Madonna - Vogue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madonna - Vogue

Can't believe there's no thread to Madonna's one of the most #iconic singles. The song is superb, the video is magnificent and i love all renditions in her world tours.
    Cha Cha Instructor

Love it, the song, the iconic video, one of her best.
    My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Comment

Such a classic, one of my favourite Madge songs.

Comment

One of the best decisions Warner ever made was rescuing this from b-side obscurity.
        Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

Originally posted by menime123
          One of the best decisions Warner ever made was rescuing this from b-side obscurity.
          Yes definitely, I think it would've still been a fan favourite though. What was it going to be a b-side to again? Keep It Together?

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLamb
            Yes definitely, I think it would've still been a fan favourite though. What was it going to be a b-side to again? Keep It Together?

Yes, which is perhaps one of the worst songs she's ever recorded. But that said it's from LAP, the worst album in her discography....

#FreeBritney

Comment

Yes, which is perhaps one of the worst songs she's ever recorded. But that said it’s from LAP, the worst album in her discography....
              Yeah I agree, I only like 4-5 songs off LAP, bar Erotica I think its her worst album or at least the album I like the least amount of songs from.

Comment

Yes, which is perhaps one of the worst songs she's ever recorded. But that said it’s from LAP, the worst album in her discography....
                Yeah I agree, I only like 4-5 songs off LAP, bar Erotica I think its her worst album or at least the album I like the least amount of songs from.
                Yes! Those are easily her worst albums. I never listen to LAP: I prefer TIC versions of LAP and EY, and the rest doesn't bother me. Erotica has some ok songs, but aside from the singles (including BBB) I don't bother.

#FreeBritney

Comment

I was having a driving lesson when they played the first twenty seconds of the single version. They were saying it every now and then they were going to play it. And I could hardly listen to what my driver instructor said. I was totally focused on listening to the radio, but didn't dare say I was obsessed with Madonna.
                  My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Madonna - Vogue

[youtube:1ct177ho]GuJQSAiODqI[/youtube:1ct177ho]

Surprised that I could not find a topic for this! My ultimate and favorite Madonna single ever!!!
                    She may not have invented the vogue but she sure as hell commercialized it

Ive been digging through my collection and forgot that I bought the CD single from J&R a few years back.
                    Jamming to it as we speak!
                    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

One of her most iconic moments. Also one of the most iconic songs & videos of pop music.
                      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Everything about this is iconic, totally in every way
                        I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

Iconic but way overrated.
                          Madonna......Rihanna....Beyonce....Michael...Janet....Prince...Mariah...Whitney

Comment

I wasn't big fan of this song until 2013 maybe, now it's one of my faves. It sounds fresh every time i listen it. It doesn't sounded dated at all. Perfect song.

Comment

The first b/w photo is still iconic after 27 years...wow!

And it's a very much Madonnalized Marilyn look where Madonna gave it her own original twist. The way the lips are cushiony and her eyes seem to cut through your own, that photo coronated her the Queen of Pop back then. Now, Madonna kinda looks tired and old. Which is natural as we all age.

Comment

At the time of it's release, Vogue was the biggest selling single of all time by a female artist in the US until I Will Always Love You came along

NOBODY ever brings that fact up. Madonna has way too many world records and they cancel each other out.

Comment

I hear this on the radio quiet a bit where I live. It still holds up.

Comment

Originally posted by Guru
                                    Possibly the most iconic Madonna photo ever.

#FreeBritney

Comment

On My headphones in bed. Never ceases to amaze!!! The beat
                                      | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

The video's legacy robs the song a bit of its thunder. As a standalone track, this is among her very best.
                                        Akini's Top 100 Artists of the Decade: [10-8]

Comment

This is why she's the Queen of Pop.

Strike a pose!
                                          You ain't gotta break down,
                                          YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"

Comment

OOh...you've got to, let your body move to the music

What a way to kick a new decade!

Comment

This is one of the most iconic songs of her career and the 90's.
                                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by Guru
                                                Possibly the most iconic Madonna photo ever.

Look at those eyebrows though... they’re longer than some music careers

#FreeBritney

Comment

^ Hilarious!!

But yeah, she served it up in spades with this track and video. There are times when I prefer the single version over the album version (or vice versa). And the 12" version with all the extra time to get my life is good for a quick cardio sesh.

I don't really care for the "What're you looking at?" at the beginning of the IC version.

I'm often thrown off when random people refer to this as an 80s song. I know it was close, but for me it kicked off her 90s so distinctly.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X