• Originally posted by stevyy
      divas in comparison:

1. 1997 Butterfly
      2. 1998 My Love is your Love
      3. 1997 Let's Talk about Love
      4. 1998 Ray of Light
      5. 1997 The Velvet Rope
      I can live with that.
      I can feel this light that's inside of me, growing fast into a bolt of lightning. I know one spark will shock the world...
      --Katy Perry

Comment

• Originally posted by Titan3510
        Originally posted by stevyy
        divas in comparison:

1. 1997 Butterfly
        2. 1998 My Love is your Love
        3. 1997 Let's Talk about Love
        4. 1998 Ray of Light
        5. 1997 The Velvet Rope
        I can live with that.
        The velvet rope is certainly better than number 2 and 3

Comment

• Originally posted by Titan3510
          The remixes for Honey are weave-snatchin, career killers. They vocally slay. Especially the So So Def Remix.
          Sorry, I don't like either of them
          Dans ce convoi de larmes
          Je te dédie ma mort
          Et je saigne, saigne encore...

Comment

• I could live with The Beautiful Ones in my ears forever, a sublime cover.

Comment

• The best remix of Honey is the Bad Boy Remix!

Comment

• Nah, the So So Def Remix >>>>

Comment

• Originally posted by lundpop
                  Originally posted by Titan3510
                  The remixes for Honey are weave-snatchin, career killers. They vocally slay. Especially the So So Def Remix.
                  Sorry, I don't like either of them
                  Just because you don't like them doesn't take away from the fact that they have absolutely incredible vocals.
                  I can feel this light that's inside of me, growing fast into a bolt of lightning. I know one spark will shock the world...
                  --Katy Perry

Comment

• I love Babydoll!

Comment

• An extremely overrated Mariah's album, easily among my top 3 least fave albums from her. I love My All, Honey and Butterfly. Breakdown is fine. The Roof is okay (although extremely overrated among fans). But the rest songs are meh, so boring, especially Babydoll and Beautiful Ones, 2 of my least fave songs from her ever. i rarely listen to this album.

Comment

• Hey guys, I just made a write-up and ranking of Mariah's albums based on my preference.

I hope you guys check it out and comment on it!

http://www.ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.p ... 56#3289256

Thanks!

Comment

• Of course this IS her best album
                          Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• This is easily her best work. It has great vocals, her best lyrics yet and superb production.

Finally, the sublime track that is Babydoll has grown on me. I now love every single song on the album, the worst being Fourth of July.

Comment

• My 2nd fave Mariah album, after Music Box.

Comment

• One of her best albums.

My All, The Roof, Breakdown, Honey, Butterfly are the five best tracks IMO.
                                DISCOGS | LAST.FM | INSTAGRAM

Comment

• My personal ranking of the tracks from this album would be:

1. Butterfly
                                  2. The Roof
                                  3. Close My Eyes
                                  4. Whenever You Call
                                  5. Breakdown
                                  6. The Beautiful Ones
                                  7. Outside
                                  8. Fourth of July
                                  9. My All
                                  10. Babydoll
                                  11. Honey
                                  12. Fly Away

*plays the whole album*

Comment

• If "Butterfly" was the lead single (not that I don't like "Honey", I think it's a perfect lead single) she would have gotten really huge opening sales (and probably total sales).

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack
                                      If "Butterfly" was the lead single (not that I don't like "Honey", I think it's a perfect lead single) she would have gotten really huge opening sales (and probably total sales).
                                      Never. Honey was the only lead single from that album.

Butterfly is a great song, but I don't think it was ever for radio.

Comment

• This album has been growing on me a lot lately. I still don't consider it her best but it's definitely Top...5.
                                        Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Good 4 U [13 weeks]

Remember that you are water. Cry. Cleanse. Flow.
                                        Remember that you are fire. Burn. Tame. Ignite.
                                        Remember that you are air. Be still. Focus. Decide.
                                        Remember that you are earth. Ground. Build. Give.

Comment

• Well you should be playing 4th of July....its tradition!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bsquared
                                            Originally posted by GetBack
                                            If "Butterfly" was the lead single (not that I don't like "Honey", I think it's a perfect lead single) she would have gotten really huge opening sales (and probably total sales).

Didn't I said that "Honey" was a perfect lead single in my post?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bsquared
                                              Originally posted by GetBack

Butterfly was sent to the radios and got nice nice airplay it could've been a Top 10/5 hit for her easily.
                                              P=MC2's Top 20
                                              Originally posted by Merci
                                              Poszilicious, pussy served delicious!

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack
                                                really huge? so selling 5m copies isn't huge?? (soundscan 3,8 million)

I only wished the album would have done better in the UK and Europe in general. 10m in total globally isn't bad.. but a huge decrease from Daydreams 20-21 million.

Butterfly (the song) was very popular in the US. sad they never released a single.. but i guess it helped the album selling as much as it did in the US.

in the end.. this 5 million seller only had 2 proper singles in the US.. what an achievement.. and those were released with a 1 year gap between them... awkward.
                                                My Chart

Comment

• @stevyy: Getback was writting about the opening sales (236k) which could've been huger ...
                                                  Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timmy94
                                                    @stevyy: Getback was writting about the opening sales (236k) which could've been huger ...
                                                    in the 90's there were only a few artists which had big opening sales. and 236k was huge for her standards back then.
                                                    My Chart

Comment

Working...
                                                    X