TLC - Fanmail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TLC - Fanmail

I bought this waaaay back in october and listened to it once... This morning while eating my ready brek, i thought i'd give it a spin cos i wanted to listen to Unpretty. I can't beleive ive had this album sitting gathering dust in a cupboard its very good! I didnt see what the fuss was about TLC but this album really is very good...

It says on the sticker though, the biggest selling female trio of all time. I think DC might've overtaken them now.
    CALL ME CALICE, CALL ME COLD. YOU'RE ITALIC, I'M IN BOLD.

I love some of the songs on here, but there's too many and they tend to sound samey. I like:
    No Scubs
    If They Knew
    Good At Being Bad
    I Miss You So Much
    Dear Lie
    Unpretty
    My Life
    Don't Pull Out On Me Yet
    Come On Down

And I don't understand any of the Interludes
    You said turn around so I cannot see your tears falling...

Comment

Fanmail was a great album - my fave TLC album in fact. It's one of those albums that I never get sick of, although I agree about the songs souding same-ish after a while.

My fave songs off the album are: Silly Ho, I'm Good At Being Bad, If They Knew & Lovesick.
      "I want a man who's kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?"

Comment

Fanmail is a total classic. It still sounds as brilliant now as the day it came out

Comment

Totally. The production was so ahead of its time i don't think the songs could ever sound out-dated.
          "I want a man who's kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?"

Comment

For 'Im Good At Being Bad' to be a Jam & Lewis production, its my least fave!

Comment

This is one of the best albums ever, every single song is perfect.
              Help

http://thegeneration2000.blogspot.com/

Comment

This is my fave TLC album!

My faves are 'I miss you so much', 'I'm good at being bad', 'Dear lie' and 'Silly ho'
                When you left I lost a part of me, It's still so hard to believe
                Come back baby please cos We belong together

June 27th

Comment

This is a classic and I still listen to this album at least once a week 6 years later. This ia amazing, but I'm not sure if I like it more than CrazySexyCool, but It's way better than 3D

To sum it up. the only songs I dont like are Shout & Automatic. For a 17 track cd thats very good. I dont think that DC beat TLC yet, cuz album wise these r the sales (which they might have changed so correct me if I'm wrong) this is all U.S. status by the way

TLC
                  ooooh On The TLC Tip (4X Platinum)
                  CrazySexyCool (11X Platinum)
                  Fanmail (6X Platinum)
                  3D (Platinum)

DC3
                  Destiny's Child (Platinum)
                  The Writings On The Wall (8X Platinum)
                  Survivor (4X Platinum)
                  Destiny Fulfilled (2X Platinum)

I'm too lazy to add, but I think TLC won
                  WHAT HAPPENED TO UKMIX ???
                  All the Fighting and Arguments are getting old now, lets get back to talking about the MUSIC

Comment

I remember how I got the copy of FanMail... I wanted to buy "CrazySexyCool" from a used Cd market but inside there was the "Fanmail" CD... I like a lot of songs but one of my favourite of all times is inside this album: it's "Dear Lie".I think I've listened this song for thousands and thousands of times and I still love the words & rhythm.xox.

Comment

Yea TLC are still way ahead, more than DC.

Fanmail is a superb album, still listen to it at least a couple of times a month.

3D is also a superb album, but it was so underrated, the album is as good as there other albums, if even better than CrazySexyCool, the album before that, but just a tad in quality below Fanmail.

Comment

I thought "3D" was a really good album as well. The problem with it though is that they didn't try to re-invent themselves enough after "Fanmail". Their past albums were all very different but "3D" wasn't anything special or out of the ordinary.

Comment

I thought i read somewhere that DC had sold more now.. Maybe it just meant they're the biggest selling girl group in the world at the moment.

Anyways this is a good album, i had it on again this morning, i love Unpretty

Comment

Well those sales were US certifications only so DC may still have sold more worldwide.

I'm guessing its about even at the moment.

Comment

I have to say I too love this album, and, dare I say it, I consider it to be far better than CrazySexyCool. Practically every song on Fanmail is a killer, which is very rare in this day & age!

If 3D was an example of what would happen if they went on as a duo...then I think Chilli & T-Boz should keep going for a long time yet - I thought 3D was brilliant, although not as good as FanMail

STEV!E

Comment

I love 3D - it might not be as forward thinking as Fanmail, but it's still a pretty much flawless RnB album that is above the standard of much of what is released...TLC kick ass!

Comment

All of TLC albums were MASTERPIECES!!!!!!!!

Comment

3D was good, but it sounded a lot like Fanmail to me. With the energetic, futuristic sound thing they had going on. And your right. They didnt re-invent themselves
                                    All the Fighting and Arguments are getting old now, lets get back to talking about the MUSIC

Comment

Fanmail Rocks!
                                      deffo the best Electro/Rnb/Pop album ever made!

i like Whisperin Playa, that used to have me in stiches!, Silly Ho is My overall fave on fanmail the beat the vocals the melody, that song just rocks beyond rocking!
                                      I Wanna Ride On A White Horse

Comment

After seeing this thread. I had to find it and give it a listen. It's a very good album, quite consistent. I always wondered a couple of things 1) Why Dear Lie was only released overseas. 2) Why they never made a video for I'm Good At Being Bad which is definatley an album standout & 3) Why they never made Don't Pull Out On Me Yet a single ???. Or maybe I'm the only person who like that song so much. This album could have sold way more than it did, but It did sell a lot anywayz.

My name is supposed to be in the cd inlay. Where it has the names of all the ppl who sent them Fanmail from '94-'98. I always start looking for it but I never finish

Comment

I hate the comparism to DC...DC are the most successful girlgroup in the world!thats a fact!

But I have to say how much I love Unpretty!!!!!How beautiful is this song?
                                          Life tastes better with music
                                          Instagram: DC34ever

Comment

I like TLC better than DC3.

Comment

Destiny's Child have not beaten TLC yet. I hate when this gets brought up cause it annoys me when some DC3 fans say they are the biggest selling without any proof. Beyonce has said it many times before but it is not true! Sure Destiny's Child are probably the most popular group at the moment but they have not beaten TLC yet.
                                              And to be honest I don't think they ever will. Cause when TLC come back they'll sell a lot of records cause every one loves and you don't really get that with DC they have fans but even there fans say bad shit about them.
                                              And Dixie Chicks are the biggest selling female group of all time now they beat TLC. But TLC are still the biggest selling rnb group of all time. And if DC do beat TLC on that, the fact will always remain that
                                              TLC ARE THE BIGGEST SELLING FEMALE GROUP OF THE 90's!
                                              Ashanti - Love Her Or Leave Her Alone.

Comment

Go Dixie Chicks! When are TLC "coming back"??? I thought this reality show was just to promote the Greatest Hits?

Comment

Originally posted by TheSource
                                                  Destiny's Child have not beaten TLC yet. I hate when this gets brought up cause it annoys me when some DC3 fans say they are the biggest selling without any proof. Beyonce has said it many times before but it is not true! Sure Destiny's Child are probably the most popular group at the moment but they have not beaten TLC yet.
                                                  And to be honest I don't think they ever will. Cause when TLC come back they'll sell a lot of records cause every one loves and you don't really get that with DC they have fans but even there fans say bad shit about them.
                                                  And Dixie Chicks are the biggest selling female group of all time now they beat TLC. But TLC are still the biggest selling rnb group of all time. And if DC do beat TLC on that, the fact will always remain that
                                                  TLC ARE THE BIGGEST SELLING FEMALE GROUP OF THE 90's!
                                                  WRONG. The Spice Girls are the biggest selling female group of the 90's.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X