Mariah Carey - Vision Of Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mariah Carey - Vision Of Love

Mariah's first single ever, which has impacted the music scene since it came out in May 15, 1990. It inspired Rihanna, Kelly Clarkson, Beyonce, Christina Aguilera, Tori Kelly, Ariana Grande, and countless other singers. It helped melisma become mainstream and was her first number one. Here is the legendary. . .

VISION OF LOVE

[youtube:2b9vnibs]tov22NtCMC4[/youtube:2b9vnibs]
    No
    7.14%
    Yes
    92.86%
    CATCH YA IN 2017

the biggest entry in Music Industry
    No one will enter the Music scene as BIG as Mariah did with VOL then 4 more #1's

and she even hold on to the top of Hot 100 for 4 weeks,the longest stay @ #1 for that year The Power

Comment

That was a big debut single, album, project overall... 4 consecutive #1's for a new artist is truly outstanding. The fact that she actually managed to STILL outdo herself makes her entire career even more impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by himc15
        No one will enter the Music scene as BIG as Mariah did with VOL then 4 more #1's

and she even hold on to the top of Hot 100 for 4 weeks,the longest stay @ #1 for that year The Power
        I'm not sure if it was the "biggest" standalone start to a career - but it was certainly the start to what would become one of the biggest careers of all-time. She bettered this half a dozen times over, which only goes to show how good she once was.

Phenomenal song.

Comment

Originally posted by Mariah4Mimi
          Mariah's first single ever, which has impacted the music scene since it came out in May 15, 1990. It inspired Rihanna, Kelly Clarkson, Beyonce, Christina Aguilera, Tori Kelly, Ariana Grande, and countless other singers. It helped melisma become mainstream and was her first number one.
          How do you know it inspired Tori Kelly? I want a reciept! I luh TK.
          Someone Like You - Adele cover by Murtaza: https://bit.ly/2TVZ5F2

Comment

Originally posted by murt94
            Mariah's first single ever, which has impacted the music scene since it came out in May 15, 1990. It inspired Rihanna, Kelly Clarkson, Beyonce, Christina Aguilera, Tori Kelly, Ariana Grande, and countless other singers. It helped melisma become mainstream and was her first number one.
            How do you know it inspired Tori Kelly? I want a reciept! I luh TK.
            https://twitter.com/ToriKelly/status/567881054133952514
            CATCH YA IN 2017

Comment

People always bash Tommy but I doubt Mariah would have been this huge without him. He really created such a force in Mariah during 1990-1996.

Comment

This could be the best debut single ever.

Comment

Originally posted by intosoul
                  This could be the best debut single ever.
                  it is

Comment

For me, Britney holds that title. But this would be close, although I didn't start to fully appreciate it until about ten years ago!

Comment

Originally posted by himc15

She truly impacted the world with her talent, back then most people thought they were listening a black singer. It was the beginning of the is she black or is she white drama...To think it is HER song, penned by her, people just werenīt ready for so much talent. I think Motolla was really lucky to find Mariah, no question why she fought for her in that mini fight with Warner...

Comment

Though this is a huge song and Mariah indeed has inspired so many vocalists, Whitney made melisma popular in the mainstream way before "Vision of Love" came out.

Comment

Re: Mariah Carey - Vision Of Love

I can't believe she was only 20 when she released this and younger than that when writing and conceiving the song. Only a one of a kind. Little did she know...
                          You ain't gotta break down,
                          YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"

Comment

Her storytelling was so powerful back in the day. It's crazy how her songwriting has changed after 25 years from this to "Go to MiMi on your contacts, Press delete" and "Name hold weight like kilos. Boy, you actin' so corny like Fritos"...such a different person!

Comment

Originally posted by GetBack
                              Her storytelling was so powerful back in the day. It's crazy how her songwriting has changed after 25 years from this to "Go to MiMi on your contacts, Press delete" and "Name hold weight like kilos. Boy, you actin' so corny like Fritos"...such a different person!
                              Don't act as if this were the best lyrics she could come up with recently. We've had our fair share of great lyrics as well.
                              YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"

Comment

Originally posted by BlueScorpion

Don't act as if this were the best lyrics she could come up with recently. We've had our fair share of great lyrics as well.
                                Exactly.

VOL is such an amazing debut single. Itís remarkable that it is still being cited as inspiration for new artists.
                                See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                                See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

In 1990 Vision Of Love was played at my jazz dance classes. The video was on tv on heavy rotation, the single went Top 10 here and Mariah was in the papers praised for her voice and her songwriting: "More than the new Whitney Houston" was one of the headlines. I bought the first album and I played it so much, that by the time the second album was released my sister insisted she would never have to listen to Mariah again as she couldn't take it no more.
                                  In the summer of 1996 I fell in love with my (now) husband. He bought me the cd-single with dance mixes of Always Be My Baby and wrote me notes when I wasn't home, for me to find, signed "Always your baby". But... although this became a special song for us, we chose Vision Of Love as the first song to be played at our wedding.
                                  To me it is her best song ever. The build up of the song is incredible, the lyrics are out of this world, the vocals are perfection.
                                  My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

^ That was so lovely to read! How come you'd not fall in love for a man that did you that?
                                    YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"

Comment

A classic no doubt but I have always found it to be extremely overrated. One of my least favorite #1s from her.
                                      Floped and localed

Comment

Her first and her best!

Comment

How is it possible for someone to start off so legendary The Queen

Nah but I only stared appreciating this recently... itís always been a good song but the message and delivery is insane bitch

Comment

It's an incredible song and the fact it was her debut is staggering.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealest
                                              How is it possible for someone to start off so legendary The Queen

Nah but I only stared appreciating this recently... itís always been a good song but the message and delivery is insane bitch
                                              That final whistle note ended all the disposable dance-pop bimbos.
                                              Originally posted by beredy
                                              When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

You could tell how experienced she was prior to the debut.
                                                YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"

Comment

I am not a big fan of the song. Maybe good for her debut, but not my cup of tea. At least I got to appreciate it a bit more the last years. I did not know the song for a long time though.
                                                  I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

Working...
                                                  X