TLC - Fanmail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by intosoul
    Silly Ho was the b-side to No Scrubs in Europe.
    I think it was supposed to be the first single, but then No Scrubs exploded on US radio and they rushed to record a rap version and make a video.
    I think Silly Ho was just a promo single. It would've been a terrible single IMO - not mainstream at all

Comment

• Originally posted by biscuits
      Originally posted by intosoul
      Silly Ho was the b-side to No Scrubs in Europe.
      I think it was supposed to be the first single, but then No Scrubs exploded on US radio and they rushed to record a rap version and make a video.
      I think Silly Ho was just a promo single. It would've been a terrible single IMO - not mainstream at all
      Whaaaa?
      It was the first track I loved from Fanmail (I bought the album without hearing any songs prior).
      And it was very popular at US radio.

I am sure it was supposed to be the first single.

Comment

• I don't think Silly Ho would've of been a success in EU. No Scrubs was perfect as the first single.
        Madonna......Rihanna....Beyonce....Michael...Janet....Prince...Mariah...Whitney

Comment

• Silly Ho is the best song here.
          Floped and localed

Comment

• It's a damn shame this was only limited to three singles, with "Dear Lie" getting a release far too late! With all the tension and drama within the group, they still managed to release a very solid album in FanMail. R&B was never the same again after the nineties.

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack
              It's a damn shame this was only limited to three singles, with "Dear Lie" getting a release far too late! With all the tension and drama within the group, they still managed to release a very solid album in FanMail. R&B was never the same again after the nineties.

What tension and drama at the time
              Do say
              | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• Originally posted by Guru
                Originally posted by GetBack
                It's a damn shame this was only limited to three singles, with "Dear Lie" getting a release far too late! With all the tension and drama within the group, they still managed to release a very solid album in FanMail. R&B was never the same again after the nineties.

Do say
                If you've seen their biopic, they were barely friends while making this album. Well, Left Eye wasn't really feeling the other two at the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gravity
                  Silly Ho is the best song here.
                  I think it's Unpretty. Song and video are a huge highlight of the 1990's for me.

My Life is a close runner up. I just love Left Eye's verse on that song and the whole willfulness of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guru
                    Originally posted by GetBack

Do say
                    Left Eye was acting up.

She wasn't happy with the music...wanted to release her own stuff. Her and Chilli wasn't seeing eye to eye. She challanged them to make their own solo albums and whoever would win (album sales wise) would get 5 million from the record label. Called T-boz a player and Chilli a hater

She also was the reason they didn't get to bring the fanmail tour overseas because she wanted to do her own stuff. Thus the whole Supernova album happening.
                    Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

• Any wonder why Left Eye was my least fave?

Comment

• I had no idea they were fighting so much?
                        Were they on bad terms when Left Eye passed away?
                        Floped and localed

Comment

I had no idea they were fighting so much?
                          They were in the midst of recording 3D so while I don't think they were that close, they must have been getting on

Comment

I had no idea they were fighting so much?
                            They were patching things up at the time. Also, Left Eye got a reality check after saying that she would be far successful going solo during the time she was mad at T'Boz and Chilli.

Comment

• I don't think they were close, but that could be because Lisa had so much things going on for herself and she was in Honduras a big part of her time.
                              I think she only recorded one rap for the "3D" album (Girl Talk).

The raps on Over Me and Give To Me While It's HOT! were taken from the Supernova tracks I Believe In Me and Friends.
                              The rap on Quickie was taken from an unreleased track called Left Pimpin'.

Comment

• Don't Pull Out On Me Yet >>>>>>

Classy, grown folks music! (Although I loved it when I was 10 too!)

Comment

• Originally posted by biscuits
                                  Don't Pull Out On Me Yet >>>>>>

Classy, grown folks music! (Although I loved it when I was 10 too!)
                                  Same here, I love the old school R&B feel to it ever since!

Comment

• Re: TLC - Fanmail

This album :(

Comment

Still sounds great.
                                      Whitney Houston

Comment

It’s taken damn near 20 years, but I’ve finally clicked with Silly Ho

Comment

Silly Ho is such an absolute jam. That and three singles are classics for me.
                                          Remember us in AmenJena...

...If we could just go back to the start

Comment

The transition from Lovesick to Automatic

Comment

No Scrub is still the best black girl anthem of all time.
                                              Originally posted by beredy

When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT, GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• One of my all-time fave records.
                                                Them bishes went IN w/I'm good at being bad. THEY DID DAT.
                                                Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Exactly 20 years after the album was released (February 23rd 1999) this album is still fresh as ****. In the middle of my first spin today. It will get a couple more
                                                  I have received many gifts from God,
                                                  but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• I feel the same way. Most albums between 97 and 99 still sound fresh.
                                                    Butterfly, Baby...One More Time, Never Say Never, My Love Is Your Love, Fan Mail, Millenium etc. All still relevant to me in 2019.
                                                    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Working...
                                                    X