Air Supply - Making Love Out Of Nothing At All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Supply - Making Love Out Of Nothing At All

"Making Love Out of Nothing At All" is a power ballad written and composed by Jim Steinman and first released by Australian rock band Air Supply for their 1983 compilation album Greatest Hits. It reached #2 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100.
    The song has been covered by many other artists, with the most successful cover being by singer Bonnie Tyler.

This song just came in on the radio yesterday, and I've heard it several times before, but just now I wanted to download it... Man, his voice is probably one of the best male performances of all time, his voice is so strong... and the lyrics, the instruments and arrangements... great song One of the best oldies

@ Bonnie Tyler covering this, as this was blocked from #1 in the US by her own Jim Steinman production, "Total Eclipse Of The Heart"!

Great song here... one of Air Supply's finest moments. One of those songs that just never gets old.
    Freaky Fly Bry's Top 100

M4B Charts Central

Comment

The video is pure camp.

Musically its probably Air Supply's finest moment as well as their last really big hit stateside.
      My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...6FORM%3DHDRSC3

This is a great demo version sung by Rory Dodd (most famous for the "turn around Bright Eyes" bits on Bonnie Tyler's Total Eclipse of the Heart).

Comment

I always thought the other guy was Dudley Moore
          Last edited by AndiIversen; Wed February 12, 2020, 04:34.

Comment

The definition of epic! I absolutely love it.

My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Comment

One of my all time favorite songs ever. Air Supply did it best. Love it.
              My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Carrie Underwood introduced this to me through her S4 American Idol performance, but the original version is unmatched!
                Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [2-1!]

Comment

It is definitely an all-time classic, the vocals are incredible - only a few male singers can sing that high with such power.

I can think of Meatloaf and John Farnham who have similar styles.

Comment

I was often wondering how come Air Supply weren't successful at all in the UK
                    They had some great and well produced ballads, I just don't understand how they became a One Hit Wonder in the UK.
                    You Love The 90's Dance Era?
                    http://www.1.fm/station/partyzone90s

Comment

Originally posted by Ohanna View Post
                      I was often wondering how come Air Supply weren't successful at all in the UK
                      They had some great and well produced ballads, I just don't understand how they became a One Hit Wonder in the UK.
                      Same goes for the Netherlands. Only All Out Of Love was a hit here. Thankful I didn't live here in the early 80s or I might have missed some of their best songs.
                      My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Working...
                      X