Janet Jackson - Rhythm Nation 1814

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, this album is FANTASTIC.

Every single song is just absolutely amazing, and it really deserved every bit of success it received. It totally displays why exactly Janet is my favourite. Although I love her current music, it's a shame she can't make an album like this anymore, on the subject matter at least.

My favourites are Rhythm Nation, Love Will Never Do, Escapade, Lonely and Come Back To Me. I realise the majority of those were singles, but then again, over half of the album were singles.

Really brilliant, top quality album, and ironically I purchased it for £16.99 when I bought it 5 year ago.

Comment

Great album!

The 80's Janet was the best...this and Control were great albums...but i didn't really like Janet too much, although i liked TVR
      "Your actions speak louder than promises/You're inclined to make and inclined to break"

Comment

singles from Rhythm Nation 1814 in the Hot 100:

1 Miss U Much (#1 in 1989)
        2 Rhythm Nation (#2 in 1989)
        3 Escapade (#1 in 1990)
        4 Alright (#4 in 1990)
        5 Come back to me (#2 in 1990)
        6 Black cat (#1 in 1990)
        7 Love will never do (#1 in 1991)
        8 State of the world (#5 airplay in 1991)

This string of hits is unique.

Comment

I can't beleive i ever doubted getting this hahaha. This album encouraged me to get all of Janet's albums shes incredible
          CALL ME CALICE, CALL ME COLD. YOU'RE ITALIC, I'M IN BOLD.

Comment

I think Janet's strongest works have been her themed albums eg: "RN1814" and "VR" with "AFY" jammed right in there. The eclectic nature of sound and production helped to make these outings more memorable than bleeding into the background of the "sound of the moment" which is what happend with "DJ", "20Y.O" and "Discipline". All have standout out moments but to many generic, filler tracks.
            Happy endings are just stories that haven't finished yet...

Comment

Amazing album. Rhythm Nation <3.

Comment

By far her best album ever IMO. Not a bad song on it
                So when I speak, listen

Comment

I've been playing this to death again recently! I will never get sick of it!
                  CALL ME CALICE, CALL ME COLD. YOU'RE ITALIC, I'M IN BOLD.

Comment

Amazing album.

Rhythm Nation is EPIC.
                    tell the others you've gone to sea...

Comment

Her best album, it best fit her style and was well rounded...her best VOCAL moments as well. She seems a bit quiet nowadays on record.

RATE:
                      10 Rhythm Nation
                      09 State of the World
                      06 The Knowledge
                      10 Miss You Much
                      10 Love Will Never Do (Without You)
                      08 Livin' in a World (They Didn't Make)
                      08 Alright
                      07 Escapade
                      09 Black Cat
                      09 Lonely
                      10 Come Back to Me
                      10 Someday is Tonight

"Miss You Much" is still a STONE COLD TUNE
                      Check out my new Michael Jackson top 50 countdown!!!

Comment

I love "Someday is Tonight" could have been a top 5 maybe #1 hit on the US Billboard Hot 100.

Comment

"Someday is Tonight" is IMMENSE, I miss those early ballads.
                          Check out my new Michael Jackson top 50 countdown!!!

Comment

I've already replied in this topic twice but I will never tire of this album! It's so strong, especially the 7 singles, State Of The World and The Knowledge.

Miss You Much, Black Cat & Love Will Never Do (Without You) are masterpieces.
                            So when I speak, listen

Comment

I love this album too. I did a survivor on it awhile back even. This album is full of great tracks. I don't think there's one I don't like...although Alright is borderline.
                              My Last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by martinp
                                Not a bad song on it
                                Yes. But like often with the very long albums of Janet !

Comment

RN1814 is spectacular! Not too far behind "The Velvet Rope" as my favourite Janet Jackson album. She could never produce anything on the likes of "Escapade" and "Love Will Never Do" again.

Comment

This album is THE album! It's Janet's best imo. There is not one bum track on the album! It's all fierce. Black Cat is one of one my favourite Janet songs! The few ballads on the album are great too! Just love the whole album!

Comment

I love this album! Virgin should remaster this, along with Control, janet. and Velvet Rope! I would really buy this since this was released when I was a year old, never got a chance to enjoy the whole physical album experience!

Comment

Originally posted by Bhaggers
                                        Amazing album.

Rhythm Nation is EPIC.

Comment

Love Will Never Do Without You is one of her best songs and my fav Janet song.

Comment

I love this album

Black Cat Rules!! no other could´ve ever done something like that in the 80´s !!

I wish someday this album achieves the diamond status that deserves so badly
                                            But that's the way I like it baby I don't want to live forever
                                            and don't forget the joker

Comment

I always reach an orgasm during the perfect trinity Lonely + Come Back to me and Someday is Tonight

Flawless album.

Comment

Rhythm Nation: Great song, great video. 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1...

State of the World: A favorite of mine. Great lyrics.

Knowledge: Boring

Miss You Much: Brilliant song. Great video. Can't sit still when I hear this one.

Love Will Never Do (Without You): A favorite in her complete body of work. LOVE it!

Livin' in a World (They Didn't Make): Used to be my favorite back in 1989. Had it on repeat. Just beautiful.

Alright: LOVE this one!!!

Escapade: Another gem like only Janet made them.

Black Cat: Liked it at first, but it's not really my kind of music.

Lonely: Love this one sooooo much. Favorite on this album. Melancholy and sooo beautiful! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Come Back to Me: Okay, but not that special IMO. Nice video though.

Someday Is Tonight: Boring.

Interludes: some are nice, but as I usually play my cd's at random/shuffle it's annoying.
                                                My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Played this the other night and was reminded of how fantastic it is! Stunning. All 12 songs have a great deal to offer! Favourites: Rhythm Nation, The Knowledge (underrated!), Love Will Never Do..., Alright (the instrumental at the end of this is amazing!), Black Cat, Lonely, Come Back to Me.

Comment

Originally posted by SocietysBoy
                                                    I always reach an orgasm during the perfect trinity Lonely + Come Back to me and Someday is Tonight

Flawless album.
                                                    You too? :(

I love Lonely.

Livin In a World They Didn't Make. :(
                                                    Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

This album. This era.

WE ARE A NATION WITH NO GEOGRAPHIC BOUNDARIES, BOUND TOGETHER THROUGH OUR BELIEFS. WE ARE LIKE-MINDED INDIVIDUALS, SHARING A COMMON VISION, PUSHING TOWARD A WORLD RID OF COLOUR LINES.

Rhythm Nation 5
                                                      State of the World 5
                                                      The Knowledge 5
                                                      Miss You Much 5
                                                      Love Will Never Do 5
                                                      Livin' in a World 4
                                                      Alright 5
                                                      Escapade 5
                                                      Black Cat 5
                                                      Lonely 5
                                                      Come Back to Me 5
                                                      Someday is Tonight 4.5

Comment

This is probably one of the most underrated 1980s pop albums of all time! We always hear people give so much credit to Thriller, Like a Virgin, Whitney Houston and She's So Unusual, but this rarely gets recognition.

Comment

Beyoncé's Halloween costume.
                                                          "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

Bey paying tribute to her superiors, I see you.

Comment

Originally posted by GetBack
                                                              This is probably one of the most underrated 1980s pop albums of all time! We always hear people give so much credit to Thriller, Like a Virgin, Whitney Houston and She's So Unusual, but this rarely gets recognition.
                                                              And she should. That, Control and Janet. were events.

I swear people just through her whole legacy out with nipple gate?
                                                              Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

Working...
                                                              X