Mariah Carey - The Roof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mariah Carey - The Roof

One of Mariah's best tracks in her entire career... I'm not sure why this didn't get a proper release in the UK. I know this video was only played at most times in the US & UK for just promo of the Butterfly album but never actually served to be released. The Roof made #15 on the UK Top 40 R&B Singles chart(mainly from minor airplay) & was actually released in Germany, but missed the top 100 there :(

The video is sensational... and I'll explain more about it once it reaches my all time video list.

One of the greatest (R'n'B) songs of all time. It's perfect, everything about it. Sexual, sensual, beautiful... just WOW.

And the video It looks amazing. She was actually sexy without being trashy in that video

They pulled the UK release 3 days before it was due to come out due to disagreements within Sony :-?
    Can't make decisions, I could use some more distractions today..

Comment

This is one of my favourite Mariah songs ever. I prefer the video version with Mobb Depp, instead of the album version.

Loved the video. In fact I think it's my favourite Mariah video.
      I'll be the bitch tonight (I'll show you bitch - bitch!)
      Beautiful, Intelligent, Talented, Cool, Honey.
      Sure you're right I'm a B.I.T.C.H!!!

Comment

I love the song, and yeah, I love the video too. Now I need to watch it again after replying to this topic.

Comment

"The Roof" is definitely one of my faves from "Butterfly" - it had massive potential as a single.

If she wants to do R&B, she should stick to this style. All the R&B stuff she's done since just can't compare.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattstar
            If she wants to do R&B, she should stick to this style. All the R&B stuff she's done since just can't compare.
            Definitely. This was much more original than the R'n'B she's going for now. Her voice perfectly suited this song - and it was much more credible than the stuff she's doing lately.

Great, great lyrics as well.

Comment

This was definitely her best song ever! One of my favourites of all time.
              "I'm overwhelmed with gratitude, 'cause baby I'm so thankful I've found you.."

Comment

Awww I love this song!!

Definitely in my top 5 MC songs. I always said it was my fave album track cos it was never released here and Ive never seen the video - d'oh!

But the whole atmosphere of the song is amazing.
                Baaaaad relationship??
                The lyric video for my new single TRIP THE ALARM here!

♬ Keen addictions, between afflictions, I guess I had it coming...

Comment

I neglect this song a lot, but i've been playing it recently when i've been alone with a certain someone!

The song is just incredibly sexy!
                  When you left I lost a part of me, It's still so hard to believe
                  Come back baby please cos We belong together

June 27th

Comment

Originally posted by Muzikritik

But the whole atmosphere of the song is amazing.
                    Yeah.. I don't think she's ever captured an atmosphere in a song quite as well as this *listening to it now* It makes me horny just listening to it LMAO!!

Comment

What can I say about this track? It's ambience is certainly just totally amazing, gotta be one of the sexiest songs ever made

Comment

I like the way she uses her whispery voice, it really enhances the subtle undertone of the song, but it doesn't go overboard with it (i.e. practically every song on "Charmbracelet")

Comment

I had an avatar on my computer from the video, so I thought now would be a good time to use it!

Especially as... i'm feeling sexyyyyyy [/beyonce mode]
                          When you left I lost a part of me, It's still so hard to believe
                          Come back baby please cos We belong together

June 27th

Comment

This is my favorite Mariah song. Even though this is a sample from Mob Deep(and their rap songis better than Mariah's). This is the only R&B song that I ever really liked from Mariah.
                            Favorite new shows this fall season '06

1. Heroes
                            2. Ugly Betty
                            3. Six Degrees

Comment

I find this track rather boring as I do with the whole "butterfly" album.

I'd like to see the video though.
                              *Single Of The Week - Beverley Knight - Come As You Are*

Comment

this is my fav song to i really really really llllllllooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeee it
                                i no in my heart, i no in my mind , that its meant to be, are you feelin my yo! - Are You Feelin Me - Aaliyah

Comment

I think The Roof was technically classed as a triple A-side with Butterfly in the UK, forget what the other song was

Comment

Originally posted by pm_01
                                    I think The Roof was technically classed as a triple A-side with Butterfly in the UK, forget what the other song was
                                    Breakdown?

Comment

It was Fly Away apparently. The Roof import made no 96

Comment

Originally posted by Dunn
                                        this is my fav song to i really really really llllllllooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeee it

Comment

This is definitely one of the best Mariah songs ever. It just has such an atmosphere about it, being moody, yet chilled. I love the vulnerability in this song, and the video is gorgeous.

I'm confused as to which version I have though? My version is 5.15 in length, but has a rap. The album version doesn't have a rap, right? It's not the Mobb Deep Extended version - this rap is a lot shorter, only about 20 seconds in length between 3:22 and 3:46. It's amazing though.
                                          late.

Comment

The Roof definitely is my favourite song of hers, I could listen to it over and over again (and I practically did that last summer ). It has got this vibe, this atmosphere that is just so good. I don't know what it is and I can't name it actually, but that's what it always is with very good things - you almost never know what that special part is, but you appreciate that it is there. Brilliant song.
                                            Last.fm

Comment

"The Roof" is my favorite Mariah song.
                                              It's just...mysterious and sexy.
                                              can you commit to be my everything?

Comment

I'm moving this to 'The Retro' forum
                                                Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

Originally posted by BanZai
                                                  I'm moving this to 'The Retro' forum
                                                  And thank you for fixing the topic title as well, that was annoying me.
                                                  late.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X