9. I Used To Love Him
    10. Forgive Them Father
    11. Every Ghetto, Every City
    12. Nothing Even Matters
    13. Everything is Everything
    14. The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill
    15. Can't Take My Eyes Off of You
    16. Tell Him (Live)
    One of the best albums of all time. Full stop. Enough said.

This truely is one of the best soul/R&B/Hip-hop albums of all time. Very few people can be so strong at rapping and singing, and Miss Lauryn Hill excels in both. I can never choose which one she does better because she does both better than the singers/rappers who just do one task. Her beautiful soulful vocals are shown on tracks like "Ex-Factor", and her rapping swagger is put on full blast in songs like "Lost Ones".
    This is one album that deserved to sell every sale it sold.
    Shame that we may never get a sophomore from Lauryn! :(

Classic album indeed. Her music and lyrics were so inspiring. She had something to say, messages to spread. The album might be called 'Miseducation' but I think she educated a lot of people with her music. I miss her.
    Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

Among the best R&B tracks ever can be found here. Shame she hasn't had a follow-up album, but then again, maybe she's afraid of inevitably disappointing and would rather just have one really good album instead of a bunch of flops after.
      Freaky Fly Bry's Top 100

M4B Charts Central

Comment

A masterpiece. I love nearly every track - including the interludes!

Her Unplugged album was a dissapointment, but it was nice to hear from Lauryn again.

Comment

Re: Lauryn Hill - Miseducation of Lauryn Hill

This album is one of my favourites of all time. No filler & some classics on there too. I've been listening to it a lot recently and one of my new favourites is To Zion. The bonus track Tell Him is brilliant also.

Originally posted by UKMusicLova
          Shame that we may never get a sophomore from Lauryn! :(
          Too true :-? :( .
          Just cos I said it, don't mean that I meant it

Comment

I used to be absolutely obsessed with this album - especially the track "Everything Is Everything", which I would sing along to all the time... I even did the rap!
            "I want a man who's kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?"

Comment

Originally posted by FreakyFlyBry
              Among the best R&B tracks ever can be found here. Shame she hasn't had a follow-up album, but then again, maybe she's afraid of inevitably disappointing and would rather just have one really good album instead of a bunch of flops after.
              It's probably a big weight on her shoulders though, if she does ever want to release a 2nd album. Her 1st one is so critically acclaimed by almost everyone, so it would be a huge task to create an album as good. The other part is that she is rather crazy these days, so that's also stopping her from releasing an album.

I always say that Lauryn hill is the only woman in the music industry that can be called a legend off the back of one album!

Comment

Re: Lauryn Hill - Miseducation of Lauryn Hill

One of the best albums of all time. Full stop. Enough said.
                AGREE!

Comment

Originally posted by FreakyFlyBry
                  It's probably a big weight on her shoulders though, if she does ever want to release a 2nd album. Her 1st one is so critically acclaimed by almost everyone, so it would be a huge task to create an album as good. The other part is that she is rather crazy these days, so that's also stopping her from releasing an album.

I always say that Lauryn hill is the only woman in the music industry that can be called a legend off the back of one album!
                  true. she is good doing everything , even crazy lauryn is better than other crazy artists
                  Scholasboy is the nicest person in the entire world

Comment

The 90's definitely were the best years for R&B Music. I'm listening to 'Doo Wop (That Thing)' right now.. they just don't make them as classy anymore I guess. :(

Lauryn's music is positive, pure, educative and hip and timeless at the same time. It's a shame we never got a proper follow up. The world (and the music industry for sure) could use some more positive Lauryn Hill energy.
                    Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

Been listening to this alot for the last few days and I still love it as much as I did back in the late 90s. The only track I don't really like is Final Hour and I would have preferred The Sweetest Thing to be included in here. My favorite would have to be Forgive Them Father, Ex Factor, Nothing Even Matters, The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill and Superstar.

Anybody else wishes that she would record the extended version of Ex Factor with Manifest? I know that the verse is from Manifest/Outro track from The Score and she even uses it for When It Hurts So Bad but I think it really fits Ex Factor as can be heard here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5d-w16gEHQ (Manifest starts at 4:45)

<3 this album I think the lawsuit really affected her and she's scared that if the follow up is not as good, it would only cement the fact that she really didn't produce/write the entire album
                      Emeli | Taylor

Comment

I got back into the album this month for the first time in years. You know a true timeless classic when it still sounds so good over 11 years after its release!

I kind of don't want another album because it will never come close to this. There was a lot of bad blood between her and the team she worked with writing and producing it when they never received royalties and sued her & Columbia.

Comment

Definately my favourite album of all time...!

Seeing this thread has got me listening to it again - lush!

Comment

Quite frankly the best female R&B voice of the last 20 years. period. not just an awesome talented singing voice - the only reason worth watching Sister Act 2 for! - but also the best female MC ever. Lil' Kim my arse.

In a way I like the fact she never released the follow-up (not including the MTV unplugged album). If it turned out to be awful I wouldn't want it to take away anything from this. I don't know a single person who doesn't love this album.

Ex Factor and Lost Ones (love that beat - i have the instrumental!) are my favourites.

Nate James does a surprisingly decent cover of Ex Factor on his Revival covers album, check it out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi6rnfYMzSE
                            "Free me, FreE.M.I!" - sing it Joss!!

Comment

Brilliant album and I never get tired of listening to it.

Comment

Listened to this again today. It just won't get old. After all these years Lauryn still sounds fresh. What a masterpiece!
                                Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

Excellent album. I'm not even a fan of rap, and I enjoy the whole album. My brother actually had it first, and used to play it in the car during long car trips and the rapping would annoy me. But the more I listened to it later, the more I came to realize how talented she is.

I still prefer the songs where she sings, Ex-Factor is my favourite.

Comment

Not on this album but I love how on Killing Me Softly, at the end, it says Lauryn got married, has 13 kids and founded the Third World Order It really is pretty much what she has accomplished, in a way.
                                    Hater-bitch, we're taking you to the left.

Comment

So I decided to buy this yesterday, off the back of liking 'Doo Wop' - I hope I don't regret it.

I've been reading up on her career over the last couple of weeks and I find it all very fascinating. Although I must ask - what has she be doing over the last decade to upset so many people? Which is what I'm lead to believe from her other topic on here. Also, what kind of 'crazy talk' does she ramble on about?
                                      Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

Originally posted by JimJim
                                        So I decided to buy this yesterday, off the back of liking 'Doo Wop' - I hope I don't regret it.

I've been reading up on her career over the last couple of weeks and I find it all very fascinating. Although I must ask - what has she be doing over the last decade to upset so many people? Which is what I'm lead to believe from her other topic on here. Also, what kind of 'crazy talk' does she ramble on about?
                                        Oh wow Jim - so pleased you bought the album

There are so many theories/rumours about Lauryn floating around. Some people mis-quoted her a while back to insinuate she was racist - some people feel that her performance of 'I Get Out' on MTV a while back exposed the illuminati and since then she's not been able to go mainstream etc. Personally, I just think fame f*cked her up a tad. She went away, had babies and spoke frankly in interviews about the crap state of the world and the music industry

Do let us know what you think of the LP

Comment

I just loved this album. I'm not a big rap fan but I really loved this blend of hip/hop and soul. Lauryn has one of the most beautiful voices and best flows in the industry. And her words just speak the truth. I think it's rare that we have someone that possesses as many talents as she does and sell music without compromising their integrity. Too bad we never got a proper follow up but I know she was spending alot of time being a mom. Now that she's back performing in full force, I hope she finally does release a follow up to this classic album.

Comment

I can't believe she never came out with a follow-up for this album!

Comment

Clearly, after exposing alot with those lyrics during MTV unplugged, claiming how "they" are mind controlers too, her image eventually was transformed to look bad among fans; making everybody believe she went "crazy". It disgusts me how they can mess up millions of lives (not just in music). Everywhere! Even war/politics/economy. Evil is f**ked up. But the almighty GOD's will and power are MUUUCH BIGGER. Today, i hope she continues to stay away from record companies.
                                              "Music doesn't change. People change the music...."
                                              -Whitney Elizabeth Houston

Comment

I read somewhere that she and Mariah Carey made a track called Crystal Ball for Mariah's Rainbow album, but they never recorded it due to conflicts. I want to hear it so bad because just think about to legends working together.

Anyways, the thing that I'm most surprised is how fresh Doo Wop (That Thing) is. I heard it on radio last week.

Comment

I listened to this album for the first time a few weeks ago and it is soooooo good, I haven't spent a day since where I haven't listened to any of it!

Favourite track: To Zion. This might be my favourite song by anyone, EVER - it's so beautifully written!

Comment

Working...
                                                  X