Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse Of The Heart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse Of The Heart

Just thought this amazing, epic song deserved its own thread seeing as it's currently sitting at #42 on iTunes due to its use in the latest Cadbury advert featuring that gorilla on the drums again.

Ooh hope it does a Phil Collins! Amazing song
    So when I speak, listen

Comment

I've loved this since I was a baybeeeh and still do now - powerful vocals and epic ballad.

Comment

All-time classic.

Would be amazing to see this get back into the Top 40.
        LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD

Comment

I had a girlfriend many years ago and her big sister was a Bonnie Tyler fanatic,i remember this song well and yes i still like it.

Did you know Bonnie Tyler is a Celtic fan!

Chers Cidermaster
          You can never have enough luxury lemon drizzle cake

Comment

Didn't she go missing in France a few years ago?

She's one dangerous dame. She was living in a powderkeg and giving off sparks.

Comment

I loooove this. <3

Comment

Sorry for bumping up an old topic (and perhaps this could be moved to Retro) but I just came across this video on another forum and I just thought it was the funniest thing I've seen in ages.

Total Eclipse Of The Heart - Literal Video Version

Has anyone else seen this before?

It certainly makes watching the original video that much harder after seeing it.
                "I want a man who's kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?"

Comment

Oh, that is the best parody ever.

So clever, I laughed so much!

Comment

^^^ It does make you realise just how random the video actually is, doesn't it?
                    "I want a man who's kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?"

Comment

One of my most hated songs ever, just awful Michael
                      1 Harry Styles|2 Pet Shop Boys|3 Ciara |4 Sigala|5 Raye|

Comment

Oh sorry killjoy I have been a tiny bit put off this lately by that awful screaming boy on the T-Mobile ads.

Comment

One of the greatest diva power ballads ever. I usually think Steinman songs are horribly overproduced but all the high camp, pretentiousness and pompousness actually works here. Unfortunately nothing else Bonnie Tyler has ever done even approaches it.
                          My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

An absolutely brilliant song... one of the absolute best 80's songs.
                            Freaky Fly Bry's Top 100

M4B Charts Central

Comment

Originally posted by gaz_uk
                              Sorry for bumping up an old topic (and perhaps this could be moved to Retro) but I just came across this video on another forum and I just thought it was the funniest thing I've seen in ages.

It certainly makes watching the original video that much harder after seeing it.

I saw this the other day, it was brilliant

Comment

Originally posted by gaz_uk

That's funny! "The gayest man on earth would call this over the top"

Must check out the James Blunt and Nirvana ones later!
                                Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (11th Jan 20) Electric Soft Parade, SDH, Angela Perley, Tallsaint, Karin Park, Janet Devlin, Darkness, Sundfor, Panther, Hailee

Comment

That video is sooooo perverse. Hell, I'll say it, the boys in the classroom with the fan blowing their shirts were hot

Keyword is "were", they're probably 45-50 and obese and balding now
                                  My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

This song followed me for a week, a few months ago. I've never had a real opinion about it until this week in my life.
                                    First on the radio at work, then in the taxi, then a friend of my played it just random on Spotify, then it was the last song in the club while dancing with my girl, and on and on and on...

I thought it was weird, but I bought it on Itunes anyway
                                    Luc

I have hatred towards the entire world,
                                    and you are no exception

Comment

netab showed me this a while ago and I could not stop laughing!
                                      It's genius!

Comment

Oh by the way she is a Celtic fan.

Cheers Cidermaster
                                        You can never have enough luxury lemon drizzle cake

Comment

Originally posted by Music Week
                                          For all their success, Total Eclipse Of The Heart is only Glee Cast’s third Top 10 hit, following Don’t Stop Believin’ (number two) and Halo/Walking On Sunshine (number nine).

Penned by Jim Steinman, it is the first song to be a hit in each of the last four decades. It was a 1980s hit for original artist Bonnie Tyler, reaching number one in 1983. It was subsequently a number five hit for Nicki French in 1995, and got to number 28 in a version by Jan Wayne in 2003.

Tyler’s recording has prospered in the digital age, and re-entered the chart at number 57 in 2008 after being used in a TV advertising campaign for Cadbury’s Dairy Milk. It returns to the Top 200 again this week (number 94, 2,499 sales), partly because of Glee and partly, one suspects, because of the new Mastercard TV advert in which Tyler appears as an angel, and sings “Turn around, Neville” and similar parodic phrases. It has sold a total of 116,928 downloads since OCC started plotting their sales at the end of 2004, and sold upwards of 600,000 copies in physical form.

Comment

OMG that Literal Video is genius

What the effing crap? that angel guy just felt me up
                                            I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her ¯\_(?)_/¯

Comment

It entered the UK chart this week 30 years ago.

Such an epic song.
                                              My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Comment

This just might be my favorite song EVER. Epic, timeless, flawless, just perfect!!!

Comment

Originally posted by toni_pest
                                                  This just might be my favorite song EVER. Epic, timeless, flawless, just perfect!!!
                                                  Agreed, One of the most perfect songs of all-time.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X