Madonna - Rescue Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madonna - Rescue Me

Rescue Me is a song by Madonna included in The Immaculate Collection and released as a single in 1991.

Rescue Me is a very powerful song, it was written and produced by Madonna and Shep Pettibone.

Unfortunately this awesome track is often overlooked… probably because it never got a proper music video.

Despite being released without a music video and not being promoted at all Rescue Me was able to reach number 9 on the Billboard Hot 100 and number 3 in the UK.

This song was never performed live by Madonna.

Both the single covers are amazing.

My Chart

My Rihanna Countdown

Love the song.

Have to disagree about the covers: I finded so cheap at the time they just took a shot for JML video and a pic from a shoot magazine: I so wanted a proper cover and video
    There's only one Queen
    and that's MADONNA.

Comment

Originally posted by denise
      Have to disagree about the covers: I finded so cheap at the time they just took a shot for JML video and a pic from a shoot magazine
      In the pic from the Justify My Love video she looks like she need to be rescued... it's so appropriate!

Originally posted by denise
      I so wanted a proper cover and video
      Me too, the music video could have been epic!
      My Chart

My Rihanna Countdown

Comment

Another lost chance for Madonna. This could have been a great hit. It was actually quite a sizeable hit anyway even without a video!

Comment

i never really liked this song...but i loved her voice on this one
          "Your actions speak louder than promises/You're inclined to make and inclined to break"

Comment

^ This song is all about her voice. It is amazing.
            last.fm
            Chun's monthly most listened

Comment

This should've been replaced with "Dress You Up" on The Immaculate Collection.

Comment

Originally posted by IceAngel
                Another lost chance for Madonna. This could have been a great hit. It was actually quite a sizeable hit anyway even without a video!
                Agree ! I can only imagine how great a video could´ve been. IMO "Rescue Me" is a very empowering song and, unfortunately, very under-rated!
                Definitely,one of my faves !
                Denise , we ( Madonna Fans ) will miss you A LOT !

Comment

OMG this song is so amazing and powerful! Should've been a classic.. the way she sings "RESCUE ME!" ummmm! you go Madge!
                  God Bless You... Akipaul> My Week Chart Potterhead.

Comment

Originally posted by TiagoRodrigues
                    We're polar opposite. I really don't like her voice in this song, particularly at the end. The song, on the other hand, is quite nice.

Comment

^ I love both the music and the voice.
                      My Chart

My Rihanna Countdown

Comment

Originally posted by GoodBoyGoneBad

Comment

Originally posted by innocenteyes
                          Originally posted by TiagoRodrigues
                          We're polar opposite. I really don't like her voice in this song, particularly at the end. The song, on the other hand, is quite nice.
                          Her voice is impressive...especially at the end!

So powerful...i never thought she could sing like that!
                          It's great!
                          "Your actions speak louder than promises/You're inclined to make and inclined to break"

Comment

Powerful track, it should've had a video

Comment

I was complaining to myself today how I don't think I'd find TIC to have this song and boom I found it at the mall today! haha
                              God Bless You... Akipaul> My Week Chart Potterhead.

Comment

Originally posted by RightToDream
                                Originally posted by GoodBoyGoneBad
                                Denise , we ( Madonna Fans ) will miss you A LOT !

Comment

Many fans want Madonna to sing this on a tour.

[youtube:1lw0sg4t]uz6yxSe4iEI[/youtube:1lw0sg4t]

Comment

Sadly it is so forgotten but i love the song
                                    I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

Flawless.

Comment

For me, it's always been a filler track. I barely remember it.
                                        Haven't been early since '88

Comment

Her vocals >>>>>>>

That raspy, husky deep voice that she uses on this track is fantastic. She would've performed it with a lot of passion and soul had it been included on the setlist for The Girlie Show. Her voice was very soulful throughout that show.

Comment

So she's considering including this on her new tour. I approve

Comment

Another lost opportunity of having a #1 because WB held the physical release. It peaked on #9 only with airplay, if they had released the single it most certainly would've shot to #1
                                              "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

Originally posted by grooveboy View Post
                                                So she's considering including this on her new tour. I approve
                                                It's long overdue!
                                                "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaMale View Post
                                                  Another lost opportunity of having a #1 because WB held the physical release. It peaked on #9 only with airplay, if they had released the single it most certainly would've shot to #1
                                                  They wanted the album to sell I suppose.
                                                  M08T10

Comment

Working...
                                                  X