X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pawlu84 View Post
    Shouldn't this be in the 1980's?
    Yep
    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• 30 years!
      Originally posted by Kaloki
      I don't understand why WBT still isn't at #1 tbh.

Comment

• One HELL of an era I tell you. Wish I could have witnessed this. How in the hell do you have 8 top 5 Airplay songs from one album without a re-release. The impact of her music videos from this era is still influencing many artist today. Even the album cover remains untouched.

The LEGENDARY Stevie Wonder once said that RN1814 has the greatest production for any album period. That is huge coming from such an icon.
        Diva!!!

Comment

• "Escapade" and "Come Back To Me" are now available in HD.

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
            "Escapade" and "Come Back To Me" are now available in HD.
            Lovely. Fun fact: my older sister used to (try and) style her hair like Janet's in these videos.
            The sands of time fade into dark
            Feel your pulse it's groove o'clock
            A message to madness
            Feel music that's realness

Comment

• ALBUMISM PRESENTS: 20 New Jack Swing Era Albums That Still Sound Great Today

JANET JACKSON | Janet Jackson’s Rhythm Nation 1814
              A&M (1989)
              Selected by Patrick Corcoran

Having arguably created New Jack Swing with 1986’s “Nasty,” Jimmy Jam, Terry Lewis and Janet Jackson set about creating the follow up to Control under pressure from the record label to replicate its sound and success. They responded by ditching the iconic Minneapolis sound Linn Drum Machine and adopting the E-mu-SP1200, more associated with hip-hop’s so-called “Golden Age.” In doing so, they planted the flag of NJS in Rhythm Nation 1814 and ploughed on regardless of record label desires in 1989.

Yet a change in drum machine maketh not a classic album—that comes down to any number of other factors. The pigheaded stubbornness that saw them defy label advice and pursue a socially conscious concept album is one of them. Most NJS records are concerned with affairs of the heart and the sins of the flesh, and while Rhythm Nation has its share of that, what marks it out is its desire to say something about the world we live in—most of which (sadly) still holds true. There is substance and style here.

But most of all, it’s the undeniable quality of the songs on offer here that make this resonate so clearly some 27 years later. The pounding militaristic NJS of the (Sly Stone sampling) title track sets the template magnificently, while “The Knowledge,” “Miss You Much” and “Alright” don’t just fall in line behind the NJS flag, but carry it to some of its greatest heights.
              https://www.albumism.com/features/20...ay-part-2-of-2

Comment

Working...
              X