No Doubt - Don't Speak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Doubt - Don't Speak

A classic that never gets old. I love this song to death. I remember watching the video (and hearing the song for the first time also) on tv and I didn't know what to think of it. I thought the video was disturbing with the worms in the orange and all, but I really liked the song.

The lyrics of the song are timeless and universal. I could really relate to it a couple of years ago, which took the song to a whole new level for me. One fo the ebst songs ever made I think.
    Big.Big.Booty.

The Best thing that could ever happen to music. This song is a legend of the legendary songs. This was the first english song i ever heard. I think i was 3-and-a-half, and since then, its the best song i have ever.

I respect this song, and totally love it.

Comment

Yeah this song is amazing but its not my favourite No Doubt song. but I can tell, its a classic.

Comment

Love this song! i can listen to it anytime!
        Too Much Music
        Too Much Music @Facebook
        Too Much Music @Twitter
        Scotland Social League

Comment

This is one of my favourite tracks of all time. Ironically it took Gwen to release solo material, for me to delve into her past No Doubt material!
          But I guess No Doubt are a bit before my time!

Comment

Originally posted by skapunk
            This was the first english song i ever heard. I think i was 3-and-a-half, and since then, its the best song i have ever.
            Personally, I am incapable to say what song I have heard at 3 or 4 years old : what memory Ska !

Comment

An excellent tune it is, although it has been played out to the max over the years..but it sounds great on radio and I maintain that it's their best moment, maybe along with "Simple Kind of Life" or "Spiderwebs".
              Check out my new Michael Jackson top 50 countdown!!!

Comment

This is a true classic! Not their best (Ex-Girlfriend!) but still it's awesome!

Comment

Love this song It's a amazing Track!!!
                  How 'bout you GTFO?

Comment

never gets old..
                    I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her \_(?)_/

Comment

A bit overraetd for me, I actually thought New and Just A Girl were bigger, more powerful songs!
                      1 SG Lewis |2 Miley Cyrus |3 Paul Woolford|4 NOTD |5 Zero 7

Comment

Definitely a classic and probabaly my favourite No Doubt song. It's just so good.
                        i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging

Comment

Originally posted by Vanacoring
                          This was the first english song i ever heard. I think i was 3-and-a-half, and since then, its the best song i have ever.
                          Personally, I am incapable to say what song I have heard at 3 or 4 years old : what memory Ska !
                          That's the impact the song has on me! I remember i was sitting in the balcony, and it was a windy day. I was with my annoying sister. I had just acid-rained and we were looking at the weird gloomy-yellow all around and this song was cracking on the radio! The whole scene and the song and the wind is so fresh in my mind!

*gets terribly nostalgic*

Comment

Yeah, my fav No Doubt songs:

1. Don't Speak
                            2. Hella Good
                            3. Detective
                            4. Sunday Morning
                            5. Underneath It All
                            6. Hey Baby
                            7. Simple Kind Of Life
                            8. Ex-Girlfriend
                            9. Running/New(equally fav)
                            10. Spiderwebs/Bathwater..

OMG! I can go on speaking about them for years together.

Comment

A classic in every way possible. This was one of my favourites back in the day... and I agree, it never ever gets old.

Still their best to this day And one of the best 90's songs in general.
                              Freaky Fly Bry's Top 100

M4B Charts Central

Comment

amazing song! top ten on my ipod... always!!
                                Scholasboy is the nicest person in the entire world

Comment

I actually heard this on the radio yesterday.

Comment

That's the impact the song has on me! I remember i was sitting in the balcony, and it was a windy day. I was with my annoying sister. I had just acid-rained and we were looking at the weird gloomy-yellow all around and this song was cracking on the radio! The whole scene and the song and the wind is so fresh in my mind!
                                    In effect, it was a big impact ! I have the same thing about "Black Or White" of Michael Jackson at 6-7 years old.

Comment

LOVE this song. Such a classic!

Comment

Incredible song, one of my favourites, not only of the 90s, but of all-time.

It was #1 in Australia for 8 weeks
                                        Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

One of the best songs of all time. Completely timeless and it would probably do very well if it were released today. Plus it's something anyone can relate to, probably.
                                          MadeOfBricks Chart of All Time.

Comment

Originally posted by JimJim

Very impressive !

Comment

Originally posted by JimJim

Very impressive !
                                              #1 for 3 weeks in UK.
                                              #1 for 16 weeks in US Airplay Chart. For all its airplay though, the song was not allowed to chart on the Billboard Hot 100 as no commercial single was released for it (which were required for charting purposes at the time).
                                              #1 for 2 weeks in New Zealand.

And several other countries. Many didnt have official charts at that time. Chart positions in this forum are not apprecited, i know, but just thought about posting this little amount of #1s.

Comment

#1 for 16 weeks in US Airplay Chart
                                                I knew it was a big success but not at this level !

Comment

Chart positions in this forum are not apprecited, i know, but just thought about posting this little amount of #1s.
                                                  I think when we speak about an old song, the chart performances are a part very important of their history. So, I understand totally your post !

Comment

Working...
                                                  X