No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey - Butterfly [album]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder how many songs she recorded for this era. It would be amazing for Sony to reissue this with a second disc of unreleased material (as well as for all her Sony studio albums).

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy
      I'm always coming back to this album, like it's my lifeline. I think it's become part of my soul.
      Floped and localed

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack
        I wonder how many songs she recorded for this era. It would be amazing for Sony to reissue this with a second disc of unreleased material (as well as for all her Sony studio albums).
        I don't think she recorded extra tracks. She was making albums like a machine. I guess when she finished ten tracks, they threw in a cover song and a remix interlude and release it with the quickness.

Comment

• Originally posted by intosoul
          Originally posted by GetBack
          I wonder how many songs she recorded for this era. It would be amazing for Sony to reissue this with a second disc of unreleased material (as well as for all her Sony studio albums).
          I don't think she recorded extra tracks. She was making albums like a machine. I guess when she finished ten tracks, they threw in a cover song and a remix interlude and release it with the quickness.
          True. I don't think there's a lot of unreleased songs in the vault from her. The songs that didn't make the final cut were eventually released as B-sides so there's really nothing "unreleased". At least from her Columbia years.
          "Dion's voice glides effortlessly from deep whispers to dead-on high notes, a sweet siren that combines force with grace."
          - Time

Comment

• Saw this thread now and decided to play this album while typing this.
            This is my fave MC album. The emotions she expressed here felt like it was her heart and soul. So much soul. And this is where she started her whisper register.

My All was my jam
            | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• One of my favorites, it's her artistic peak.

One of the few albums where I can cry because it fits so scarily well into my past.

True beauty
              Please Stop the Music

Comment

• It's amazing how she was able to squeeze in "My All" when it sounded so different than any of the songs here.

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack
                  It's amazing how she was able to squeeze in "My All" when it sounded so different than any of the songs here.
                  Yes. For me I immediately loved the I guitar intro but it did feel strange that it wasn't another piano heavy song that gained success.
                  | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• Originally posted by dhenapie
                    Originally posted by intosoul
                    Originally posted by GetBack
                    True. I don't think there's a lot of unreleased songs in the vault from her. The songs that didn't make the final cut were eventually released as B-sides so there's really nothing "unreleased". At least from her Columbia years.
                    They sure knew how to milk her

Comment

• Her best album next to Daydream & Music Box.

Comment

• Whenever You Call might be her most beautiful song ever.

Comment

• ^ I kind of agree. I really love the song, although sometimes it feels unfinished for some odd reason (Unpopular opinion: I slightly prefer the Brian duet on #1's). And this was probably one of the first songs recorded for Butterfly. Her vocals sound so Daydream-ish here (also on Outside and parts of My All).
                          "Dion's voice glides effortlessly from deep whispers to dead-on high notes, a sweet siren that combines force with grace."
                          - Time

Comment

• I listened to this album over the weekend, and it just clicked with me. Every song is somewhere along the spectrum of outstanding craftsmanship and dizzying brilliance. "The Beautiful Ones", in particular, has just sunk its teeth into my soul, and refuses to let go.

It's taken a few years for me to come around, but I finally agree with this being deemed her magnum opus.
                            Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Good 4 U [11 weeks] + Drake invasion

Your heart is coloured with the love wrapped in the brilliant blue sky above, the breadth of the jewelled oceans, and the pure heat of the golden sun. And your heart is home to the cosmic creation that is you.

Comment

• Originally posted by JSparksFan
                              I listened to this album over the weekend, and it just clicked with me. Every song is somewhere along the spectrum of outstanding craftsmanship and dizzying brilliance. "The Beautiful Ones", in particular, has just sunk its teeth into my soul, and refuses to let go.

It's taken a few years for me to come around, but I finally agree with this being deemed her magnum opus.
                              Yeeeeees good for you!
                              It took me some time as well but when I got older it just clicked.

Comment

• Originally posted by JSparksFan
                                I listened to this album over the weekend, and it just clicked with me. Every song is somewhere along the spectrum of outstanding craftsmanship and dizzying brilliance. "The Beautiful Ones", in particular, has just sunk its teeth into my soul, and refuses to let go.

Yes sis. This album is legit everything. A masterpiece.

Outside still gives me the holy ghost, chills and makes tear up.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThaInfo1
                                  Originally posted by JSparksFan

Yes sis. This album is legit everything. A masterpiece.

Outside still gives me the holy ghost, chills and makes tear up.
                                  The last minute is

Comment

• A R&B-Hip-Hop please. God, this is CELESTIAL.

Babydoll >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                                    You ain't gotta break down,
                                    YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"

Comment

• today I had my first ever parents teacher conference... i was so nervous and guess which album I played to find my inner strength and peace... Butterfly. It saved me once again. My conference was an utter success btw.
                                      My Chart

Comment

• Sans doute, her best.

Comment

• Hard to believe this masterpiece came from the same woman we have today.

Comment

• After listening to the acapella version of Outside, I don't think I'll ever use the regular version of it again.
                                            - Time

Comment

• This is one of the best R&B albums of the 1990s, it's sad that it gets overlooked because of Mariah's current image. I mean, it's up there with The Velvet Rope, My Life and The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill and those other great albums.

Originally posted by TheRealest
                                              Hard to believe this masterpiece came from the same woman we have today.
                                              I totally agree, who would have thought that it would all come to this twenty years after!?

Comment

• Originally posted by dhenapie
                                                After listening to the acapella version of Outside, I don't think I'll ever use the regular version of it again.
                                                !!!!
                                                Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• I’ve come to the conclusion recently that my all time fave personal song of hers is Close My Eyes

Comment

• Originally posted by Guru
                                                    I’ve come to the conclusion recently that my all time fave personal song of hers is Close My Eyes
                                                    I agree! Everything she released post-Walter Afanasieff can't come close to the brilliance of their work together, and that includes the amazing "We Belong Together".

Comment

Working...
                                                    X