No announcement yet.

Michael Jackson - Thriller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you have just under 40 minutes skip the Paul McCartney feature.
    late.

Comment

Originally posted by urbanmusik
      u went there

Comment

Originally posted by Plym
        Originally posted by urbanmusik
        u went there
        So true though!

Comment

Prefer Bad to Thriller.

Comment

Happy Anniversary!!!!!

Comment

This album was really classic!!
              | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Happy Anniversary !
                Whitney Houston

Comment

Originally posted by QueenBeast
                  Prefer Bad to Thriller.
                  +1 Bad is IMO his greatest creation. It was his absolute peak

But Thriller became the biggest selling album of all time for a reason. It's a timeless album. :(
                  "Dion's voice glides effortlessly from deep whispers to dead-on high notes, a sweet siren that combines force with grace."
                  - Time

Comment

This is truly a masterpiece.
                    The Girl Is Mine fits in the album very well IMO.

Baby Be Mine >>>>

Comment

It isn't really an exceptional album as such - he'd learn the art of 'the album later' - but this has something for almost everyone. As famous as he already was, who knows what might have happened had he never come up with Billie Jean or Thriller. I suspect sometimes he's wonder the same, but I'm very pleased he did.
                      M08T10

Comment

Originally posted by menime123
                        It isn't really an exceptional album as such - he'd learn the art of 'the album later' -
                        :-? :-? :-? :-?

Comment

It isn't really an exceptional album as such - he'd learn the art of 'the album later' - but this has something for almost everyone. As famous as he already was, who knows what might have happened had he never come up with Billie Jean or Thriller. I suspect sometimes he's wonder the same, but I'm very pleased he did.
                          This confused me. Off the Wall, which was released 3 years prior to Thriller, had become his most influential album (well, arguably) in his entire discography. It had become the blueprint to almost every black artist's careers that came after.

I do believe Thriller became a mammoth mainly due to its iconic music videos. Whereas Off the Wall was known for its music. While I've always preferred Bad over Thriller, no one can deny OTW's massive impact in pop culture.
                          "Dion's voice glides effortlessly from deep whispers to dead-on high notes, a sweet siren that combines force with grace."
                          - Time

Comment

Originally posted by dhenapie
                            I do believe Thriller became a mammoth mainly due to its iconic music videos.
                            No way!
                            Everybody and their momma knew all the nine songs from the album. The music was extremely popular and of course the groundbreaking visuals and performances helped.

Comment

Thriller is a collection of songs, rather than a body of cohesive work. Bad was a more cohesive album and he really nailed it when it came to Dangerous.
                              M08T10

Comment

Thriller is a collection of songs, rather than a body of cohesive work. Bad was a more cohesive album and he really nailed it when it came to Dangerous.
                                I strongly disagree.

Comment

all true
                                  I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

Thriller is a collection of songs, rather than a body of cohesive work. Bad was a more cohesive album
                                    +1
                                    - Time

Comment

Thriller is an all-time classic but I agree Bad is more cohesive than Thriller.
                                      Madonna......Rihanna....Beyonce....Michael...Janet....Prince...Mariah...Whitney

Comment

Re: Michael Jackson - Thriller (album)

I said this in another, un-related topic, I guess it can relate to the title track here too:

“Hood anthem, ghey anthem, human anthem, ratchet anthem, hoodrat anthem, toddler anthem, homeless anthem.”
                                        Originally posted by Kaloki
                                        I don't understand why WBT still isn't at #1 tbh.

Comment

One of those rare albums where every song is a bop. Yes, even the much criticized Paul McCartney feature is brilliant. Thriller is the best selling album of all time and deservedly so. It is the most iconic album in music history. An album that has inspired generations and will continue to inspire future generations forever.

Comment

So many have tried to emulate and top this album by creating visuals here and there but this remains on top.

Comment

Originally posted by GetBack
                                              So many have tried to emulate and top this album by creating visuals here and there but this remains on top.
                                              Well people don’t have the budgets for 13 minute videos or Hollywood directors nowadays
                                              M08T10

Comment

This album is just that gurl!

Though to this day i think the title track sonically is so overrated
                                                Forever Young

Comment

This album is just that gurl!

Though to this day i think the title track sonically is so overrated
                                                  Forever Young

Comment

Originally posted by hellohello View Post
                                                    Thriller is an all-time classic but I agree Bad is more cohesive than Thriller.
                                                    I think so too

Comment

Working...
                                                    X