My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

Yet to get in to this one.
              My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

Comment

Everytime I hear this song I get nostalgic , it reminds me of a person who is not here anymore .

Comment

Greatest song ever! by THE GREATEST ARTIST of all time!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NothingFails
                    The album was released 35 ysars ago today according to his Facebook page

The whole album is good although not quite being as earth shattering as Station To Station and Low, and the fact Bowie had such a sheer volume of masterpiece albums in the 1970s it can get lost in the shuffle.
                    It's much better than Station. It's not far off Low. As far as i can tell this album is not lost in the shuffle as far as critical acclaim goes. The "Berlin trio" - Low, Heroes and Lodger - are always talked up by critics in retro features. Station is more likely to get lost than "Heroes".

Comment

It's a classic and often tops polls of Bowie's best songs - yet it only reached 24 in the charts (though it made 13 in NME and 18 in Melody Maker). I always suspected this relative failure owed something to The Stranglers, who were high in the charts with the anthemic No More Heroes when Bowie's single was released....

Comment

Working...
                      X