Leave a comment:

• GoodBoyGoneBad
    replied
    This album is so beautiful!

Leave a comment:

• sambo9
    replied
    Lucky lamb. :x

I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't immediately get into this. It took a few weeks for me to finally appreciate its brilliance.

Leave a comment:

• Benjamin
    replied
    Originally posted by sambo9
    Originally posted by gillyberto
    I want a mariah avatar! :evil: :x
    I just don't know where to find "good" pictures of her.
    Sam, do you get your pictures from a particular site?
    I've just searched to the far corners of the internet for many hours. There are some good galleries out there, for example, on her last.fm page. Then just edit them on an online picture editor.

I don't do much searching any more though. I had over 1,000 Mariah pictures saved on my computer at one point.

BanZai - How did you get hold of the edition with the alternative artwork? I've been looking for one for such a long time. Britain tends to only get the original cover.
    I just found a copy in my local recordstore.

Leave a comment:

• gillyberto
    replied
    Thank you so much sam!
    Her last.fm gallery is so amazing!

Leave a comment:

• sambo9
    replied
    Originally posted by gillyberto
    I've just searched to the far corners of the internet for many hours. There are some good galleries out there, for example, on her last.fm page. Then just edit them on an online picture editor.

I don't do much searching any more though. I had over 1,000 Mariah pictures saved on my computer at one point.

BanZai - How did you get hold of the edition with the alternative artwork? I've been looking for one for such a long time. Britain tends to only get the original cover.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    This album has grown on me a lot. Butterfly is a superb song. I always rated it, and love it even more now

Leave a comment:

• gillyberto
    replied
    That cover is better than the original.
    I have it with the other cover though.

Leave a comment:

• Benjamin
    replied
    Originally posted by BanZai
    FINALLY bought this album the other day!
    I'm dying to hear your views on it!
    As Mariah's my alltime fav. artist (along with Christina, I really can't choose) I've heard the songs on the album all before (as most of them are in my iTunes), but not all of them together, so I will definitly write a good review soon.

My albumcover is a little different than the standard I used to know. My cover has Mariah from the side (as the picture above).

Leave a comment:

• gillyberto
    replied

Leave a comment:

• sambo9
    replied
    I'm dying to hear your views on it!

Leave a comment:

• gillyberto
    replied
    Was 'Whenever You Call' an actual single?
    No, I think it was just a promo single. :x

Leave a comment:

• xtofer
    replied
    TEOM is her best.

Leave a comment:

• Benjamin
    replied
    Was 'Whenever You Call' an actual single?

Leave a comment:

• NothingFails
    replied
    Not her absolute best, but up there. This, the debut and Mimi are definitely her "trifecta" IMO. Every 7-8 years she does her best work, LOL

Leave a comment:

• pollei
    replied
    It's not her very best for me, but still, a nice album.

Leave a comment:

• Benjamin
    replied

Leave a comment:

• gaz_uk
    replied
    Do you prefer this over "Charmbracelet" now?
    Hmmm... It's really close between the two actually. But these days I generally give the edge to "Butterfly" because her vocals were better on that album, plus the era in general was just much better.

"Bringing On The Heartbreak" is still by far my favourite Mariah track ever though.

Leave a comment:

• sambo9
    replied
    Originally posted by gaz_uk
    Her best album IMO.

A classy blend of R&B/Hip Hop/Pop, stunning vocal delivery, and beautifully written songs. With this album she managed to produce a very contemporary sound without trying too hard to sound young or "cool".
    Nicely said.
    Do you prefer this over "Charmbracelet" now?

Leave a comment:

• gaz_uk
    replied
    Her best album IMO.

A classy blend of R&B/Hip Hop/Pop, stunning vocal delivery, and beautifully written songs. With this album she managed to produce a very contemporary sound without trying too hard to sound young or "cool".

Leave a comment:

• j2o
    replied
    Originally posted by FreakyFlyBry
    I voted "no", though I feel it's one of her essential "trifecta" along with Music Box and Daydream.
    I agree with that comment, except I include Merry Christmas in there as well.

Leave a comment:

• LoseMyBreath
    replied
    Yes

Leave a comment:

• Breathe
    replied
    I don't this woman has a, "best" album. She has many great records and this is one of them.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    Artistically, its her most important effort, and IMO the record that helped define the modern RnB genre. Its a great record, but far from her best IMO

Leave a comment:

• FreakyFlyBry
    replied
    I voted "no", though I feel it's one of her essential "trifecta" along with Music Box and Daydream.

"The Roof" is one of her most underrated songs ever. Ironically on this one, I prefer the less successful singles (such as that, "Breakdown" and "Whenever You Call") over the more successful singles!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X