Comment

• Playing Fourth of July today. A gem!
      See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate

Comment

• I bought three albums in one go as part of my first ever CD purchase. This, Will Smith GJWI and Backstreets Back.
          | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• Originally posted by Preyoncé View Post
            OMG! I just realized that Mariah released 3 singles in less than a month!!! Why?
            1. "Honey"
              Released: August 26, 1997
            2. "Butterfly"
              Released: December 1, 1997
            3. "The Roof"
              Released: March 20, 1998
            4. "Breakdown"
              Released: March 24, 1998
            5. "My All"
              Released: April 21, 1998
            This happened quite a bit I think with big 90s albums as you’d get different singles for different markets or purposes (e.g. Celine released 4 singles in two months with Lets Talk About Love).

I also gave Fourth of July some love yesterday - underrated song.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post

This happened quite a bit I think with big 90s albums as you’d get different singles for different markets or purposes (e.g. Celine released 4 singles in two months with Lets Talk About Love).

I also gave Fourth of July some love yesterday - underrated song.
              they killed the momentum. I wonder what would happen if they released "my all" as a 2nd single

Comment

• Originally posted by gorgonzola View Post

they killed the momentum. I wonder what would happen if they released "my all" as a 2nd single
                I mean, My All did become a #1 single despite of all the other releases? Were you thinking that it would've moved album sales more if they skipped the other releases?

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

I mean, My All did become a #1 single despite of all the other releases? Were you thinking that it would've moved album sales more if they skipped the other releases?
                  totally yes.. also I dont think "my all" moved sales so much ... and I didnt understand, why 5th single released as official, others were promo

Comment

• "The Beautiful Ones" just might be her finest cover.
                    Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Stay (not the Rihanna one)

Your heart is coloured with the love wrapped in the brilliant blue sky above, the breadth of the jewelled oceans, and the pure heat of the golden sun. And your heart is home to the cosmic creation that is you.

Comment

• I feel like the songs here are the ones that failed to make it into Daydream, with the exception of My All and Honey. I remember listening to it for the first time and had that feeling it didn’t sound “fresh”. Her name sold it IMO.

Comment

• Released on this day in 1997!

Comment

Working...
                        X