Mariah Carey & Chick - Someone's Ugly Daughter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mariah Carey & Chick - Someone's Ugly Daughter

Mariah Carey revealed in her new memoir that she wrote and produced an entire alternative album during the Daydream era, called "Someone's Ugly Daughter" for a band called Chick with her friend Clarissa.

Her rep confirms:

"She wrote, produced, and sang background vocals on every song from Chick’s album. (She did not, of course, write “Surrender,” which is a Cheap Trick cover.) She’s also responsible for the album packaging’s art direction and directed one of the band’s music videos."

See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Sorry don't quite get it so she wrote a song for the band Chick?

Or did she write a song called Chick inspired by the band?

Comment

Originally posted by skylynx View Post
      Sorry don't quite get it so she wrote a song for the band Chick?

Or did she write a song called Chick inspired by the band?
      It's possible that the song in the tweet isnt titled "Chick" but either way, the artist "Chick" was essentially a pseudonym for her and Clarissa's band.

Comment

So, what I gathered is that Mariah wrote an album of alternative songs (rock songs) for her friend Clarissa who performed it under the name "Chick"...?!

This is the coolest and most unexpected thing she's ever done. OMG.

That's legendary.
        My Chart

Comment

Ok so I loved Beavis and But-Head when I was young and I was familiar with Malibu but I am shook that it's Mariah!
          Love you like a love song!

Comment

Originally posted by stevyy View Post
            So, what I gathered is that Mariah wrote an album of alternative songs (rock songs) for her friend Clarissa who performed it under the name "Chick"...?!

This is the coolest and most unexpected thing she's ever done. OMG.

That's legendary.
            She hardly wrote these songs by herself though in fairness ? It would be interesting to see the credits. Has any lamb purchased it ?
            Also, she said her vocals are in a "hidden layer" and tbh I cannot really hear her apart from a word or two on Demented where I went hhmm is that her ? It definitely would be super interesting to hear her sing the full lead on these type of tracks.

Comment

Don't want to sound rude or anything, but why does this deserve its own thread?
              5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

This has since been confirmed by Mariah's reps:

According to Carey’s representative, she wrote, produced, and sang background vocals on every song from Chick’s album. (She did not, of course, write “Surrender,” which is a Cheap Trick cover.) She’s also responsible for the album packaging’s art direction and directed one of the band’s music videos.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X