Mariah Carey - Fantasy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mariah Carey - Fantasy

"Fantasy" is a song by American singer-songwriter Mariah Carey. It was released on September 12, 1995 by Columbia Records as the lead single for her fifth studio album, Daydream (1995). The song was written by Carey and Dave Hall, both serving as primary producers alongside Sean Combs. The song heavily samples Tom Tom Club's 1981 song "Genius of Love," and the remix for the song features rap verses from Ol' Dirty Bastard. It became the second song in Billboard history and the first by a female, to debut atop the Hot 100, topping the chart for eight consecutive weeks. The song also was nominated for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance at the 38th Grammy Awards. The single's music video was the first that Carey directed entirely on her own.
    [youtube:1qo645jo]qq09UkPRdFY[/youtube:1qo645jo]

Her best single for me, Mariah at her top fighting form!

I really like the song
    I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

The new Fantasy remix in the #1 to Infinity album is amazing, I'm so glad that they finally included the original chorus and we get to hear the background vocals!

Comment

Originally posted by GetBack
        The new Fantasy remix in the #1 to Infinity album is amazing, I'm so glad that they finally included the original chorus and we get to hear the background vocals!
        Lol that remix ain't new

Comment

Originally posted by Erotica
          I really like the song
          +1
          Ne me cherche pas, je ne suis plus là, baby

Comment

i think i heard this once or twice a year ago, but i still remember the annoyingly catchy chorus

Comment

This is my favourite Mariah track by far. Still love it now. I used to buy her albums back then too
              It might sound like I'm an unapologetic bitch
              But sometimes you know I gotta call it like it is

Comment

One of her best I still remember when it was released I wasn't a fan at that time but I always liked it. The remix is ok but the original is much, much better.

Comment

Originally posted by hotMCfan
                  Lol that remix ain't new
                  It's the first time I heard it! Was it in the original Fantasy Maxi CD?!

Comment

I've always found "Fantasy" overrated and definitely her weakest 90's #1. Okay, maybe after "Heartbreaker"

Comment

One of her best songs, such a bop! This is the stuff I miss from her.

Comment

Lol that remix ain't new
                        I got that Maxi CD and don't think it was :-?
                        Original >>>> Remix
                        | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Originally posted by grooveboy
                          I've always found "Fantasy" overrated and definitely her weakest 90's #1. Okay, maybe after "Heartbreaker"
                          You ain't gotta break down,
                          YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"

Comment

Her weakest #1 single is definitely "Touch My Body". It's a great song but hardly remembered.

Comment

Love this song! This is music to me.
                              Wish MC would show more love to the pop version.
                              There is a light at the end of the tunnel... hopefully its not a freight train! - Mariah Carey

Comment

Originally posted by MCUK
                                Love this song! This is music to me.
                                Wish MC would show more love to the pop version.

That's the best version for me the remix is a bit flat.

Comment

Originally posted by preyan
                                  Lol that remix ain't new
                                  Original >>>> Remix
                                  It was on the original #1s album...

Comment

It's the first time I heard it! Was it in the original Fantasy Maxi CD?! [/quote]

Original >>>> Remix[/quote]
                                    It was on the original #1s album...[/quote]

But that version doesn't include the main pop chorus on #1 to Infinity it does.

Comment

The remix includes the "I'm in heaven..." part far too much.

Comment

Her weakest #1 single is definitely "Thank God I Found You". It's a great song but hardly remembered.
                                        Luh this

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlu84
                                          Just listened to it now and they have pasted part of the original chorus back in. It sounds so off.

They must know fans are already fed up with her shafting her older music (MTV Unplugged version of Someday... ) and made it resemble the original that actually went to #1 a little more.

Comment

This song is insane.. One of the best pop songs ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad
                                              Originally posted by Pawlu84
                                              Just listened to it now and they have pasted part of the original chorus back in. It sounds so off.

They must know fans are already fed up with her shafting her older music (MTV Unplugged version of Someday... ) and made it resemble the original that actually went to #1 a little more.
                                              It isn't actually a new version it appeared on the original maxi single but I agree it doesn't really work.
                                              There is a light at the end of the tunnel... hopefully its not a freight train! - Mariah Carey

Comment

This song was total FIREEEEEE when it dropped

Comment

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> every other hip hop collabo
                                                  Caution and Giving Me Life >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Comment

Working...
                                                  X