No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey - Vision Of Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything about this was epic. I love the raw vocals here, the whole era represented her roots, she even looked like she was picked off the streets looking like a malnourished teen with those untrimmed bushy eyebrows and uncombed hairstyle. It really added to her appeal to the masses.

Comment

Re: Mariah Carey - Vision Of Love

Yeah she had the “girl next door” persona... but in 1990 those eyebrows and hair were in style. Ijs...

Comment

Wasn't there a rumour that the original concept for VOL was sexier before Tommy axed it? I wonder what that looked like and what they were going for before they decided to keep the "girl next door" image.
        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

Originally posted by Goldmoney
          Originally posted by TheRealest
          How is it possible for someone to start off so legendary The Queen

Nah but I only stared appreciating this recently... it’s always been a good song but the message and delivery is insane bitch
          That final whistle note ended all the disposable dance-pop bimbos.
          Killed 50 careers.

Comment

This song has everything: hypnotic opening, then the beat drops and you can only be mesmerized by her voice. Next you'll hear the inspirational lyrics and the song builds and builds. It hasn't got the everyday structure of verse/chorus/verse/chorus/bridge/chorus-endlessly-going-on-till-fade. It doesn't really have a chorus, but just keeps on building till it gets to the grand finale, where her voice goes all the way. It's her most iconic song ever IMO.
            My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

I love Vision of Love but if we were to count Butterfly (the song) and The Roof as singles, then those two would actually be her two best singles.

This, imo, is the best debut single ever by any artist.
              DISCOGS | LAST.FM | INSTAGRAM

Comment

Glorious debut. I get chills down my spine every time I listen to this!
                You ain't gotta break down,
                YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"

Comment

And this is how you become legendary by just releasing your first single ever.
                  Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueScorpion
                    THIS!!!!
                    Originally posted by SawyerHewitt
                    & THIS!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DOSSOME
                      Originally posted by BlueScorpion
                      THIS!!!!
                      Originally posted by SawyerHewitt
                      & THIS!!!!!

Comment

Probably the first time she's performed VOL. She didn't let much of her nerves get to her.
                        Slaying the whole country with a song she wrote and composed herself.

[youtube:31h9611o]eN_6qtdKUg8[/youtube:31h9611o]

QUEEN.
                        You ain't gotta break down,
                        YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"

Comment

One of the very few songs of hers I can say I truly like.

Comment

[center:1za11lkw]Happy 28th Anniversary to the first Vision - The Magna Carta of Melisma

[youtube:1za11lkw]tov22NtCMC4[/youtube:1za11lkw]

Released: 15th May 1990[/center:1za11lkw]

Comment

Happy Anniversary to The Best Carrer Opener OF ALL TIME.
                              No one comes close.

Wow, What a way to come on the scene so POWERFUL and taking control since.

Comment

This Week in Billboard Chart History: In 1990, 'Vision of Love' Became Mariah Carey's First Hot 100 No. 1

Aug. 4, 1990
                                Mariah Carey's debut single, "Vision of Love," became her first Billboard Hot 100 No. 1 (on the birthday of the chart, which launched Aug. 4, 1958). Carey has since upped her count to 18 leaders, the most among soloists. "Vision of Love" finished eighth on the Top 100 Hit Tracks of 1990. It was nominated for three Grammy Awards at the 33rd annual ceremony, held on February 20, 1991: Record of the Year, Song of the Year and Best Female Pop Vocal Performance, winning the latter. Additionally, the song received the Soul Train Music Award for Best R&B/Soul Single, Female and a Song of the Year Award at the BMI Pop Awards.

Source

Comment

How do you become the GOAT after just one single?!

Comment

28 years ago!

Comment

Magnificent performance delivered so effortlessly. Love watching her hitting all the right notes at the right moment. So proud to be a lamb.

She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

Musicality galore!!
                                        Underneath The Stars

Comment

Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                          Killed 50 careers.
                                          Birthed hundreds of careers too!
                                          She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

beautiful masterpiece.

Comment

Amazing to think she wrote that so young. Such a maturity!
                                              Underneath The Stars

Comment

11 days until the 29th Anniversary of this song. Would be cool if MC/we celebrate it in some defining way.

Comment

Maybe Sony has something for the 30th anniversary of her debut album.

Comment

Mariah Carey the best singer of all time
                                                    My Queen! My Goddess! My Idol!
                                                    Forever and always!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X