No announcement yet.

Lisa Stansfield - The Real Thing (1997)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lisa Stansfield - The Real Thing (1997)

The Real Thing" is a song recorded by British singer Lisa Stansfield for her 1997 eponymous album. It was released as the first proper single from Lisa Stansfield in Europe, Australia and Japan on 10 March 1997, after "People Hold On" (The Bootleg Mixes).

The song, written by Stansfield and Ian Devaney and produced by Devaney and Peter Mokran, received positive reviews from music critics who noted that Stansfield "belts her heart out in a voice that's smooth and pliant." An accompanying music video, directed by Michael Geoghegan, was also released. The CD single included remixes created by prominent US and UK producers: Mark Picchiotti, K-Klass and the Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. "The Real Thing" reached number four in Italy and number nine on the UK Singles Chart. In August 1997, it was featured on the Money Talks soundtrack. Later, it was included on The Remix Album (1998) and Biography: The Greatest Hits (2003).

Video

[youtube:15in2fml]025jjzz5tMk[/youtube:15in2fml]

I always loved her singles but this one along with Change and So Natural has to be my favourite.

LOVE Lisa, one of the best British female vocalists and this is one of her best tracks. Sadly much forgotten amongst the masses now I'd say!

Comment

I've always loved this song!

Comment

I remember seeing this a lot on MTV back in the day! This is one of my favorite songs ever!

Comment

I love this song! I think that Lisa is very underrated. It's not like she wasn't successful, but people rarely talk about her these days :(
          Floped and localed

Comment

Originally posted by Gravity
            I love this song! I think that Lisa is very underrated. It's not like she wasn't successful, but people rarely talk about her these days :(

This, I was listening to her greatest hits and I was amazed how many songs I knew.

Comment

When I think back to the early 90s I think of two female artists dominating the scene: Whitney Houston and Lisa Stansfield. Whether that's because of my parents' listening habits or not, but I feel like Lisa had a lot of kudos and by the time she returned in 1997 things had moved on too far.

Comment

Re: Lisa Stansfield - The Real Thing

<3

Comment

she loox natalie imbruglia in this video

Comment

Originally posted by gorgonzola View Post
                    she loox natalie imbruglia in this video
                    Oh my god! I often interchanged them!

Comment

Working...
                    X