Kylie Minogue - Put Yourself In My Place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kylie Minogue - Put Yourself In My Place

I heard this song for the first time in years the other day, and it still sounds great. It's a shame it missed the top 10 by one place. Kylie's voice sounded stronger and deeper in the mid-1990s. She also looks stunning in the Barbarella inspired music video. She should record more downtempo songs, her voice suits that style of music really well.

One of my favourite Kylie singles, and probably my favourite ballad from her! It's a very underrated song, yet one of her best vocal performances. I wish she would sing it on tour again.

Comment

Gorgeous song. Probably one of her best.

Comment

One of her best songs IMO.
        Haven't been early since '88

Comment

Brilliant song, hasn't dated one bit. Shame it's not played more often, would sound great on the radio.
          Without Any Meaning / We're Just Skin & Bone / Like Beautiful Robots Dancing Alone.

Comment

Yes it's a stunning song, really underrated!

Comment

Sweet song of good quality
              I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

great song, this and Confide are the only listenable songs on the self-titled for me
                last.fm

Comment

WAIT - the lyric is “the circle will come around” and not “something will come around”?!?!

Comment

I always liked this trip-hop uptempo ballad and the video was very trippy

Comment

Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post
                      I always liked this trip-hop uptempo ballad and the video was very trippy
                      Inspired by the film 'Barbarella', very trippy indeed
                      I just remember it was forever on the screen at Kudos bar back in those days
                      It might sound like I'm an unapologetic bitch
                      But sometimes you know I gotta call it like it is

Comment

Originally posted by Madgefan View Post
                        Inspired by the film 'Barbarella', very trippy indeed
                        I just remember it was forever on the screen at Kudos bar back in those days
                        there was a bar called after the candy bar? where was this?

Comment

there was a bar called after the candy bar? where was this?
                          Oh, used to be called Kudos, was in Adelaide Street, near the Strand in London ... now closed. I'm not even sure younger gay guys go to bars anymore Shame because I met so many great friends that way.

Comment

You know I never got to see the video in America until it was released on Ultimate Kylie (and I had to buy an Import btw)

Comment

You know I never got to see the video in America until it was released on Ultimate Kylie (and I had to buy an Import btw)
                              You would have seen it endlessly at Kudos I know I did, depending who I was with of course ..ahem, the less said about that the better.

Comment

Working...
                              X