• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mariah Carey - Without You

With You >>>>>

Comment

Originally posted by RayRay
      Originally posted by BlueScorpion
      As a huge Mariah Carey fan myself I consider this to be too boring to even fathom!
      When I bought the album back in 1993 I used to skip this song. Thought it was too boring as well. Then it was released in early 1994 as the third single and I thought it would go nowhere on the charts. I couldn't believe how fast it went up to #1 all over Europe. It was massive and everywhere on radio and tv. Although I skipped the song on the CD, I couldn't escape it anymore and it slowly grew on me till I loved it so much that it became one of my all time favorite Mariah songs.
      Here in the Philippines, it was already as popular as "Hero" when the album came out.

Comment

I think it did so well in Europe because it was Marian’s peak. She was due to have a #1 around that time

Comment

This was the most white bread song she had recorded up to that point and EU loves that stuff + it was already a well-known song, which explains why “Hero” didn’t have that success.

Comment

Originally posted by RayRay View Post
            ^ Nilson is also not the first to sing the song. Eventhough he and Mariah are most famous for singing it.
            It was Badfinger I think
            Underneath The Stars

Comment

Ken Lee !

Comment

It's crazy how Ken Lee has become as iconic as the real song itself!
                Underneath The Stars

Comment

ICONICCCCC

Comment

Working...
                  X