• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preyoncé
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Marchum
    replied
    There are countless examples out of her discography, BUT for me, the mellifluous manner in which she delivers The Roof's perfect lyrics represent the tremendous talent as a vocalist and a writer.
    The storytelling, the sadness and the beautifulness of that night...
    It's truly a love novel, she truly went there.

Leave a comment:

• chilled
    replied
    Lyrical masterpiece

Leave a comment:

• Gravity
    replied
    "So I threw caution to the wind
    And started listening to my longing heart..."

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by Benjamin
    Originally posted by RayRay
    Still can't believe Mariah was here in the Netherlands when it was on the charts and she didn't promote it.
    At the time 'The Roof' was released as a single? I always thought it was an US only single.
    Why was she here by the way?
    I don't remember exactly. But she was at the TMF studios and you could vote for the "Top 5 of the day". And if I remember correctly Honey was voted song of the day despite it not being on the charts at that point, as The Roof was the new single. Mariah thought Honey wasn't actually voted for and said something about the VJ trying to convince her people had really voted for it.
    TMF did play The Roof and it was in the CD-stores everywhere. It also charted: 5 weeks Top 100 with #63 as peak.
    It wasn't released in the US as far as I know. I believe the Netherlands was one of the few countries were it was actually released on cd-single.

Leave a comment:

• Benjamin
    replied
    Originally posted by RayRay
    Still can't believe Mariah was here in the Netherlands when it was on the charts and she didn't promote it.
    At the time 'The Roof' was released as a single? I always thought it was an US only single.
    Why was she here by the way?

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Re: Mariah Carey | The Roof

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne
    I really wish I could appreciate this the same as everyone else :(
    Well it took nearly 5 years.

I still don't rave about it the same way that lambs do, but I do think it's a pretty great song.

Leave a comment:

• Benjamin
    replied
    Re: Mariah Carey | The Roof

This is one of her best songs ever. It’s such a special song and it really stands out on the album. In a perfect world this would have been the absolute smash from the album.

Leave a comment:

• JSparksFan
    replied
    Originally posted by LongingHeart
    Originally posted by JSparksFan
    So I threw caution to the wind, and started listening to my lonely heart.

Every now and then, I'll listen to this and find myself connecting with a new lyric. This is her true magnum opus. Also, it'd be cool to see an interpretive dance to this. You could do a dance, write a play, a movie - she gives you so much to work with on this track.
    It‘s „longing heart“ (that’s why my username is longingheart )

That’s my favorite line <3
    Best written song I‘ve ever heard. #onlythequeen
    Typos <<<

Leave a comment:

• LongingHeart
    replied
    Originally posted by JSparksFan
    So I threw caution to the wind, and started listening to my lonely heart.

Every now and then, I'll listen to this and find myself connecting with a new lyric. This is her true magnum opus. Also, it'd be cool to see an interpretive dance to this. You could do a dance, write a play, a movie - she gives you so much to work with on this track.
    It‘s „longing heart“ (that’s why my username is longingheart )

That’s my favorite line <3
    Best written song I‘ve ever heard. #onlythequeen

Leave a comment:

• JSparksFan
    replied
    So I threw caution to the wind, and started listening to my longing heart.

Leave a comment:

• BlueScorpion
    replied
    Originally posted by DOSSOME
    I read on some forum that she directed the music video of this song. Don't know If it's true but this video is honestly in the Top 4 of her very best videos hands down
    + 1

And she needs to step up her game as far as music video is concerned these days!!

Leave a comment:

• DOSSOME
    replied
    I read on some forum that she directed the music video of this song. Don't know If it's true but this video is honestly in the Top 4 of her very best videos hands down

Leave a comment:

• Benjamin
    replied
    Originally posted by BlueScorpion
    This is so atmospheric and evolving. A strong track on a flawless album.
    Agreed. This song is everything

Leave a comment:

• BlueScorpion
    replied
    This is so atmospheric and evolving. A strong track on a flawless album.

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    It's sad how she was barely acknowledged for this, the same goes for Janet. R&B was never this good after the 1990s.

Leave a comment:

• hellohello
    replied
    R&B gold

Leave a comment:

• Preyoncé
    replied
    This era was spitting fire!!! This song is such a hidden classic

Leave a comment:

• TheRealest
    replied
    I've always liked this but I didn't really appreciate it til recently... This really is a masterpiece She was amazing

Leave a comment:

• ArmyOfMe
    replied
    Originally posted by mattsky
    Words cannot describe how amazing this song is.
    Yes. As far as MC's catalogue is concerned, it doesn't get better than this.

Leave a comment:

• mattsky
    replied
    Words cannot describe how amazing this song is.

Leave a comment:

• DOSSOME
    replied
    Now this is the Mariah I LOOOOOVE...The phenomenalness of this is beyond

Leave a comment:

• intosoul
    replied
    Originally posted by LambChild
    These are the songs that make you realize she's so much more than just an amazing voice, but an underrated lyricist.
    I don't think that's the case, since most people can't make out what she's actually singing when they hear this for the first time.
    And most people will not appreciate the "whispery" vocals at all.

I love the songs, but I think they are only considered amazing by lambs.

Leave a comment:

• ThaInfo1
    replied
    Originally posted by Guru
    Originally posted by LambChild
    People who want to get into Mariah's catalogue should always check this and Breakdown out first. These are the songs that make you realize she's so much more than just an amazing voice, but an underrated lyricist.
    Yas!!! I think that those are the two songs that showcased her beyond a commercial hits artist.
    Agreed. Phenomenal songs.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X