Tori Amos - China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tori Amos - China

Third single from her debut album Little Earthquakes, one of my all time fave Tori songs.

Cha Cha Instructor

Jesus sh*t f*ck for a split second I thought this was a topic for a new single even though I know this song already exists lol.
    It's my least fave on the album, one of her "schmaltzy" songs, but still an amazing song. I love the lyrics especially.
    "China decorates the table, funny how the cracks don't seem to show".
    "Lift up your head
    Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

A beautiful song.
      Haven't been early since '88

Comment

Love this one a lot, it sounds a bit like Barbra Streisand, a bit more traditional for Tori in terms of melody and lyrics, but it's so pretty.

I believe [MENTION=11323]Wayne[/MENTION] would like this one, if he doesn't already know it (maybe I already recommended it)!
        last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by Hejira View Post
          Jesus sh*t f*ck for a split second I thought this was a topic for a new single even though I know this song already exists lol.
          It's my least fave on the album, one of her "schmaltzy" songs, but still an amazing song. I love the lyrics especially.
          "China decorates the table, funny how the cracks don't seem to show".
          Love this song so much. Bittersweet.

At the time I thought: "but Tori, cracks could be beautiful too and they may add character as well" (see: Kintsugi)

little did I know I was living it at the time with my now ex-wife

Comment

Working...
          X