America - Ventura Highway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• America - Ventura Highway

Such a beautiful song! I (re)discovered it a while ago while watching an episode of "Veronica Mars". Can't believe it's almost 40 years old!

America had a couple of fantastic songs, I also love "You Can Do Magic", "Tin Man", "Lonely People", "Sister Golden Hair" and of course "A Horse With No Name". The title song to the movie "The Last Unicorn" is another masterpiece.

My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Such a beautiful song! I really love it. I only discovered "Ventura Highway" when my father recognized it being looped as a sample in Janet Jackson's "Someone to Call My Lover".

Comment

Good song Just shows how classic this is when Janet Jackson used a sample from it and made it a hit all over again
      Freaky Fly Bry's Top 100

M4B Charts Central

Comment

I listened to a few America songs this week as well incidentally! I have their GH collection, they wrote beautiful songs!

Ironically I discovered them when they released one of their flops (albeit one of their best songs IMO), Young Moon, in 1994.

And yes, Ventura Highway is a great song!

Comment

Grybop, "Young Moon" is nice
          Funny that you listened to them as well this week

I discovered America as a kid when I saw the movie "The Last Unicorn" - the title song was quite popular in Germany. The next America song I came across was "Sister Golden Hair", not the original version but a dance version released in 1994. It was quite successful in Europe, reaching number one in Spain (I can't believe I liked it back then, if I listen to it today it sounds really bad :-? ).
          At that time I always thought that the original "Sister Golden Hair" was by the Beatles .
          My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Comment

Great song, they had many.

Comment

America had some great songs. Sadly Dan Peek (the one who looked like Ashton Kutcher in the first pic) passed away last year.

I think Janet was a closet America fan, not only did Someone To Call My Lover sample Ventura Highway, but Let's Wait Awhile heavily borrowed from Daisy Jane.
              My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

Originally posted by NothingFails
                I think Janet was a closet America fan, not only did Someone To Call My Lover sample Ventura Highway, but Let's Wait Awhile heavily borrowed from Daisy Jane.
                Never thought of that, they do sound similar indeed!

Comment

I love this!

[youtube:4imbmtag]uRhWXolnrkg[/youtube:4imbmtag]

Comment

".....I've been hit by purple rain"

Was Prince a fan?

Comment

Working...
                    X