"I can feel it when your holding me close

You're like your one of the world wonders

I know I’m going under..."

Comment

Originally posted by Dru4life
      Daydream and TEOM until the end.
      Butterfly is better.

Comment

I love this album.My 6th fav. PUre magic mainly in The Roof and Outside.

The video for Roof is amazing.It's really show Mariah's directing =)

The Roof is the fav off the album then Outside and Honey/Fourth of July .For me its not the best album but one of the Best!
        P=MC2's Top 20
        Originally posted by Merci
        Poszilicious, pussy served delicious!

Comment

'Honey' is really amazing.

Comment

I think Daydream, debut, Music Box and TEOM are her best albums.

I really never cared for this album. It's one of my least favorites along with Memoirs, CHarmbraclet and Glitter. I actually probably liked more songs off Rainbow originally....

But I really liked "My all", one of my favorite ballads from her, as well as "close your eyes" and "whenever you call (I prefer the duet with Brian Mcknight on #1's though), "outside" , and of course "Honey". Wasn't actually that crazy for the song "Butterfly" itself.

Comment

I love this album, second after Daydream!

This is very consistent, it has a concept that flows from track to track, unlike other Mariah albums that practically have a mix of this and that, and a little of those, and then she releases the album.

She has patterned most of her new albums to this. The Emancipation of Mimi comes close though, but that was more of a feel-good party record with live instruments for the ballads, and some old school jams.

This is Mariah's most solid album ever conceptwise!

Comment

Yes! Of course it is her best album! I'm still in love with Butterfly <3

1. Butterfly
                2. Daydream
                3. TEOM
                Haven't been early since '88

Comment

For Me Butterfly is only in the middle at 6th
                  P=MC2's Top 20

Comment

Originally posted by PosziMC2
                    IMO the album is perfect. The Roof is my all time favorite Mariah song,
                    Haven't been early since '88

Comment

Originally posted by mattsky
                      Originally posted by PosziMC2
                      IMO the album is perfect. The Roof is my all time favorite Mariah song,
                      The Roof is classic my 11th
                      P=MC2's Top 20

Comment

I love The Roof! Top 10 for me!

Comment

The vocals on "My all""butterfly","Outside" are Out of this universe.

I'd say the melismatic phrases on the last two of them surpass VOL's in terms of difficulty.I'd like to see Glee's Rachel try it(seeing as how she's easily the best vocalist around now)

But then again I'd love for her to attempt My all,Can't take that away and my saving grace as well.

Comment

i just got the album 2 hours ago
                            P=MC2's Top 20

Comment

Originally posted by sambo9

Her best era and album was "Butterfly". The singles were superb, the videos were very classy, her look and image was perfect - it was sexy, but still very mature and elegant, and her voice and sound was just incredible. Butterfly is one of, if not my favourite album of all time. Every track is smoothly produced, beautifully shaped and arranged to showcase Mariah's moving and powerful vocal abilities as well as her inspired, and much commended transition to a more R&B influenced sound.
                              Honey - A real triumph for Mariah. The production and use of the two samples was genius.

Butterfly - Absolutely spectacular. Exhilarating in every sense. Its build-up is marvellously done, and Mariah vocals have never been so emotional.

My All - This gave Mariah her 13th #1 single. The song’s Spanish feel made it feel mysterious, and it still gives me goose bumps to watch the video now. It’s such an addictive, hypnotising ballad that draws you in after a few lines. Mariah’s vocals are as powerful as ever, and they're much more emotive, and even more beautiful. Her contrast from whispery verses to belting choruses is wonderful. She carries the song beautifully throughout. I never get bored of this, and it’s one of my favourite ballads of all time too. Mariah’s image, vocals and emotion at her very best.

The Roof - Very sensual and enjoyable. One of my favourite uses of a sample in a song. The video suited the song's laid-back and relaxing atmosphere.

Close My Eyes - Now, this is one of the most beautiful ballads ever, IMO. The piano accompaniment in this is just indescribable. Mariah's soft and emotional vocals lift the song to another level. As I have probably said before, "Butterfly" is the one of the greatest album to just sit down, and relax to. It's the ultimate chill-out collection, and this song is the highlight. Mariah holds back in this personal, reflective and emotional ballad and sings such wonderful lyrics. This is a real hidden gem, and I know this is one of Mariah’s favourites too. She performed it wonderfully on the Rosie O’Donnell show in 1998.

The Beautiful Ones - An inspired cover of one of my favourite Prince songs. As the song developes, you can feel yourself connecting with it more and more. It's quite lengthy, but the parts are shared more or less equally by Dru Hill and Mariah. This duet works incredibly well IMO. Their vocals blend together so perfectly.
                              I have to agree with this! 100%

Butterfly probably is an album that would deserve to be called perfect, because it really is.

The music is just so well written und produced and also performed by Mariah. Her voices gives those songs life and meaning and soul and it opens the listener's heart and when you feel the songs, you will probably never forget them in your life. Butterfly (the song) is a personal anthem for me, because the music is what caught my attention and the lyrics are what kept me listening to it seriously. My All is just like Butterfly the type of song that reaches to your soul, because it's so laid-back as Sam said and the lyrics are from the heart saying what, I believe, many people sometimes want to say to their loved ones.

Butterfly has become the one album I could never live without. I listen to it to comfort me, or to relax or to think about stuff that's going on in my life and it allures me magneticly.
                              My Chart

Comment

I love that she mixes everything right on this era. The soulful vibe, the hip-hop side, the dance mix feel, the sexy image, everything was just the right dose.

After Butterfly, she was overdoing things!

Comment

2nd best for me.

Comment

Amazing album. Wasn't keen at first, but each song, one by one, has grown on me. Can see why MC claims this as her magnum opus, this is truly album, if ever there was one.

The Beautiful Ones is one of my favourite MC songs. I usually like a song to be around 3 minutes long, but this, standing at 7 minutes, works so well. Love that it goes on and on, with belts and singing. Ultimate slow jam.

Also, My All. One of MC's best ballads. Genius Spanish tinge. Can't describe how amazing the My All/Stay Awhile Remix is. There are no words.

Comment

Unlike most lambs, i don't really like this album. :-?
                                      But the album cover is her best especially the alternate version. I also love the singles, Honey, Butterfly and My All. That's all.

Comment

The Roof is my face track from this album absolutely flawless

Comment

Sorry to say, i usually skip 3 tracks: Fourth Of July, Babydoll and The Beautiful Ones :-?
                                          This album overall is just not my taste
                                          My All is one of her best though. Honey is a classic and Butterfly is epic. Whenever You Call and Close My Eyes are good, i like the vocal. The Roof is also good but a bit overrated

Comment

This is such a cohesive masterpiece. The Roof Is without a doubt the best song she has ever recorded. The song of her career IMO.

Comment

My All is just epic. The Spanish-feel of the song is amazing.

Comment

I don't understand the hate Babydoll gets.

I don't mean to offend anybody, but maybe it's because you guys aren't American...
                                                I can feel this light that's inside of me, growing fast into a bolt of lightning. I know one spark will shock the world...
                                                --Katy Perry

Comment

Absolutely love this album. One of her best, if not, the best!

The Roof, My All, Outside, Whenever You Call... hell, all the songs except the remixes <3 <3 <3
                                                  Dans ce convoi de larmes
                                                  Je te dédie ma mort
                                                  Et je saigne, saigne encore...

Comment

• Originally posted by lundpop
                                                    Absolutely love this album. One of her best, if not, the best!

The Roof, My All, Outside, Whenever You Call... hell, all the songs except the remixes <3 <3 <3
                                                    The remixes for Honey are weave-snatchin, career killers. They vocally slay. Especially the So So Def Remix.

Easily among Mariah's three best albums. Several of the songs are in my Top 20.

This is when we really began to gett to know Mariah.
                                                    I can feel this light that's inside of me, growing fast into a bolt of lightning. I know one spark will shock the world...
                                                    --Katy Perry

Comment

Working...
                                                    X