Nilsson - Nilsson Schmilsson (1971)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilsson - Nilsson Schmilsson (1971)

I just love this Harry Nilsson album! All of his albums are great!!

Released: 1971
    Singles:
    o Coconut
    o Jump Into The Fire
    o Without You

My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

This is one absolutely brilliant album, I have to echo you on that one!

The singles are the highlights - particularly "Without You" and "Coconut"!

Comment

Originally posted by matthew_dixon
      This is one absolutely brilliant album, I have to echo you on that one!

The singles are the highlights - particularly "Without You" and "Coconut"!

Coconut is so good!! It's interesting to think his only known/most famous for Without You! :-? His brilliant, he is really eclectic and talented, have you heard his other albums Matthew? Really fun and fresh pop music I really am becoming a massive fan!

other faves from this album:

o Early In The Morning
      o The Moonbeam Song
      o Down
      o Driving Along
      o Gotta Get Up

The whole thing basically.

Comment

Just mastered a video of Without You
        As there doesn't appear to be any footage of him singing it, (let me know if you have found some), I had to use one of those picture ones you get on youtube. Then I put over the top of it Pan's People from TOTP so they look like ghosts!
        Turned the two slightly boring videos into a good one
        Education for anyone aged 12 to 16 has made a mess of the world!

Comment

^ Ooooh let me see your vid, I'll look for some footage! Do you have any thoughts on the album by the way?

Comment

Originally posted by crazycrazy
            ^ Ooooh let me see your vid, I'll look for some footage! Do you have any thoughts on the album by the way?
            Slight problem on getting the video to anyone as the MPEG is 113MB and I did a conversion to FLV (used by Youtube) still 87MB!
            Yahoo mail only allows 25MB files, so unless you can suggest a way! We are stuck :-?

Haven't got the album, not really an album man.

Comment

Originally posted by Graham76man
              Originally posted by crazycrazy
              Slight problem on getting the video to anyone as the MPEG is 113MB and I did a conversion to FLV (used by Youtube) still 87MB!
              Yahoo mail only allows 25MB files, so unless you can suggest a way! We are stuck :-?

Haven't got the album, not really an album man.
              Ah that's a shame! Well it's also a shame you are not an album man, I definitely am, I always seem to go head first into an artists albums first off!

She put the lime in the coconut, drink 'em both up!!

Comment

I've cracked it on how you can see the video

Shows you how much I know about blogging, but the Real Chart blog has the ability to put videos on it

So the full 87MB took nearly half-hour to upload then crashed whilst doing so, so I knocked it down, to just under 20MB, not as good but OK to watch.
                http://therealchart.blogspot.co.uk/p...0-to-1990.html

You will have to go down the page a bit to find it. Don't know why the gap appeared. But hey it's up there!
                Digitaly remastered in stereo!
                The first of many.....

Comment

Originally posted by Graham76man
                  I've cracked it on how you can see the video

Shows you how much I know about blogging, but the Real Chart blog has the ability to put videos on it

So the full 87MB took nearly half-hour to upload then crashed whilst doing so, so I knocked it down, to just under 20MB, not as good but OK to watch.
                  http://therealchart.blogspot.co.uk/p...0-to-1990.html

You will have to go down the page a bit to find it. Don't know why the gap appeared. But hey it's up there!
                  Digitaly remastered in stereo!
                  The first of many.....
                  Wow sorry Graham missed this somehow!? Loooved the video, really suits the song, is that Pans People in the video? Really pretty shots throughout bravo!!

Comment

Yes it's Pan's People The video is the one I said I had done but couldn't find a way to send it to you.

On the blog. If you go back earlier to 1969, you will see the even more complex one that I did for Rolf Harris. That uses a lot more bits of film, pictures and took many more hours to do. There is no film of Rolf singing the 1969 version of the song so I think it's quite special
                    I am really pleased with the result

Comment

Working...
                    X