Simon & Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simon & Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water

Remastered this the other day. Just uploaded to YouTube!
    Full stereo video of the song with them singing it!
    Deleted Video
    SORRY EVERYONE
    Sony Music Entertainment blocked the video worldwide so nobody can see it. :evil:
    As this was shortly after Paul Simon brought out his collection of songs on an album, I suspect SME didn't want anyone not buying the album because of my video.
    It's not simply because that SME noticed the video for the first time. Since YouTube detects the copyright of any material as soon as you upload the song or video.
    It was blocked in Germany, but actually that's not Sony's fault. Video's are blocked in Germany due to the German copyright agency wanting a higher fee than the rest of the World. As YouTube won't pay this extra fee, the videos become blocked in Germany. There is a way around this block for anyone in Germany, but not if it has a blanket ban on the video. Just search the web for YouTube unblocker.
    Education for anyone aged 12 to 16 has made a mess of the world!

Great song, timeless. The whole album is great, just like everything else S&G put out.
    My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

..and it is already blocked in Germany.
      last.fm
      Chun's monthly most listened

Comment

Originally posted by NothingFails
        Great song, timeless. The whole album is great, just like everything else S&G put out.
        Agreed

Comment

One of the best songs ever recorded. The last minute of the song (when they repeat the chorus a last time) is beyond epic.
          My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Comment

Benny, I just listened to this last chorus, it is truly amazing.
            last.fm
            Chun's monthly most listened

Comment

Good to see people appreciate them. Shame you all didn't join in on my little game. :x
              My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

Comment

Yawn.
                Luc

I have hatred towards the entire world,
                and you are no exception

Comment

Originally posted by Vindrag
                  Yawn.

It is quite over exposed. Have you heard their album "Bookends", it has great tracks!

Comment

One of the greatest songs of all-time! I get so engrossed once the bridge starts, and the last minute is just amazing.

I LOVE Simon and Garfunkel!

Comment

Originally posted by crazycrazy
                      Originally posted by Vindrag
                      Yawn.

It is quite over exposed. Have you heard their album "Bookends", it has great tracks!
                      I was only joking with the yawn. I love this track. And that album is not dusty, I sure can tell you!
                      Luc

I have hatred towards the entire world,
                      and you are no exception

Comment

It's one of my favourite songs. Never get bored of it.

Comment

timeless classic and one of the best songs of all times. S&G have many brilliant songs actually.
                          My Chart

Comment

The vocals and the production really do make this song great ... along with the meaning. Every time that Garfunkel delivers that note at the end, it's just chilling to me.

For some reason though, I have always hated the cover versions that include a church choir. It's almost like the impact gets water down.

Comment

Happy they are loved. Happy you love Bookends Dan, it's been #1 for 4 weeks (maybe 5 soon) straight on my album chart!

Comment

Bookends is superb, even though it is way too short. Hell, all of their albums are. But then, I'd rather a perfect short album than a bloated long one.
                                My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

Simon and Garfunkel / Bridge Over Troubled Water limited gold vinyl

Sony are issuing Simon and Garfunkel‘s 1970 album Bridge Over Troubled Water as a limited gold-coloured vinyl pressing next month.

It was the duo’s fifth and final album and as well as the classic title track, it features ‘Cecilia’, ‘The Boxer’ and ‘The Only Living Boy In New York’.

The album will be pressed on limited edition gold-coloured vinyl for its 50th anniversary. Gold is a tricky colour to get right and the mocked up image the label have created which is shown above, is probably a rather optimistic reading of how this will look!

There doesn’t appear to be any other activity around this anniversary, which is a little disappointing. A CD+DVD was issued back in 2011 for the 40th anniversary.

Bridge Over Troubled Water will be reissued on 14 February 2020.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bridge-Over...?tag=sdepcw-21

>>>>>>>>>>> LAST.FM <<<<<<<<<

Comment

Sorry to be a dissenting voice but I've never liked this.

It's too self-satisfied by half and the "sail on silver girl" verse belongs in a completely different song.

Give me The Boxer or The Sound of Silence any day...

Comment

by far their most famous hit WW , an American classic

Comment

My mother loves this song, as do I. It's a timeless masterpiece. Aretha's interpretation is terrific, too.
                                        Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [2-1!]

Comment

Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                                          My mother loves this song, as do I. It's a timeless masterpiece. Aretha's interpretation is terrific, too.
                                          Although I love both versions you mention, my favorite has to be Linda Eder's:

My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Working...
                                          X