Mariah Carey - Butterfly [album]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BanZai
    FINALLY bought this album the other day!
    I'm dying to hear your views on it!

Comment

I want a mariah avatar! :evil: :x
      I just don't know where to find "good" pictures of her.
      Sam, do you get your pictures from a particular site?

Comment

Originally posted by sambo9
        As Mariah's my alltime fav. artist (along with Christina, I really can't choose) I've heard the songs on the album all before (as most of them are in my iTunes), but not all of them together, so I will definitly write a good review soon.

My albumcover is a little different than the standard I used to know. My cover has Mariah from the side (as the picture above).
        Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

That cover is better than the original.
          I have it with the other cover though.

Comment

This album has grown on me a lot. Butterfly is a superb song. I always rated it, and love it even more now

Comment

Originally posted by gillyberto
              I've just searched to the far corners of the internet for many hours. There are some good galleries out there, for example, on her last.fm page. Then just edit them on an online picture editor.

I don't do much searching any more though. I had over 1,000 Mariah pictures saved on my computer at one point.

BanZai - How did you get hold of the edition with the alternative artwork? I've been looking for one for such a long time. Britain tends to only get the original cover. :(

Comment

Thank you so much sam!
                Her last.fm gallery is so amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by gillyberto
                  I've just searched to the far corners of the internet for many hours. There are some good galleries out there, for example, on her last.fm page. Then just edit them on an online picture editor.

I don't do much searching any more though. I had over 1,000 Mariah pictures saved on my computer at one point.

BanZai - How did you get hold of the edition with the alternative artwork? I've been looking for one for such a long time. Britain tends to only get the original cover. :(
                  I just found a copy in my local recordstore.
                  Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

Lucky lamb. :x

I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't immediately get into this. It took a few weeks for me to finally appreciate its brilliance.

Comment

This album is so beautiful!
                      My Chart

My Rihanna Countdown

Comment

I think that yes, its her best
                        honey is her best song

Comment

Definitely yes, and in fact, one of the best albums EVER for me!

It's practically the kick on this whole R&B/Pop Era we're living until now, her most importat record for sure, great songs, great lyrics, great cover, great vocals, everything's perfect in there for me!

Fave tracks are Breakdown, The Beautiful Ones, The Roof, Babydoll, Close My Eyes, Fly Away and Honey
                          Me Facebook | Me LastFM

Comment

Yes! As a die-hard lamb mafia (lol!), i definitely think that Butterfly is her best (followed by TEOM and Daydream). My favorite tracks:

Fourth of July - Yes it sounds like Underneath The Stars from Daydream but is a gazillion times better! Everytime I heear "it was twilight...", I get chills! Her delivery in this song is just superb; constrained but still smooth and sweet. And I just love that July note in the 2nd chorus "lyyy-yaaaa-aaa-aii..." (yes I do note these small things)

Babydoll - LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS SONG!!!!! Probably my favorite Mariah track. The bridge is just lush especially the part where she sings "But don't keep me at bay coz I won't be waiting longggggggg"

Other favs: Breakdown, My All and Honey

Basically what I love about the album is that the tracks are all intricately crafted and embellished from start to finish. I really love her bridges in Outside and Babydoll, the buildup in Butterfly and My All and of course the backing vocals/background vocals like she really wants everything and every note to be perfect to the millisecond. I think I am only as impressed recently with the whole classic Mariah background vocals in I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time from the last album. Overall, definitely her best effort.
                            Emeli | Taylor

Comment

I'm not very keen on this album, but one of my favorite Mariah songs is on this album, "The Roof"

Comment

Real toss-up between this and TEOM for my favourite... I think I'd say this because of Fourth of July and Breakdown They should have released the latter properly, can't believe this album only got 2 proper singles in the US!

Comment

I voted yes. My favourite MC album. Also the first album of hers I bought. 'Honey' was the song that made me love Mariah. Hot video, great track. For me her most consistent album.
                                  If I die today I'll be the Happy Phantom & I'll go chasing the nun's out in the yard.

Comment

I love this album this TEOM and Daydream I'd say my faves from Mimi.

Comment

I would say that Butterfly is my favourite full album from Mariah, closely followed by Daydream and Emanicipation of Mimi.

First of all, Honey is fierce! Best lead single for me! From the production and sample, the hook, the vocals, the notes... THAT video!!

Breakdown is also one of my all-time MC faves. Running BNTH toe-to-toe on one epic thug ballad that revolutionised the R&B singer/gangsta rapper ballad combo long before anyone else.

...and as for The Roof... well... I can't even know what to say.
                                      Addict. Advocate. Author. Artist.
                                      My journey of R&B, addiction and superheroes....
                                      www.rawirijames.com
                                      #LostBoy album and novel OUT NOW!

Comment

I voted no because I love her debut and EOM a bit more. I fell in love with Mariah during the Emotions-era and so "Butterfly" was a big shock for me a first cause Mariahs voice sounded less soulful and her vocal delivery was quite strange (she started to run through her octaves with every single word she sung. She kinda brought the trend of oversinging that has already fallen on my nerves on "One sweet day" to the next level with the "Butterfly"-album). When I got used to "the new Mariah" I fell deeply in love with that album. But I still don't care for the songs "Outside" and "Babydoll". I love "Close my eyes" (the only song I loved from the start), "My all", "The roof" and "The beautifuil ones" the most.
                                        And if I only could
                                        I'd make a deal with God
                                        And I'd get him to swap our places

(Kate Bush - Running up that hill)

Comment

I love this album, and I agree with the majority, it is one of her best.

My personal fave is 'Rainbow' though.
                                          UKMix Best Debut Single - Countdown

Comment

This album is a very good album and Butterfky is a beautiful song.

But for me Daydream is her best era. The album was amazing, I loved the way she looked and the singles she released. It was all perfect IMO

Comment

Where the bloody hell is the original Butterfly himself, Sam? :(

Comment

As Mariah's my alltime fav. artist (along with Christina, I really can't choose) I've heard the songs on the album all before (as most of them are in my iTunes), but not all of them together, so I will definitly write a good review soon.

My albumcover is a little different than the standard I used to know. My cover has Mariah from the side (as the picture above).
                                                I bought my copy today and thats the one I got as well for $4.

Comment

her deepest, purest, most sincere and philosophized album yet. A true rnb/hip-hop classic which completely re-defined MC's career!
                                                  Madonna Addict

Comment

It's 25 Vs 25 now
                                                    Who are the most favorite hip hop acts on UkMix?

Find out here!!!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X