Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madonna - Like A Prayer [album]

Can't believe there's no thread for this

Personally i think it's the best and most personal Madonna album ever. Till Death Do Us Part and Promise To Try are among the most sincere and autobiographical songs she's ever written. This album never gets old, it's pure magic
    Cha Cha Instructor

It's one of my favourite Medoner albums, but it badly needs a remastering. I downloaded a fanmade remastering and it still sounds better, although one done by her team would do wonders to enhance the sound of the album.
    My faves off this are Like a Prayer, Love Song, Till Death Do Us Part, Promise to Try, Spanish Eyes.

Comment

This is my 3rd / 4th favorite album by her. Great record.
      Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

Originally posted by ArmyOfMe
        It's one of my favourite Medoner albums, but it badly needs a remastering. I downloaded a fanmade remastering and it still sounds better, although one done by her team would do wonders to enhance the sound of the album.
        My faves off this are Like a Prayer, Love Song, Till Death Do Us Part, Promise to Try, Spanish Eyes.
        It was remastered in Japan, i finally found it few months ago

I think this album is overrated.

Comment

Love love LOVE this album. Every track is a masterpiece. Agreed about this needs a remastered.
          There is a light at the end of the tunnel... hopefully its not a freight train! - Mariah Carey

Comment

Okay. I'm a HUGE ASS Madonna fan - as we all know - but this is by FAR her worst album. I honestly never play it: it's terrible. No wonder she made a film instead of touring it
            M08T10

Comment

Spanish Eyes is one of her best songs ever.
              >>>>>>>>>>> LAST.FM <<<<<<<<<

Comment

The title track remains her best song and probably one of the best pop songs of all time.
                ? Girls' Generation ?
                ? HyoYeon ? Britney Spears ?

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by joiPrince_JO
                  The title track remains her best song and probably one of the best pop songs of all time.

It is. But TIC version is much better.
                  M08T10

Comment

The title track is easily her best song to date. Its just so... idk. Its everything a pop song should be

Comment

Yesterday evening it tickled me to listen to this. I never really liked this. But after I replaced Like a prayer and Express yourself with the TIC version and the video mix this flows so much better. I only despise Promise to try now. And somehow Oh Father and Spanish Eyes are very similar for me.

Nevertheless this has gained points, probably wouldn't rank it around #10 of her albums anymore.
                      Music is the blood in my veins

Feel free to add me to your friends list :-)

Comment

Oh Father >>>>>
                        last.fm

Comment

I can't at people saying TIC edit of LAP is better than original. Worst thing I've ever read on ukmix!

Comment

Originally posted by biscuits
                            I can't at people saying TIC edit of LAP is better than original. Worst thing I've ever read on ukmix!
                            I understand where you're coming from and I can accept people thinking the original edit is better, but it's just not my cup of tea. I mean it is too long, it is too gospel-y while the TIC edit has a little more dance oomph to it and I like that.
                            Music is the blood in my veins

Feel free to add me to your friends list :-)

Comment

The singles from this are some of the best tracks of her career but the album tracks are awful imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaostheory
                                I understand where you're coming from and I can accept people thinking the original edit is better, but it's just not my cup of tea. I mean it is too long, it is too gospel-y while the TIC edit has a little more dance oomph to it and I like that.

IMO, the dance version is so watered down and generic - it doesn't stand out at all. But the original is a total masterpiece! Everything about it is spot on - starting with that chilling guitar riff to the gospel climax.

Comment

I prefer the original, don't like the version on The Immaculate Collection at all
                                  I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

Originally posted by Chaostheory

IMO, the dance version is so watered down and generic - it doesn't stand out at all. But the original is a total masterpiece! Everything about it is spot on - starting with that chilling guitar riff to the gospel climax.
                                    Exactly! TIC version is basic generic pop. The album version is a pop masterpiece.

Comment

TIC shits all over the album version. Ironically Madonna never performed the original version until 14 years after releasing the bloody song
                                      M08T10

Comment

I love the remixes of Like a Prayer. They're as good as the album version for me.

I don't think this is quite the masterpiece that it's made out to be; for me, songs like Love Song and Dear Jessie, which are fine, are nonetheless below the quality of the rest of the songs. But the record boasted of some of M's most challenging and ambitious music yet: Till Death Do Us Part might be my favourite song from her 80s discography; Keep It Together is fantastic with great production; Spanish Eyes is stunning; Promise to Try and Oh Father are so, so sad but wonderful; and the first three singles are great, all are classic pop songs. I also love Supernatural which should have been on the album. 8/10

Comment

Her best Album.

cd/vinyl collection instagram
                                          http://www.instagram.com/i.love.collecting.cds

Comment

Originally posted by ArmyOfMe
                                            +1

One of the problems with the initial album is that the songs sound unfinished in their original form. I'd probably give it a 9/10 with relevant remastering. I think there's a video on YouTube celebrating its twenty-fifth anniversary which has it in remastered form too.

Comment

Loved her look ( the curly dark hair ) at the beginning of the era.

Comment

For some reason this album never clicked with me until this year, i even considered it to be her weakest, i just couldn't connect wit hit.

I bought album this year because i found it in cd shop here (shocking tbh) and since then I'm playing it a lot, and i'm slayed with each listen even more. I can finally see why was this called 'closest thing to art music can get' by RollingStone.

Comment

Second best album from her! I love all the singles (and videos) and the songs Promise to try, Spanish Eyes, Till Death Do Us Part.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X