No announcement yet.

TLC - Fanmail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The first album I ever received. A great comeback album.

Comment

• Dear Lie has really grown on me lately.Fantastic Fantastic tune.Up there with some of my favorite RnB jams of all time.

Comment

• Don't Pull Out On Me Yet >>>>>

Comment

• Not a patch on CSC but still great. Dear Lie is so underrated.

Comment

• It's so weird that "No Scrubs" and "Unpretty" went to #1 in the Hot 100 while "Dear Lie" was a huge flop in the US! it could have been this album's "Diggin' on You" but it went unnoticed. It's also the last video with Left Eye in it.

The singles should have been:
            No Scrubs (Rap Version) - this should have been in the album as well
            Silly Ho - should have been released a week or two after the album came out
            Unpretty
            I Miss You So Much - this got so much love and could have been another pop hit from them in 1999
            Dear Lie
            Don't Pull Out on Me Yet

Comment

• I love this album, I think it's their best actually. My personal favourite is Automatic, which I don't think gets as much recognition as it deserves. To be honest I don't really play this album as a whole that much anymore, but Automatic still makes quite a few of my playlists.

Comment

• Originally posted by caseycasey
                I love this album, I think it's their best actually. My personal favourite is Automatic, which I don't think gets as much recognition as it deserves. To be honest I don't really play this album as a whole that much anymore, but Automatic still makes quite a few of my playlists.
                Automatic is one of my faves.

Comment

• Originally posted by caseycasey
                  I love this album, I think it's their best actually. My personal favourite is Automatic, which I don't think gets as much recognition as it deserves. To be honest I don't really play this album as a whole that much anymore, but Automatic still makes quite a few of my playlists.
                  That song is amazing, it gives off a Michael Jackson vibe.

Comment

• Silly Ho, Automatic, Good At Being Bad and Fanmail are my faves
                    Madonna......Rihanna....Beyonce....Michael...Janet....Prince...Mariah...Whitney

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack
                      It's so weird that "No Scrubs" and "Unpretty" went to #1 in the Hot 100 while "Dear Lie" was a huge flop in the US! it could have been this album's "Diggin' on You" but it went unnoticed. It's also the last video with Left Eye in it.

The singles should have been:
                      No Scrubs (Rap Version) - this should have been in the album as well
                      Silly Ho - should have been released a week or two after the album came out
                      Unpretty
                      I Miss You So Much - this got so much love and could have been another pop hit from them in 1999
                      Dear Lie
                      Don't Pull Out on Me Yet
                      Silly Ho was much better as a promo single

Comment

• Fantastic album.
                        Whitney Houston

Comment

• This is everything.
                          Silly ho, Good at being bad and If They knew are my faves <3
                          Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Back in 1999, the only song I didn't like was 'My Life'.

These days, there's a few more which I never listen to (If They Knew, Silly Ho, Shout) but overall, such a good album.

Favourites are (in no order)
                            No Scrubs
                            FanMail
                            Come On Down
                            Dear Lie
                            I Miss You So Much
                            Don't Pull Out On Me Yet
                            Automatic

But back then, I loved IGABB. I loved the switch between soft and hard. My mom hated me listening to that song, and looking back, I totally get why!

Comment

• I'm Good At Being Bad is such a great fiery track
                              1 Groove Armada|2 Gjons Tears |3 Tove Lo|4 Jack Garratt |5 Sigma|

Comment

• A great follow-up to the phenomenal CrazySexyCool. It makes me sad that Dear Lie charted so low :(

Comment

• Originally posted by EdinaMonsoon
                                  A great follow-up to the phenomenal CrazySexyCool. It makes me sad that Dear Lie charted so low :(
                                  In the U.K., it spent like 8 weeks between 30-40 I think

Comment

• Originally posted by biscuits
                                    Originally posted by EdinaMonsoon
                                    A great follow-up to the phenomenal CrazySexyCool. It makes me sad that Dear Lie charted so low :(
                                    In the U.K., it spent like 8 weeks between 30-40 I think
                                    The Christmas period helped

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy
                                      I'm Good At Being Bad is such a great fiery track
                                      Should've been the 3rd single. This or Silly Ho (officially).

The fact they picked Dear Lie (after having a similar style second single with Unpretty) still upsets me. The album was big but could've been double as big with a good 3 singles after unpretty.
                                      Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

• Originally posted by ThaInfo1
                                        Originally posted by SholasBoy

The fact they picked Dear Lie (after having a similar style second single with Unpretty) still upsets me. The album was big but could've been double as big with a good 3 singles after unpretty.
                                        Wasn't the era cut short due to some drama with Left Eye?
                                        And wasn't the world tour cut short due to Tionne's health?

Comment

• Originally posted by ThaInfo1
                                          Originally posted by SholasBoy
                                          Agreed. I LOVE 'Dear Lie' but it should've been the fourth or fifth single.
                                          I do think 'Silly Ho' and 'I'm Good At being Bad' were released as promo singles though
                                          Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

• Silly Ho was the b-side to No Scrubs in Europe.
                                            I think it was supposed to be the first single, but then No Scrubs exploded on US radio and they rushed to record a rap version and make a video.

Comment

• I love Silly Ho and Fanmail( + the singles) while the album is good it's very samey and not a patch on CrazySexyCool.

Comment

• "I'm Good at Being Bad" would flop as a single. Imagine a radio edit of it, it would sound so lame.

Comment

"I'm Good at Being Bad" would flop as a single. Imagine a radio edit of it, it would sound so lame.
                                                  Playa you must be crazy
                                                  Whatcha gonna do with a chick like me?

Sounds good to me

Comment

"I'm Good at Being Bad" would flop as a single. Imagine a radio edit of it, it would sound so lame.
                                                    [youtube:35mv0y58]SlRRYdAv500[/youtube:35mv0y58]

Comment

Working...
                                                    X