Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stevie Wonder - I Just Called To Say I Love You

wiki:

"I Just Called to Say I Love You" is a ballad written, produced, and performed by Stevie Wonder.[2] It remains Wonder's best-selling single to date, having topped a record 19 charts.
    The song was the lead single from the 1984 soundtrack album The Woman in Red,[2] along with two other songs by Wonder, and scored number one on the Billboard Hot 100 for three weeks from October 13 to October 27, 1984. It also became his tenth number-one on the R&B chart, and his fourth on the adult contemporary chart; it spent three weeks atop both charts, and for the same weeks as on the Hot 100.[3] The song also became Wonder's only solo UK number-one success, staying at the top for six weeks, in the process also becoming Motown Records' biggest-selling single in the UK, a distinction it still holds as of 2018.[2] In addition, the song won both a Golden Globe and an Academy Award for Best Original Song.[2] The song also received three nominations at the 27th Grammy Awards for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance, Song of the Year, and Best Pop Instrumental Performance.

What a beautiful song. I've always like this.
    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Is it bad that I never really liked this song ? I feel like I should. It's just too soppy for my tastes.
      It might sound like I'm an unapologetic bitch
      But sometimes you know I gotta call it like it is

Comment

Originally posted by Madgefan View Post
        Is it bad that I never really liked this song ? I feel like I should. It's just too soppy for my tastes.
        Nah, you're good. I don't have much time for post-Golden Age Saccharine Stevie. "Jungle Fever" can kick rocks too.
        The sands of time fade into dark
        Feel your pulse it's groove o'clock
        A message to madness
        Feel music that's realness

Comment

I just hate this song. It’s so juvenile, soppy and the production is terrible. Stevie’s low moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller View Post
            I just hate this song. It’s so juvenile, soppy and the production is terrible. Stevie’s low moment.
            Right. Why do so many artists seem to have their biggest hit with their worst song?

Comment

Originally posted by NormiMalone View Post

Nah, you're good. I don't have much time for post-Golden Age Saccharine Stevie. "Jungle Fever" can kick rocks too.
              I think his best album is Songs in the key of life

Comment

Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post

I think his best album is Songs in the key of life
                It's hard for me to say which is best, especially choosing from Music of My Mind through Journey Through the Secret Life of Plants but I might go with Fulfillingness' First Finale.
                The sands of time fade into dark
                Feel your pulse it's groove o'clock
                A message to madness
                Feel music that's realness

Comment

Working...
                X