Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benjamin
    replied
    Soulsinger Leela James covered this song a couple of years ago.
    Her version doesn't eat the original, but gave the song a whole new vibe. SOulful song. Absolutely fantastic.

Leave a comment:

• djlights
    replied
    A great song that is unforgettable. Classic.

Leave a comment:

• skapunk
    replied
    Originally posted by Vanacoring
    Originally posted by MadeOfBricks
    Yea exactly. I had no idea Don't Speak did so well, in fact.
    I knew this album and this song were a big success but not at this level of course.
    It could have been a looot bigger if it was released commercially in the US. That's what aches the most, because this was their chance to hit #1 in the US. They could never do so ever. Just managed 3 Top 10 singles later and all the rest charted lower.

Leave a comment:

• Vanacoring
    replied
    I knew this album and this song were a big success but not at this level of course.

Leave a comment:

• Vanacoring
    replied
    Originally posted by Tom92
    Horrible Video.
    Personally, I love this video.

Leave a comment:

• MadeOfBricks
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Vanacoring
    replied
    Chart positions are appreciated I think, but the gist was don't let sales and chart positions take over a thread, there's the chart analysis forum for that?

Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Totally true of course.
    But a small reminder of the charts performances is useful. And I don't speak often of these old songs (and it's normal) on the Chart Analysis forum.

Leave a comment:

• Tom92
    replied
    Incredible Song.
    Horrible Video.

Leave a comment:

• MadeOfBricks
    replied
    Chart positions are appreciated I think, but the gist was don't let sales and chart positions take over a thread, there's the chart analysis forum for that?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Vanacoring
    replied
    Originally posted by skapunk
    Chart positions in this forum are not apprecited, i know, but just thought about posting this little amount of #1s.
    I think when we speak about an old song, the chart performances are a part very important of their history. So, I understand totally your post !

Leave a comment:

• Vanacoring
    replied
    #1 for 16 weeks in US Airplay Chart
    I knew it was a big success but not at this level !

Leave a comment:

• skapunk
    replied
    Originally posted by JimJim

It was #1 in Australia for 8 weeks
    Very impressive !
    #1 for 3 weeks in UK.
    #1 for 16 weeks in US Airplay Chart. For all its airplay though, the song was not allowed to chart on the Billboard Hot 100 as no commercial single was released for it (which were required for charting purposes at the time).
    #1 for 2 weeks in New Zealand.

And several other countries. Many didnt have official charts at that time. Chart positions in this forum are not apprecited, i know, but just thought about posting this little amount of #1s.

Leave a comment:

• Vanacoring
    replied
    Originally posted by JimJim

Very impressive !

Leave a comment:

• MadeOfBricks
    replied
    One of the best songs of all time. Completely timeless and it would probably do very well if it were released today. Plus it's something anyone can relate to, probably.

Leave a comment:

• JimJim
    replied
    Incredible song, one of my favourites, not only of the 90s, but of all-time.

Leave a comment:

• candyman
    replied
    LOVE this song. Such a classic!

Leave a comment:

• Vanacoring
    replied
    This was the first english song i ever heard. I think i was 3-and-a-half, and since then, its the best song i have ever.
    Personally, I am incapable to say what song I have heard at 3 or 4 years old : what memory Ska !
    That's the impact the song has on me! I remember i was sitting in the balcony, and it was a windy day. I was with my annoying sister. I had just acid-rained and we were looking at the weird gloomy-yellow all around and this song was cracking on the radio! The whole scene and the song and the wind is so fresh in my mind!
    In effect, it was a big impact ! I have the same thing about "Black Or White" of Michael Jackson at 6-7 years old.

Leave a comment:

• cristy
    replied
    I actually heard this on the radio yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• aPod
    replied
    amazing song! top ten on my ipod... always!!

Leave a comment:

• FreakyFlyBry
    replied
    A classic in every way possible. This was one of my favourites back in the day... and I agree, it never ever gets old.

Still their best to this day And one of the best 90's songs in general.

Leave a comment:

• skapunk
    replied
    Yeah, my fav No Doubt songs:

1. Don't Speak
    2. Hella Good
    3. Detective
    4. Sunday Morning
    5. Underneath It All
    6. Hey Baby
    7. Simple Kind Of Life
    8. Ex-Girlfriend
    9. Running/New(equally fav)
    10. Spiderwebs/Bathwater..

OMG! I can go on speaking about them for years together.

Leave a comment:

• skapunk
    replied
    This was the first english song i ever heard. I think i was 3-and-a-half, and since then, its the best song i have ever.
    Personally, I am incapable to say what song I have heard at 3 or 4 years old : what memory Ska !
    That's the impact the song has on me! I remember i was sitting in the balcony, and it was a windy day. I was with my annoying sister. I had just acid-rained and we were looking at the weird gloomy-yellow all around and this song was cracking on the radio! The whole scene and the song and the wind is so fresh in my mind!

*gets terribly nostalgic*

Leave a comment:

• Fan
    replied
    Definitely a classic and probabaly my favourite No Doubt song. It's just so good.

Leave a comment:

• SholasBoy
    replied
    A bit overraetd for me, I actually thought New and Just A Girl were bigger, more powerful songs!

Leave a comment:

• Merci
    replied
    never gets old..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X