X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post
    Best R&B album of all time.

Comment

• Not only Mariah's best album, but greatest album of all times IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guru View Post
        Totally agree. Songs these days are stuck for lack of a better word. Albums in the 90s were so ahead of their time that they created music to last a lifetime.
        Both albums are excellent.

The whole Butterfly album is superb. A couple of tracks had to grew on me (I used to hate "Babydoll" 15 years ago, shame on me) but I can easily listen to the whole album without skipping any tracks now.
        Mariah Carey - Caution

Comment

• I'm surprised it didn't sell more copies

2 #1s
          Her magnum opus

it deserved to be Diamond
          [center:373j9ui8]"Music starts with M and ends with C"

Mariah Carey[/center:373j9ui8]

Comment

• I'm surprised it didn't sell more copies

2 #1s
            Her magnum opus

[center:373j9ui8]"Music starts with M and ends with C"

Mariah Carey[/center:373j9ui8]

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
              I'm surprised it didn't sell more copies

2 #1s
              Her magnum opus

i totally agree. Based on the quality of the tracks and album, this deserved to be diamond. But maybe it’s a good thing it didn’t because it would have been over exposed and not appreciated for what it is and means today. I listen to this album more than any diamond album (like Usher Confessions and *NSync No Strings Attached).
              | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• Originally posted by gillyberto View Post
                No, I think it was just a promo single. :x
                Correct. But to think even this promo had a (live) video with Brian!
                | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• Just wanted to mention that Close My Eyes is my all time fave from MC. The words relate in so many ways.
                  This album itself, minus the glorious singles, was pure fire!!! I really wish CME and Beautiful Ones received video treatment.

Comment

• Close My Eyes is one of her best songs EVER. I would've loved a video for it.

The song is so dreamy, and dem lyrics pure poetry <3

---

The Beautiful Ones is Mariah's best cover.

Comment

• Magnificent song. Like [MENTION=37273]Shaka[/MENTION] said its so dreamy just like poetry. This song is so special to me and means alot.
                      Proceed with Caution

Comment

• Originally posted by lambforever View Post
                        Magnificent song. Like [MENTION=37273]Shaka[/MENTION] said its so dreamy just like poetry. This song is so special to me and means alot.
                        Definitely a fan favorite! <3

She should add the track to the setlist, not permanently but for some shows.

I'd love to hear this song live if she comes to my country...

---

Love this performance!

Comment

• It would be a nice addition to the setlist for a night or two
                          Proceed with Caution

Comment

• I wish Mariah would listen to the fans and have era segments of her catalog.

Imagine having a concert set list with a Butterfly medley of hits.

I suggest it should be like this for Butterfly medley:

1. The Roof (Back in Time)
                            2. Close My Eyes
                            3. Breakdown
                            4. Whenever You Call

Of course, "Honey" and "My All" should be on the main set list.

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack View Post
                              I wish Mariah would listen to the fans and have era segments of her catalog.

Imagine having a concert set list with a Butterfly medley of hits.

I suggest it should be like this for Butterfly medley:

1. The Roof (Back in Time)
                              2. Close My Eyes
                              3. Breakdown
                              4. Whenever You Call

Of course, "Honey" and "My All" should be on the main set list.

Someone said at one of her Caution Tour dates that she suggested having a show or something dedicated to individual albums. I think it was TEOM though.

Comment

• I'd be so here for a Butterfly medley and a TEOM medley, damn, girl.
                                Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• I've always been Team The Roof but man, Breakdown is such a great written song too.
                                  DISCOGS | LAST.FM | INSTAGRAM

Comment

• Last edited by DNK; Wed May 1st, 2019, 11:58.
                                    Mariah Carey the best singer of all time
                                    My Queen! My Goddess! My Idol!
                                    Forever and always!

Comment

• Imagine, anyone, she would do an Unplugged 2.0 and have the beautiful piano version of Close my Eyes in the setlist.. I would scream, faint and die.
                                      My Chart

Comment

• Splendid record. I absolutely love it.
                                        Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• She has so many best albums for me
                                          Underneath The Stars

Comment

• Originally posted by musiclover2174 View Post
                                            I've always been Team The Roof but man, Breakdown is such a great written song too.
                                            It honestly took me years to get into The Roof. I never got what everyone saw in it. More recently though I can see why it’s a vibe. I love when she writes songs where the lyrics are telling a story.

Breakdown on the other hand was instant and relatable to me. I cried many nights to it.

Comment

• I did this in photoshop for "The Butterfly Room" fan board back then... when I was 16... so 14 years ago.
                                              https://soundcloud.com/hephaestusdog

Comment

• Released on this day in 1997

Comment

• One of the greatest records of all time. Vocally, lyrically, sonically, visually...
                                                  The vibe and the feeling of this album is still unparalleled.

Comment

• OMG! I just realized that Mariah released 3 singles in less than a month!!! Why?
                                                    1. "Honey"
                                                      Released: August 26, 1997
                                                    2. "Butterfly"
                                                      Released: December 1, 1997
                                                    3. "The Roof"
                                                      Released: March 20, 1998
                                                    4. "Breakdown"
                                                      Released: March 24, 1998
                                                    5. "My All"
                                                      Released: April 21, 1998

Comment

Working...
                                                    X