5 - La Mémoire D'Abraham
    6 - Cherche Encore
    7 - Destin
    8 - Les Derniers Seront Les Premiers
    9 - J'Irai Où Tu Iras
    10 - J'Attendais
    11 - Prière Paienne
    12 - Vole

Twenty years ago last month, an up and coming Céline Dion released inarguably one of the greatest Francophone records ever recorded. To this day, it is unmatched - the biggest-selling album of all-time in France, the biggest-selling French album of all-time worldwide, a bench mark in French music and perhaps her most respected and admired work.

It's taken me 10 years, but I think I finally get the greatness of Pour Que Tu M'aimes Encore. For the longest time, I dismissed it - the same way that I have done My Heart Will Go On. But it's actually a stunning, stunning record. Just listen to this arrangement...

[youtube:3q4sbui0]O3n7RAF25YU[/youtube:3q4sbui0]

It's breathtaking. So many amazing songs.

Great album! My favourite songs are the first two singles, "Destin", "Regarde-moi" and especially "Les Derniers Seront Les Premiers".
    My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Comment

Pour Que Tu M'aimes Encore is incredible
      *CLICK* - FREE AMAZON/ITUNES VOUCHERS - *CLICK*

Comment

Currently spinning the 15th Anniversary special edition of this - it's so stunning. The demo versions of J'irai Où Tu Iras and particularly Pour que tu m'aimes encore are absolutely stunning [her vocals in the latter are much rawer, and I love that].

Comment

Originally posted by ThatBieberSide
          Pour Que Tu M'aimes Encore is incredible
          My fav song of hers. Jean Jacques Goldmann thought it was one of the weakest songs on the album though. Just shows how talented he is.

It definately is her signature song in France. Spent 12 weeks at #1 in 1995 and sold over a million copies.

Comment

"Pour Que Tu M'Aimes Encore" is one of those songs that I could always listen to. It's just beautiful.
            ? Girls' Generation ?
            ? HyoYeon ? Britney Spears ?

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.

Comment

D'eux turns 25!

In the coming days, D'eux will celebrate its 25th anniversary - and I couldn't let such a historic, defining album go without acknowledging such a milestone. It is probably her most important album, certainly from a Francophone point of view, a truly stunning record full of incredible music (the lyrics, the vocals, the melodies and the collaboration with Jean-Jacques Goldman turned her into a legend in France and French speaking countries throughout the world). It would also be remiss of me not to call out the greatness of Pour que tu m'aimes encore, one of the most beautiful records ever.

And let us not forget the commercial success - in its first year on sale, it became the biggest-selling French language album of ALL-TIME (both in France, and worldwide). We are now 25 years on, and it remains the biggest-selling French language album of all-time in France and worldwide with around 8m copies sold worldwide (more than 4.5m of those in France, where it remained at #1 for 44 weeks).

Bon anniversaire D'eux - a truly remarkable record.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                D'eux turns 25!

In the coming days, D'eux will celebrate its 25th anniversary - and I couldn't let such a historic, defining album go without acknowledging such a milestone. It is probably her most important album, certainly from a Francophone point of view, a truly stunning record full of incredible music (the lyrics, the vocals, the melodies and the collaboration with Jean-Jacques Goldman turned her into a legend in France and French speaking countries throughout the world). It would also be remiss of me not to call out the greatness of Pour que tu m'aimes encore, one of the most beautiful records ever.

And let us not forget the commercial success - in its first year on sale, it became the biggest-selling French language album of ALL-TIME (both in France, and worldwide). We are now 25 years on, and it remains the biggest-selling French language album of all-time in France and worldwide with around 8m copies sold worldwide (more than 4.5m of those in France, where it remained at #1 for 44 weeks).

Bon anniversaire D'eux - a truly remarkable record.
                Still my favorite French language album. So many great songs:
                Pour Que Tu M'aimes Encore
                Le Ballet
                Regarde-Moi
                Je Sais Pas
                Destin
                Prière Païenne
                J'attendais
                My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

I think she had a really big chart battle in France with Mylene Farmer in 1995. Who's more popular then and now by general public nowdays in France? Outside France is clear Celine wins.

Comment

Originally posted by MintSound View Post
                    I think she had a really big chart battle in France with Mylene Farmer in 1995. Who's more popular then and now by general public nowdays in France? Outside France is clear Celine wins.
                    Both of them are still very popular in France when it comes to albums and concerts.
                    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Working...
                    X