No announcement yet.

Toni Braxton - Un-Break My Heart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the great things about this song is that it showed that it's not always about the high notes.

The sultriness and the way Toni controls her vocals are out of this world!

Comment

This is basically a hoodrat anthem masked as a Celine Dion song.

Figures she was offered the song originally.
      Originally posted by beredy
      When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

Un- Break My Heart (From Celine Dion to Toni Braxton) / Because You Loved Me (From Toni Braxton to Celine Dion)

It's hard to believe that Toni Braxton's signature hit Un-Break My Heart was written by Diane Warren for Celine Dion. Thankfully the Canadian singer passed it up. When 3X Grammy winner (now 6X Grammy Award Winner) Toni Braxton heard the song, she fell in love with it, and the rest is history. Actually it made history. Spending 11 weeks at #1, Un-Break My Heart holds the record for the 2nd biggest single of all times from a female artist and is Braxton's biggest hit to date!

On the other hand Because You Loved Me became a huge hit for Dion and although not her biggest hit, the 5X Grammy Award singer enjoyed 6 weeks at # 1 with this David Foster produced hit.

Toni Braxton is currently putting the finishing touches on her album and her official website should be loading soon. In the meantime you can sign up @ www.tonibraxton.com for updates on her upcoming release.

http://tonisloverboy.blogspot.co.uk/200 ... inued.html

Comment

Re: Toni Braxton - Un-break My Heart

Thanks Wayne
          | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

I used to loathe this sont a lot but I've come around to liking it a lot lately. Really love Toni's voice in this.

I still remember that Il Divo's awful cover from 12 years ago. They really butchered it.

Also Never knew that it was initially written for Céline Dion. Would have sounded strange with her vocals IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne
              Toni Braxton heard the song, she fell in love with it, and the rest is history.
              Lies.

When Toni first heard the song, she hated it and thought that it was “too Disney” (aka too whitebread for her liking). Of course, she broke through big in Europe with a song that sounded nothing like Toni Braxton. :-?

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldmoney
                Lies.

When Toni first heard the song, she hated it and thought that it was “too Disney” (aka too whitebread for her liking). Of course, she broke through big in Europe with a song that sounded nothing like Toni Braxton. :-?
                Breathe Again was already big here. As was You're Making' Me High.
                My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Great song! Always really enjoyed it. A shame that it’s mostly the dance remix that gets played on UK radio over the original...
                  Without Any Meaning / We're Just Skin & Bone / Like Beautiful Robots Dancing Alone.

Comment

Originally posted by RayRay
                    Lies.

Breathe Again was already big here. As was You're Making' Me High.
                    There’s a difference between that type of success and being the second-highest selling single by a female artist in history.

It has those prominent classical and Latin influences that Europeans just love eating up.

Comment

Still amazing after 22 years!

Comment

I forgot that Diane Warren wrote this song. There’s nothing hoodrat about this then, even though it was still a huge hit on hoodrat radio. In fact, this is as about as whitebread as it gets.

Comment

There’s a difference between that type of success and being the second-highest selling single by a female artist in history.
                          Where was it that?

Comment

I believe at the time, it was the second biggest selling single by a female in the US

Comment

Best RNB ballad ever

Comment

I remember buying this single and Brandy Broken-hearted single and stayed at a friend house and all his sister could ask was “is there something you want to talk about”
                                | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Of course Toni had to granola herself like this to finally have a major hit in [MENTION=65100]aRat[/MENTION]chet’s Hole.

Comment

Her AMA performance of this was class personified, what a woman.

Comment

I wish it was live, anyway, she still looked amazing. She had that stage presence and she worked that stage like a runway!

She is really such a performer!

Comment

Such a classic, this song.
                                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Comment

There's still no album like her Secrets album. All the songs are amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                              Her AMA performance of this was class personified, what a woman.
                                              This is what I miss. Dress changes in between a single performance etc.
                                              I miss the effort artists put into performances. It should never just be about hits.

Comment

Originally posted by GetBack View Post
                                                There's still no album like her Secrets album. All the songs are amazing.
                                                This album shits on every urban album released on the past decade.

Comment

Her most iconic song...

Comment

This just came on shuffle. Simply a classic. The conviction in which she sings this song really is a big highlight.
                                                    See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                                                    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

Working...
                                                    X