Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TLC - Unpretty

[youtube:91qdl63f]g2gy1Evb1Kg[/youtube:91qdl63f]

"Unpretty" is a song by American recording group TLC. It was produced by Dallas Austin and co-written by Austin and TLC member Tionne "T-Boz" Watkins in August 1998 for the band's third studio album, FanMail (1999). Long time contributor Dallas Austin helped Watkins adapt the poem into an empowering song for their female fan base to overcome feelings of physical inadequacy.

"Unpretty" was the second single released from FanMail. It became the group's fourth US number one single on the Billboard Hot 100, spending three weeks atop the chart, and the second consecutive number one single in from the album, following "No Scrubs". A critical success, the song was nominated for Song of the Year and Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal at the 42nd Annual Grammy Awards.

This is such a classic!
    I remember the video gave me chills back in the day.

"Beautiful" and "Pretty Hurts" are the "Unpretty" of the 00's and the 10's LOL

Comment

I have always liked this.
      Whitney Houston

Comment

Only TLC could take a song that could have been made for Sheryl Crow into the top ten of hood radio. Chilliís bridge tho >>>> Itís so ghey sell-out pop but also
        Originally posted by beredy
        When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

Re: TLC - Unpretty

Probably my favorite song from TLC. Love the video.

Comment

Their last ever significant hit.
            Originally posted by beredy
            When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

It's their best song after "Waterfalls". The girls were so talented that they didn't just focus on man-hating and love problems.

Comment

Working...
              X